https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Journi (offline) on Tuesday, March 28 2017 @ 01:31 PM EDT  
Journi

I was just getting ready to leave the house and I heard E9 squealing/screeming...and I ran to my PC and caught M bringing lunch! Caught it!Fish
Click on image to download

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Sheela-kah (offline) on Tuesday, March 28 2017 @ 03:30 PM EDT  
Sheela-kah

Quote by: Journi

: Sheela-kah - "Just can't help expressing my perfect, but not realistic scenerio. Stuck in the human mindset."
I'm with you on what you expressed!

I spend a lot of time out in nature so I can spend time clearing my "human mindset" in order to enjoy the nature that surrounds me....it's the only way I can "ground" myself....free my mind... & "Re-BOOT"....(as what I had to do this morning on my PC in order to get the live cams working this morning! Green LOL) As I watch this live cam and see and hear the cars go by, the city lights...and then look back away from that and into the pasture where I see birds, horses, trees, a pond....well, it reminds me of the world that we all share and live in. It also reminds me to keep kicking around in the woods, capture nature's art with my camera, and be thankful that I can do so....so, I can share what I capture on "film" with the world...and, hopefully, remind people that we all have a part of taking care of not only this planet, but be mindful that we share this planet with "the wild ones". I am thankful that I have been blessed to be able to watch this live cam - with all that is going on and around. It has reminded me to keep looking up and enjoy what surrounds me...no matter where I am at that moment. E9 has taught me many simple but important lessons....one being...."Trust your wings...the wind that you cannot see is there and it will carry you to new journeys each moment that you are given."Sitting eagle
Thank you, creator, for bringing E9 into this world!

Yes Journi, my idea of a good day is one spent alone in the forests or by the sea. And I'm fortunate to have both, as well as all the seasons where I live. I seem to need it to keep my perspective of life balanced. Every little thing is new and exciting to me and I'm no more important than the smallest of them.

The creature most loved by the Great Spirit was the eagle, for he tells the story of life. The eagle feather has two sides…this represents balance of all that i
Forum

Profile     PM

By: Blonde4938 (offline) on Tuesday, March 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM EDT  
Blonde4938

E9 has been perching really high up in those snag trees. I have a feeling he's thinking about leaving soon. Cry Hanky

Always Remember: Eagles come in all shape and sizes, but you will recognize them (E9) chiefly by their (E9's) attitudes.
-E. F. Schumacher

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Tuesday, March 28 2017 @ 04:48 PM EDT  
Journi

I read this info, today, on the chat roll on the Live Cam website and I copied it in order to paste it here:

Thomas - Do eagles migrate?And if so - how long do they stay in one area?
Mar 28 2017, 5:11 PM
purpleagle: That is a good question and not as easy to answer as you might think,Thomas. It depends on where the eagles breed. Eagles and other birds migrate for survival - they follow the food. Eagles in areas where food is hard to find during the winter months may migrate thousands of miles each year. Many eagles migrate to the Chesapeake Bay region on the east coast.Eagles from up north, to the west and even from the south all merge in this area because the food sources are so plentiful.
Mar 28 2017, 5:12 PM
purpleagle: Many first-year eagles and sub-adults make their way up north from Florida.And some adults from Florida also migrate up north, but studies suggest these adults migrate later than the sub-adults and stay for a shorter period of time.
purpleagle: As far as how long they are gone,they usually return a few months before breeding season in their respective locations.
purpleagle: But some eagles don’t migrate.Eagles that live in areas where food is abundant year round don’t need to migrate.They can remain in their territory year round.
Mar 28 2017, 5:13 PM
purpleagle: Harriet and M15 don’t migrate.They remain in the area year round. But if they did migrate they might travel as far north as Nova Scotia which is where some migrating Florida eagles were seen. That is over 2,000 miles away!

Maybe E9 won't migrate away from the area since there is an abundance of food in the area! One could hope!
I think E9 really has grown to like this pasture area! I mean there's a pond to swim in, horses to play with, a fan-club, nice sunny weather....Sunny
Wooh

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Tuesday, March 28 2017 @ 05:28 PM EDT  
Sandy_W

Got to have coffee with my favorite Eagle family. Love this photo of the family!

PS...just realized there is a coffee smug. Well..just goes to show it was actually used. Smiles

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Machete (offline) on Tuesday, March 28 2017 @ 05:37 PM EDT  
Machete

Where did you get that Mug of coffee mug?

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Tuesday, March 28 2017 @ 05:38 PM EDT  
Suzi59ny

Wouldn't that be awesome if E9 didn't migrate up north I hope its not just wishful thinking on our part Journi! Maybe he'll just leave the immediate nest area and hang w/ other juveniles in the area and occasionally fly by and visit the pasture *sigh*! Well we can hope n pray that will be the case but also know that the odds of that are slim as our Mods have yrs of xp w/ past broods from Harriet that have all left (but who knows for sure if they have migrated north) fingers crossed Ok not going to worry about it we'll cross that bridge when it comes Red Heart A couple of scaps from earlier!

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Tuesday, March 28 2017 @ 05:52 PM EDT  
Suzi59ny

Love it Sandy_W I seen some of the stuff in the "store" there I'm waiting for a different pic to get something for myself also I don't drink coffee so not sure which item I'd want! Clapping I might get a Tee shirt made out of one of my fav scaps was a thought I had! I will just donate to the site when I'm able if I don't see anything I want! Look at that mantling by E9 he looks bigger than both Mom n Dad lol
earlier tug of fish w/ Mom

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:11 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate