https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Kanseagle (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:02 PM EDT  
Kanseagle

Thanks for those. I was busy today so missed that, didn't even know there was a T-storm. I think it's amazing how us humans don't know to "come in out of the rain", which is saying to seek shelter, where birds and animals understand and do that quite well.

Ron

Forum

Kansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Kathy M. (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:13 PM EDT  
Kathy M.

I think E9 was just trying to make us feel sorry for him...his crop was huge yesterday after the rabbit and still appeared big later in the day...so he should have been okay...I think he's just spoiled (said jokingly of course).

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking...

Forum

Central Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: SummerShadow (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:17 PM EDT  
SummerShadow

Not sure what I should/n't be posting in the other forum thread, so.... I'll post this here. E9 chasing the wind....

Click on image to download

"You only live once, but if you do it right.. once is enough." -- Mae West

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:26 PM EDT  
Suzi59ny

What a perfect scap SummerShadow love it it's hard to capture E9 "spread like an Eagle" pun intended lol !!! According to MaryF still post these great captures in the other forum from my understanding Kudo's to you Left thumb up

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Vicki Byrum (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:49 PM EDT  
Vicki Byrum

Nice scaps, SummerShadow!

When E9 was crying in the nest for food he kept looking up at Harriet, who was in the upper branches. She stayed there for a long time and finally flew off when it was getting close to sunset. I continued watching & when the fish came in a while later, the adult who brought it jumped up on the attic branch (on the side closest to the nest), the cam pointed to it and it was Harriet. The feathers on the back of the head were straight across where the brown and white come together. There were no brown spots, very distinct. And someone posted a scap where she dropped the fish off in the nest and she was bent down and the heart was there. So I'm fairly sure it was Mom.

I have been watching all day except during the storm, and I haven't seen M15 once. I saw Harriet fly from the nest tree around sundown when E was finishing off the fish, over to the snag tree on the church side of the pond, sat there for a minute, and then she flew off to the west. I watched Cam 2 as it was searching the front pines for M & H and they were not visible. I watched for over 20 minutes and didn't spot them, even looking with a magnifying glass. Maybe they were hunkered down on lower branches in the front pines because of the wind, where the cam couldn't see them. I'm trying to think positive and hope all will be as usual as the sun comes up in the morning. E9 is sure brave to stay out there on that branch tonight. Maybe when the wind dies down he'll come back in closer to the nest.

Everyone try to think positive! Love all your posts and chat and scaps, and I'm so thankful to the moderators here for setting this area up for us. Thank you MaryF.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: SummerShadow (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:52 PM EDT  
SummerShadow

Quote by: Suzi59ny

What a perfect scap SummerShadow love it it's hard to capture E9 "spread like an Eagle" pun intended lol !!! According to MaryF still post these great captures in the other forum from my understanding Kudo's to you Left thumb up

Thank you Suzi. I may, not sure. But now I can't seem to find my way back to the other forum. lol I'm lost. But then, I'm always lost. ;p

Forum

Profile     PM

By: SummerShadow (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:55 PM EDT  
SummerShadow

Quote by: Vicki Byrum

Nice scaps, SummerShadow!

When E9 was crying in the nest for food he kept looking up at Harriet, who was in the upper branches. She stayed there for a long time and finally flew off when it was getting close to sunset. I continued watching & when the fish came in a while later, the adult who brought it jumped up on the attic branch (on the side closest to the nest), the cam pointed to it and it was Harriet. The feathers on the back of the head were straight across where the brown and white come together. There were no brown spots, very distinct. And someone posted a scap where she dropped the fish off in the nest and she was bent down and the heart was there. So I'm fairly sure it was Mom.

I have been watching all day except during the storm, and I haven't seen M15 once. I saw Harriet fly from the nest tree around sundown when E was finishing off the fish, over to the snag tree on the church side of the pond, sat there for a minute, and then she flew off to the west. I watched Cam 2 as it was searching the front pines for M & H and they were not visible. I watched for over 20 minutes and didn't spot them, even looking with a magnifying glass. Maybe they were hunkered down on lower branches in the front pines because of the wind, where the cam couldn't see them. I'm trying to think positive and hope all will be as usual as the sun comes up in the morning. E9 is sure brave to stay out there on that branch tonight. Maybe when the wind dies down he'll come back in closer to the nest.

Everyone try to think positive! Love all your posts and chat and scaps, and I'm so thankful to the moderators here for setting this area up for us. Thank you MaryF.

I'm trying, but their routine changed so much tonight that I'm worried. I'm used to H & M calling out at the end of the day to each other when they're settled in, even if in the front pines. The silence I just don't like. Just hoping it was weather making them quiet tonight. Will see come morning, I guess. :/

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Journi (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:56 PM EDT  
Journi

Hi everyone! wave I didn't realize that M hasn't been seen and that H&M are not in the nest tree tonight! Maybe it's just another eagle-lesson for E9...? I just checked the Ft Myers Weather Channel website and there's no storms due in the area all night long. So, that makes me feel a little better since E9 is alone in the nest tree and not in the nest! Maybe E9 is done with the bugs in the nest and perching on a limb is better and has a lot less bugs! No "bed-bugs" crawling all around....ewwwwOh My! Smart move E9!

Well, guess I'll go get some things done around here that I've been neglecting while E9 is resting/sleeping!
Good night "nest-buddies"! sleepy See you tomorrow for more great E9 adventures!

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:18 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate