idauria

Click on image to download

Took this pic earlier this morning.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Kathy M. (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 08:32 AM EDT  
Kathy M.

Quote by: Kanseagle

I got a rather nice surprise today. I've been photographing some Eagles at our local reservoir, well about 2 weeks ago I was down there and only saw one juvenile. I couldn't get any shots of it, the bird was real shy. So anyway on the way home, I went by an old eagles nest on the county lake, which is only about 2 miles away from the reservoir. I stopped and wanted to get a couple shots of the old nest. Last I had heard it wasn't being used. So I did grab some frames, and knew they wouldn't be that good, since the nest is about 200 yrds from the road, and it was real, real windy, blowing straight at me. When I raised my lens I couldn't hold it well at all. I use a big zoom, 150-600mm, which has a large hood. The wind would catch the hood.

So anyway, it wasn't until today that I decided to download the photos to my PC. Wow was I surprised, by what I couldn't see looking at the screen on my camera.

Cropped in a lot.

Eagle sitting on the nest. We know what that means, there must be eggs or little ones. I'll be going back soon.

Wow! What a find! I think the pictures are beautiful in their simplicity...

Does this forum shut down until the next season for Harriet and M15 (I would understand if it did as it is a lot of work for the moderators and I'm sure they could use the break) or will it stay up where you can continue to share your find with us?

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking...

Forum

Central Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 08:57 AM EDT  
Journi

Sitting eagleGood Morning E9, H&M & everyone here gathered at the "nest"!wave

E is getting dive-bombed this morning while hanging out on a snag! Looks like E is just wanting to chill while enjoying the warmth of the Sunny!

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: JodyKSam (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 09:16 AM EDT  
JodyKSam

Quote by: Kathy M.

Quote by: JodyKSam

PREY4U -- Cyn ---

That is AMAZING ... I just love your top 10 lessons...I wish everyone else could see it. I was thinking we should have the mods put a link to this chatters nest forum every so often so others can join in.

I've missed you and so glad you're back! So thankful that Mary provided us with a place to connect that doesn't take away from the Nest Updates.

Well...last day of spring break for me and I need to get back to my lesson planning....boy will I ever miss seeing E9 nearly 24/7 after today.....

Don't know what ages or classes you teach; but, have you had your class participate in one of the online chats about this nest that the mods have on the CAM site?

I'm a 'jack of all trades' as a teacher - history, English, middle school and high school drama and film studies courses, all this term! I have clued in one of our biology teachers though, but I think she hasn't had a chance to schedule one yet. Wonder how that's done?

Trust the Eagles ... always trust the eagles!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 11:36 AM EDT  
Suzi59ny

Good morning All! Sunny M15 brought E9 another Fish and Mom popped in to check and fake aerate the nest to maybe try and steal it but E9 is on the ball not taking his foot off of it to give her a chance "good boy" Sitting eagle Scaps of the family and E9 & Harriet
E9 & Dad
E9 & Mom

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Machete (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 11:41 AM EDT  
Machete

New here, been following this nest since hatch day. Here are some of my favorite pics I've taken.

Baby E9

Puffy

Foggy Morning

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Machete (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 11:42 AM EDT  
Machete

Bonus screenshot from a wskrs video:

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 11:57 AM EDT  
Journi

SNACK TiME!!!! All three in the nest for a short time while E started eating the fish, then M flew off and H stayed at the nest with E9. She started to "fluff" the nest while E9 was eating...then she left the nest and perched on a branch next to the nest... and E continued self feeding.
After E was done with the fish, E9 joined mom on the branch she was sitting on and I captured this beautiful moment:Red Heart

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:00 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate