You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: DinkeyCreekgrl (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 09:38 PM EDT  
DinkeyCreekgrl

Quote by: Kanseagle

I got a rather nice surprise today. I've been photographing some Eagles at our local reservoir, well about 2 weeks ago I was down there and only saw one juvenile. I couldn't get any shots of it, the bird was real shy. So anyway on the way home, I went by an old eagles nest on the county lake, which is only about 2 miles away from the reservoir. I stopped and wanted to get a couple shots of the old nest. Last I had heard it wasn't being used. So I did grab some frames, and knew they wouldn't be that good, since the nest is about 200 yrds from the road, and it was real, real windy, blowing straight at me. When I raised my lens I couldn't hold it well at all. I use a big zoom, 150-600mm, which has a large hood. The wind would catch the hood.

So anyway, it wasn't until today that I decided to download the photos to my PC. Wow was I surprised, by what I couldn't see looking at the screen on my camera.

Cropped in a lot.

Eagle sitting on the nest. We know what that means, there must be eggs or little ones. I'll be going back soon.

Wow!!! What a catch! Literally! Magical. So beautiful. Great nest too! Red Heart An artist built it and an artist captured it! Smile

Cyn

"I know that love is seeing, all the infinite in one. In the brotherhood of creatures, through The Father, through The Son." ~ John Denver

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 09:39 PM EDT  
Journi

Thank you for that video link of E9 soaring high into the sky today! Seeing E9 WAY UP THERE really tugged at my heart! If I didn't already know that E9 had come back from that flight, I would have been almost freaking out thinking that E9 was going to do what E7 did...and just keep on flying away! I know it's going to happen that we'll see E9 soaring and then flying off until we won't be able to see E9 any more...that speck of black in high into the sky won't be able to be seen. Whoa.....that's heavy.Cry Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be getting so attached to E9 and H&M....and "EggbertWub"....but, I will see this entire adventure as a blessing...an adventure that has sort of kicked me in the behind to do whatever I can for those wild-ones who share life in the great outdoors and call it home!

Okay....I need to go and calm down....I miss you already E9.....Sitting eagle
Click on image to download
E9 and "Eggbert"

Good night everyone....

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: rainna4 (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 09:41 PM EDT  
rainna4

Thank you so much Cyn, and agree it's been a wonderful time so far. Going from cold, wet Wisconsin to warm, sunny North Carolina weather! We spent a few hours just sitting at the beach on the ocean. It was so very nice but I do miss everyone and spending the final weeks with our precious E9.
I will be checking in from time to time, but this stop is only half the trip, second part is a TX visit with my 3 very active grandsons, and then home to recover from trying to keep up with them! lol

Take Care
rainna4

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
author unknown
AKA: Sandy D

Forum

Wisconsin

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM EDT  
Journi

Rainna4...Have a wonderful time with family! Please check in with us when you can! We'll keep scapping and keep track of what's happening! Hopefully E9 will be around for the entire month of April. E9 has yet to learn how to hunt....and take a BATH! LOL
Have a fun time! Big hugs

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: rainna4 (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 09:51 PM EDT  
rainna4

Jouri, you are so right about those emotional attachment feelings toward a wild eagle, funny how things happen in life and E9 comes along at a time that unites so many people from so many different walks of life. Unity of E9, for us all! Thanks for your kind heart and words.

rainna4

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
author unknown
AKA: Sandy D

Forum

Wisconsin

Profile Email   PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 12:50 AM EDT  
Suzi59ny

Great post and scaps from everyone today just got home about a 1 1/2 hr+ ago 11pm! I see E9 in the nest tree very good and Mom n Dad close by all is well in the pines! I so missed them when I was gone and I have to say as we were driving on the thruway how many big birds I seen soaring no Eagles but many hawks, vultures,falcons etc now I notice everything in the skies heh! Goodnight All and E9, Harriet & M15 ((hugs)) Sleepy A scap from before I left he looks upset and like he's saying "what are you looking at" !
Click on image to download

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Laniebelle (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 01:31 AM EDT  
Laniebelle

Thanks everyone for the information sharing, emotion sharing, and s'caps of our fave eagle E9 today!

For those who have been commenting on the Trio nest (Stewards of the Mississippi), I don't believe Mom has been sighted. I am hoping that she will return. It is very fortunate that there are two male eagles here. It would be nearly impossible for one adult to successfully raise the 2 eaglets. I am really rather surprised and so delighted that the 2 babes seem to be doing quite well today (after getting soaked and cold yesterday). I saw both males on the nest today, feeding and sheltering their little ones.

You all might enjoy this video by Kimberley Peck, featuring the 2 Dads taking care of their 2 young'uns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W3o4DI ... e=youtu.be

Laniebelle

Forum

Fort Collins, CO

Profile     PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Monday, March 27 2017 @ 07:01 AM EDT  
Sandy_W

Got up really early this morning as it is the end of our spring break and it is back to school. So for the past hour have been reading the chatter from last night and know I will miss the daily back and forth chatter in real time. My poor baby dogs will have to deal with the fact I will be reading lots when I get home in the afternoons. I am sure I will have a lap full as I tackle the keyboard.

After watching E9's soaring into the clouds, it really hit me I will come home one afternoon and our precious youngster will have made his last appearance. It will be oh so very sad for me and I am sure everyone who has fallen in love with this precious Eagle family. We will have to have group hugs across this chatter nest for sure. But in my mind, I will see E soaring off to above the clouds as I saw from his flight yesterday. That sight will heal my lonely heart as he goes off into his wonderful Eagle life of being a magnificent Eagle. So I will keep all of these thoughts in mind as I look to enjoy each day we have left. Talk later!

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:46 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate