The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Sandy_W (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM EDT  
Sandy_W

Quote by: Journi

Sandy....Yes, some how I taught myself how to add things to the SCAPS....don't know how I did it! Puzzled I just decided to put my eagle-wings on and step into the great unknown!Sitting eagle
So....I'm not sure what I'll get each time, but it sure is fun! I would love to know what E9 is thinking with each new adventure....probably not even close to what we could come up with! In this picture E9 could be thinking..."Which way is North?" or having thoughts of more Rabbit! LOL!

WooHoo Journi. Knew you could do it! Yeah, it is fun to add the crazy thoughts! Poor E9....if he only knew the world is watching, caring and loving him to pieces. Positive thoughts for his safe journeys.

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 12:54 PM EDT  
Sandy_W

Quote by: Laniebelle

Quote by: JodyKSam

Quote by: Sandy_W

Sad Eagle news. Not sure who follows the Trio of Eagles at the Mississippi Refuge but know it was mentioned in the morning chat. Information was posted the the Stewards of Upper Mississippi Refuge Facebook page. It seems the nest experienced a horrible event last night with one of the Eagles apparently trying to defend the nest from another Eagle is lost. If anyone wishes the information, it can be read at their FB page or I can post. Wasn't sure if I should or not. The cam has been turned off. Positive thoughts for these two babies and remaining parents and for the personnel at the Refuge. Mother Nature can be so cruel but so loving at the same time.

Oh no... Sad

Hi, Sandy and Jody and others

Much better news this morning on the Trio nest (Stewards). Yesterday afternoon, it looked pretty dismal with the two eaglets shivering alone in the nest. Still no news of the Mom who flew off to protect her nest against the attacking intruder eagle. Good news this morning is that both eaglets survived the night. This morning, both Valor 1 and Valor 2 were on the nest. The eaglets have been fed and trying to keep them warm. It is rainy again. I hope today will be a much, much better day for these two precious ones, and that they will have the strength to survive and thrive.

You can see some great photos of the Dads and two eaglets on Stewards FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/stewardsoftheu ... verrefuge/

Thanks Laniebelle. I have been following on FB as the Stewards are doing such a great job keeping everyone updated. Hoping beyond hope that Hope returns. Those are truly Fabulous Eagle Dads for sure. So happy these babies survived yesterday through that cold and rain. Yup...Sunny and Stormy (cute names from the forum) are survivors for sure.

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 01:07 PM EDT  
Journi

Sandy....I hope to see some creative scaps from you too! Nodding yes

I still don't know why I'm getting the bottom tool box area of my PC when I take a scap! I have to go into the Snipping Tool option on my PC and go in to snip that part off so it isn't included in the final scap! This is me when I open up my scap and see that tool box included: Faint

I see E9 and H sitting in the nest tree waiting....hunger is a hard lesson, but E9 must experience it in order to be motivated to start searching the ground for food....and, then, taking that fast fall to swoop at it to catch it! I hope we will be able to experience that - it would be awesome to watch!

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM EDT  
Sandy_W

Quote by: Journi

Sandy....I hope to see some creative scaps from you too! Nodding yes

I still don't know why I'm getting the bottom tool box area of my PC when I take a scap! I have to go into the Snipping Tool option on my PC and go in to snip that part off so it isn't included in the final scap! This is me when I open up my scap and see that tool box included: Faint

I see E9 and H sitting in the nest tree waiting....hunger is a hard lesson, but E9 must experience it in order to be motivated to start searching the ground for food....and, then, taking that fast fall to swoop at it to catch it! I hope we will be able to experience that - it would be awesome to watch!

I will try but spring break ends now and it is back to school with my school kiddos. I may need mini vacations at night and get back to the fun of chatter. Yeah, using Windows 8 (I think you said that is your OS) the snipping tool is the best and easiest way to to get screenshots. Actually you can click and drag to select the portion of the shot you want so you really don't have to get the entire screen. Try that to see if it works for you. The print Screen option (on the keyboard) only places the image (entire screen) in a copy/paste mode. then can take it to paint or Photoshop with paste. Then can crop out what you don't want. Actually, I think if I recall correctly, the image can be saved as a jpg with the snipping tool. With Win 10, the file format is png, which I have to change.

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 01:32 PM EDT  
Sandy_W

Maybe E and Mom had a conversation and waiting on Dad to get the hunting done for the today. Looks a bit cloudy and windy so maybe a hard day for fishing. Ok my human thoughts. Smiles

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: DinkeyCreekgrl (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 02:20 PM EDT  
DinkeyCreekgrl

Hello fellow "Nesters"...I found my way. wave I was so confused after a few postings last week about what to post, where to post and who was supposed to post where, I just quit posting and watched and read. I think I've figured it out now! My old brain is a little slow to process sometimes. Puzzled I did miss the expression of capturing and sharing photos and dialogue and each other's perspective of this incredible experience with this beautiful eagle family. I put together something I've been working on since I began watching in December and thought I'd share it here. Hope it can be viewed in this format. I've enjoyed "meeting" you all as well as this beautiful family. Wub I've been amazed at how much I continue to learn, not only about nature, but about human nature as well. AND how much human nature could stand to learn a thing or two from nature if some of us didn't think we were so superior over nature... Thank you all for adding so much to my life over the past 3 months...to my new feathered and unfeathered friends, much love and peace. *all screen captures featured below were captures I took from the live cam.
Click on image to download
Click on image to download

Cyn

"I know that love is seeing, all the infinite in one. In the brotherhood of creatures, through The Father, through The Son." ~ John Denver

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM EDT  
Journi

Hello Prey4U!wave I was wondering where you went! So glad you got up the tree and found the Chatters Nest! hug

I love what you created! I had a hard time reading it at first, but then something told me to click onto your created page(s) and the letters do get a little larger!
I know once E9 fly's away I will re-read what you created for sure as I search back on the many memories of this incredible eagle life's journey of E9 and H&M.

So, thank you for sharing this with us! And, again, I am so happy you found us....you have been missed! Grin

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Kathy M. (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 02:44 PM EDT  
Kathy M.

@Prey4U, that is really exceptional! Thanx bunches!Clapping

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking...

Forum

Central Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:00 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate