https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Sandy_W (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 10:32 AM EDT  
Sandy_W

Journi, can I challenge you on your new found computer image skills to create some wonderful Eagle memes? You have such a great sense of all things Eagles and their world. And we now have a place to chatter and have a bit of fun along the way. Smiles

I am anxious to see how H & M are going to move our little one to the next of level of expertise. It seems everyday something changes everyday to what we are used to seeing. Quirky Mother Nature...quirky Eagle instinct to this human.

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 11:48 AM EDT  
Journi

Click on image to download

Sandy....Yes, some how I taught myself how to add things to the SCAPS....don't know how I did it! Puzzled I just decided to put my eagle-wings on and step into the great unknown!Sitting eagle
So....I'm not sure what I'll get each time, but it sure is fun! I would love to know what E9 is thinking with each new adventure....probably not even close to what we could come up with! In this picture E9 could be thinking..."Which way is North?" or having thoughts of more Rabbit! LOL!

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Vicki Byrum (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 11:56 AM EDT  
Vicki Byrum

Harriet called E9 to the nest tree but there was no food. Now the zoomie seems to be looking for him but I think he's on the nest because I can hear his hunger cries. Maybe Harriet is expecting M.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 12:04 PM EDT  
Journi

Good morning everyone! I was watching a Brooks Falls - Katmai National Park, Alaska live cam - showed a mama bear with her three cubs....they were sitting besides a stream and two of the cubs were playing with a metal walking stick! Kinda of makes you wonder what happened to the person who used that walking stick! Oh My

I miss living around and hiking the Cascade and Olympic mountains! That is where I came to admire and respect not only the eagles, but all wildlife. One day, I hope to get back to being surrounded by nature and all the wild beings that call the woods "home". I learned a lot from the Pacific NW native Americans and their stories about the great Eagle. Ummmm, maybe I am feeling a calling too.....? Whistling
(Of course, since I don't have wings to get me back there, I'd have to set up a "Go Fund Me" page instead!) Wooh

Well...what is E9 up to now....guess I'll go have a look-see! Has H&M been seen yet this morning?

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 12:06 PM EDT  
Suzi59ny

Good afternoon chatters! Our E9 is mia in the pines zoomie will have a fun day trying to keep up w/ him heh! I know E9 has got to be hungry its been many hours since last known breakfish Fish (early yesterday) aww! Hurry up Mom or Dad w/ some food for our precious fledgling!!

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 12:09 PM EDT  
Journi

Just checked the live cam and E9 is there in the nest tree! Waiting for M with something good to eat....?Sitting eagle
E9 has to be hungry....!Don't Panic

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Laniebelle (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM EDT  
Laniebelle

Quote by: JodyKSam

Quote by: Sandy_W

Sad Eagle news. Not sure who follows the Trio of Eagles at the Mississippi Refuge but know it was mentioned in the morning chat. Information was posted the the Stewards of Upper Mississippi Refuge Facebook page. It seems the nest experienced a horrible event last night with one of the Eagles apparently trying to defend the nest from another Eagle is lost. If anyone wishes the information, it can be read at their FB page or I can post. Wasn't sure if I should or not. The cam has been turned off. Positive thoughts for these two babies and remaining parents and for the personnel at the Refuge. Mother Nature can be so cruel but so loving at the same time.

Oh no... Sad

Hi, Sandy and Jody and others

Much better news this morning on the Trio nest (Stewards). Yesterday afternoon, it looked pretty dismal with the two eaglets shivering alone in the nest. Still no news of the Mom who flew off to protect her nest against the attacking intruder eagle. Good news this morning is that both eaglets survived the night. This morning, both Valor 1 and Valor 2 were on the nest. The eaglets have been fed and trying to keep them warm. It is rainy again. I hope today will be a much, much better day for these two precious ones, and that they will have the strength to survive and thrive.

You can see some great photos of the Dads and two eaglets on Stewards FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/stewardsoftheu ... verrefuge/

Laniebelle

Forum

Fort Collins, CO

Profile     PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 12:32 PM EDT  
Suzi59ny

IKR Journi I can just imagine the squeeing when a food delivery finally comes heh! WooHoo I thought E9 was still in nest tree but zoomies was looking all over the place, maybe scanning for Harriet or M15! I see one adult and E9 in the tree not sure which one most likely Harriet! Sitting eagle Well I might be taking a mini trip to Buffalo, Ny to drop off my niece's kitty this afternoon its about 50mins 1 way so I'll expect mucho scaps from you all if I do go lol! Here's the latest scap at 12:30pm est and a quick scap of April when will she ever have that baby lol!

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:56 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate