The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: SummerShadow (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 08:17 PM EDT  
SummerShadow

Many thanks, Mary!! Smile

Now. Anyone know where Harriet & M15 are? I think Harriet brought in that fish earlier, a total drop and run on her part (good thinking). But... where's M??

"You only live once, but if you do it right.. once is enough." -- Mae West

Forum

Profile     PM

By: rainna4 (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 08:19 PM EDT  
rainna4

Mary F: Thank you so much for finding a resolution to many different members on here. That is not an easy thing to do, pleasing everyone. You just dropped the MIC!

rainna4

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
author unknown
AKA: Sandy D

Forum

Wisconsin

Profile Email   PM

By: Blonde4938 (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 08:24 PM EDT  
Blonde4938

Where's M15? He's been missing in action all day. Don't Panic

Always Remember: Eagles come in all shape and sizes, but you will recognize them (E9) chiefly by their (E9's) attitudes.
-E. F. Schumacher

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: SummerShadow (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 08:25 PM EDT  
SummerShadow

Noticed someone in chat thinking H was perched in the attic. That's not Harriet, but E9. He was faster than me this time so I only got his feet (upper right of image) as he flew up there. Little dickens... wish he'd lay down in the nest since the wind is crazy, and hopefully the wind is too crazy for owls to be out looking to start trouble.

E9 flying from the porch to the attic.

Click on image to download

E9 perched in the attic.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: SummerShadow (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 08:29 PM EDT  
SummerShadow

Quote by: Blonde4938

Where's M15? He's been missing in action all day. Don't Panic

They said in chat that M15 brought the fish this evening, but I think it was Harriet. BUT... it was done in drop-and-run fashion, so I'm not sure. I did see Harriet rush down when the worst of the storm occurred today and go under the tree on the ground where E9 was, then she flew under a nearby tree with leafy, low-hanging branches (shelter). I'm always so amazed at this beautiful family of eagles.

I've no idea where M or H are at the moment though. I'm so used to them calling out to or with each other at the end of the day when they're perched for the night that I get worried if there's something different in their patterns. Hope Zoomie can find them.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Kanseagle (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 08:30 PM EDT  
Kanseagle

Was it Harriet that delivered the fish? I popped in afterwards, just watched E9 eating it. I did see, whichever adult perched above, and E9 mantle and warn. I was thinking M might have brought the fish, and H was doing her usual, show up late and take it from E. I don't know.

I did see that adult fly from the nest tree to a snag, then off to the south, just before it got dark. So it has me wondering why H and M are not perched on the nest tree or the snag to the NW?

Ron

Forum

Kansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 08:37 PM EDT  
Suzi59ny

Thanks so much MaryF!!! I think this will perfect for all of us Eagle lovers! Woohoo!! I was out shopping most of the day so did I read right that E9 finally got a fishy from possibly Mom??? I haven't seen M15 all morning either hope all is well w/ him, I'm a wee bit worried but I know "Trust the Eagles" though humans I don't trust heh! Scap from way earlier

Forum

Profile     PM

By: SummerShadow (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 08:56 PM EDT  
SummerShadow

Here's a couple of SCAPS from Harriet today when she went to protect E9 from the storm and lured him from his tree by the pond (he was on the ground) to a nearby tree with better coverage. Amazing. I'm assuming Lady Hawk will have this edited out. Was something to see for sure.

E9 under the tree where he usually goes to get shade sometimes. Worst of the storm was happening about then. I have E9 circled, but you can see Harriet already under the tree on the right.

Harriet flew down and stood with E9 for a moment and then flew to the nearby tree with better protection (on the ground, lower right under tree).

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:44 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate