You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: nightowl (offline) on Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 04:09 AM EDT  
nightowl

Byebye

I'm glad to see everyone enjoying your new chat thread. Grin Even though this is a more relaxed area of the forum, the same rules still apply.

Any words stronger than 'darn' will be deleted. This is a family forum and we don't needs kids learning "new" words here, and I'm sure their parents wouldn't appreciate it either.

There's to be no discussion of religion or politics. Those are 2 volatile and sometimes heated subjects and can easily get out of control AND most people have strong opinions on both.

Kathy M, I know you asked on the SWFEC thread, but I don't know if you were ever answered. S'cap is short for 'screen capture'. Someone on the previous HWF forum came up with that more than 11 years ago.

OK, I'll bow out now and let everyone chat about anything and everything.Left thumb up

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Philjo56France (offline) on Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 05:26 AM EDT  
Philjo56France

Quote by: SummerShadow

Quote by: Blonde4938

Quote by: joannc

Harriet, M15 and E9 is like a walk in the park in comparison.

That D1 eagle sickened me! If that's what it is I may never watch another nest. I've been so upset over that sweet tiny D3.

I was only able to watch the Dale Hollow cam a couple of times because I couldn't handle seeing the tiny eaglet not getting food and getting beat up by the big one. But I know this is how nature made them, and the aggression is something they're born with. Sadly, the smallest and most frail are the ones who get the brunt of it. I took a peek at the other two today and, honestly, the oldest eaglet is HUGE compared to the other one, and compared to that tiny one.... well, the little one didn't really have much of a chance because of its size and not getting to the food enough.
Nature is really harsh, but the big eaglet isn't horrible or awful or 'mean,' and we have to be very very careful at projecting human emotions and traits onto them... because it's really not fair to the eaglets/eagles. These babies come out of the egg with the aggression inside them, and it's there so they survive in the wild. Just take a look at how the eaglets attack the parents for food, which is 100% necessary. But that aggression, whether to a small sibling or grown adult.. is actually two sides of the same coin. The eaglets do out-grow this aggression towards one another which tells me that it really is a game of survival right from the beginning.
It's upsetting, beyond upsetting to see, I totally am there with you. But, I have to remind myself that it's not "Intent" but instinct they're acting upon, and they don't feel hate or meanness etc towards their siblings.... they know they're hungry and are fighting for food.
SO hard to watch, though.. oh man is it ever. I just can't. I will likely close the browser window next season if/when it happens, then come back when things calm down. I'm not a toughie when it comes to that stuff, so... you know.
But don't blame the eaglets for how God made them. Some starve to death before they reach adulthood, so... that aggression is built right in for a reason.

Totally agree with you about this subject SummerShadow
I can also imagine if N°3 hatched 1 week before the 2 others Eaglets it should be able to do the same thing N° 1 did or not...
Only God knows
It's true, for us human we consider that too sad. Sometimes also the biggest have their problems too, i remember the last "breathes" of the poor E5 and E3. Terrible view even years after. I can't forget Eyes become wet each time i recall their "destinies"
But Trust the Eagles

* E9holic.Please do not try to heal me of my addiction . 14 months old.
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. Bev Shofstall of Free Again Wildlife Rehabilitation
RIP 2018: Harrison Bay (Tn) Eloise First Lady 01/14. Dollywood Eleanor(“Ellie”) 01/17. Old Creek Town Park in Eufaula (Al) Eaglet 02/04. Berry Collège Eaglet 02/22, Stevie osprey (Aus), Dale Hollow 03/06-07 DH4

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: idauria (offline) on Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 08:17 AM EDT  
idauria

Can someone remind me how to post SCAPS? I know it's annoying to have to hear that again, but I can't find the post explaining it.

Thanks!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Theresa (offline) on Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 08:36 AM EDT  
Theresa

I was asked to repost my Tribute to E9 on our new Chatters Forum, along with the Crazy Hairdo SCAP that I have of E9. The pic is hysterical. Grin Fuzzy head and the wonderful early morning sunshine made for a precious and hysterical memory. Enjoy

Click on image to download

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." Quote by John Muir

Forum

Somewhere outside
Louisville KY

Profile   Website  

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 08:42 AM EDT  
Sandy_W

Quote by: idauria

Can someone remind me how to post SCAPS? I know it's annoying to have to hear that again, but I can't find the post explaining it.

Thanks!

Sort of a quick reminder. Once the screen shot is saved as a jpg format, go to post reply. Click the File icon on the formatting task bar. Between the file icons (you will see two words (file) show up in the message window. Type the number "1" between those two file words. Go down to Attachments > "Choose File" for image 1 indicated beween the two words file. Navigate to the jpg image file to choose the screenshot to post. Can click preview to make sure all is well. Hope this quick description helps. Smiles

Edit: forgot to mention to add more images, click File to once again bring up file words in the message window. Type "2" between the second file icons and add another image from the Attachment by Choose file for second image. And so forth for final image (3rd image file).

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 08:44 AM EDT  
Sandy_W

Quote by: Theresa

I was asked to repost my Tribute to E9 on our new Chatters Forum, along with the Crazy Hairdo SCAP that I have of E9. The pic is hysterical. Grin Fuzzy head and the wonderful early morning sunshine made for a precious and hysterical memory. Enjoy

Thank you so very much, Theresa. Love this and such a wonderful day to post for our little one's birthday day!

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: idauria (offline) on Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 08:55 AM EDT  
idauria

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JodyKSam (offline) on Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 10:49 AM EDT  
JodyKSam

Left thumb up Thanks for reposting your tribute here, Theresa and that pic of E9 with his wispy feathery head like a halo is darling Wub

Trust the Eagles ... always trust the eagles!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:48 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate