You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Sandy_W (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM EDT  
Sandy_W

Quote by: Suzi59ny

Journi I forgot to add I use paint to paste my scaps and then save them as jpg's in the folder I created and btw you don't have to resize them according to mods the forum automatically does it for you! Bash computer

Thanks, Suzi on the resizing info. I totally missed the instructions about the forum taking care of this. I get to take out one step. Yay!

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Kathy M. (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 12:07 PM EDT  
Kathy M.

Quote by: Blonde4938

Has anyone seen m15 today? I haven't seen him and hoping he is OK. Puzzled

Yes, he brought a nice big catfish to E9 for brunch and both he and Harriet were in the nest tree at the same time.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking...

Forum

Central Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM EDT  
Journi

Thanks you guys for the info about getting screen shots into my computer. I have Window's 8 on my PC. I'm going to work on this later tonight since I need to learn more about how to use Adobe Light Room for my digital photos. I'm so use to using film and I've been afraid to learn all of this digital stuff, but after watching a lesson from Art Wolfe (a fellow Seattle native), using digital gives us so much more options for taking great shots!

Also....Summer ...your post on the other forum was great! (SummerShadow on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 11:05 AM EDT) Well said and I agree with your thoughts! (your thoughts about what happened yesterday about that boy chasing E9.)

I want you guys to know that I do not judge others thoughts and feelings. I am a firm believer that everyone has the right to feel their feelings and to respect them. Yes, every being is different, but in the end we're all the same. For me love is the key.Red Heart...to peace, freedom and happiness.Sitting eagle

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Journi (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 12:30 PM EDT  
Journi

Click on image to download
E9 being fed morning of 3/24/17
Okay.....did this work? TESTING!

IT WORKED! Thanks you guys for all your help! Now, can I remember just what I did! I need some Mug of coffee...and a scone!
I WAS going to wait until tonight to try this...but as E9 would do: Just trust my wings...I CAN DO IT! Learn something new everyday don't we E9! Red Heart

(Okay, I see that my tool bar showed up in this screen save. Guess I just need to crop this out in Paint Box...? I WILL work on this later since I NEED to learn Light Room right now! Oh, and thank you Mary for your wonderful instructions and the screen shot you included on how to do this. I couldn't find the "Browse" button that was shown in that screen shot that was included in your instructions, so I took a leap of faith and hit "Choose File" and that worked! I then hit the File button and placed 1 between the brackets and then hit Submit and vo-lah...it worked!)

Test without the bottom of my tool kit showing:

Okay...that worked. Not sure why my first shot is showing my PC tool kit . When I went to capture the first SCAP I pressed ctrl + prt sc at the same time. Is there another way to capture a SCAP using any other keys on a PC? I'll keep trying!
Thanks for putting up with my testing!...and for all your help you guys!

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM EDT  
Suzi59ny

YVW Sandy_W When I 1st heard of the 500pixel limit I was like that's too hard since my scaps are all 1920x1080 I use my 32in LCD HD tv as a monitor hooked up to my laptop (my eyes aren't what they used to be) lol then I heard what MaryF said and I was like Yesss no extra step I don't like Win10 still using Win7 here I'm a old timer puter wise I remember WIN3.1 and actually DOS before that haha! Oh look Mom to the rescue Sitting eagle

Forum

Profile     PM

By: JodyKSam (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 12:39 PM EDT  
JodyKSam

So grateful to have bookmarked this new forum for us to chat in -- couldn't find the link!

Congrats, Journi, on your first SCAPs!

Well, our E9 has some food in his belly which is good, he was certainly hungry!

It was amusing to watch him go after mom (I think it was H?) to the point where she went to an adjoining branch because he was nipping at her wings and he nipped at one of her tail feathers as she was leaving! Good behavior in terms of survival when he's on his own.

Wish we had their weather, as it's raining here and no fun when it's raining on one's spring break!!

Trust the Eagles ... always trust the eagles!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Suzi59ny (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM EDT  
Suzi59ny

Well all that pleading squeeing helped Help emo it got Mom down to feed s/he WOW what a spoiled Eaglet lol! I did notice though that it looked like Harriet wanted E9 to be more aggressive and "take" it from her but Mom's da boss and he didn't he must learn that one as Mom will not be there and other Eagles will NOT share heh! Love the little nip on Mom's tail feathers when she was trying to leave Scaps

Forum

Profile     PM

By: JodyKSam (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 12:51 PM EDT  
JodyKSam

Love that last SCAP, Suzi!

Trust the Eagles ... always trust the eagles!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:40 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate