The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Raptors Other than Eagles > Osprey
 Calgary Osprey 2017
 |  Printable Version
By: BET (offline) on Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 01:50 PM EDT  
BET

Jean, I can not recommend any computer

I have 2 Dell XPS computers running Windows 7 Pro. I refused to upgrade to Windows 10. I have had the oldest PC upgraded with a higher quality Graphics card and power supply.

Microsoft in it's drive to force everybody to Windows 10 keeps fussing with auto upgrades and messing with 7. I have a good PC repair man who had to fix my oldest computer and reinstall the windows 7 OS - losing all my software programs. My data is all stored on external hard drives so did not lose any. But it was a pain to reinstall software. A benefit was I did not reinstall a lot of old software programs that I no longer used.

So - I do not recommend a new PC as they only come with windows 10. You would have to buy Retail Windows 7 Professional on line - take it to a PC repair person, remove windows 10 and then install 7.

I have had excellent results from the Dell XPS **00 series - they have one line higher which they call something to do with gaming.

THe EnMax stream has been doing a lot of stalling around the noon hour. It's quit running 3 times as I have composed this response

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 04:22 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Thanks Bet. Had XPS also and it was great and then used W7 until they said it would no longer be supported. Made the BIG mistake - W 10 is terrible.

I kept losing the cam yesterday and haven't looked in much today. I'm heading out to the lake soon. I hope that Dad is alright. fingers crossed

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 04:33 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Checking in at 2.21 I find an LA on the nest. She moves to the middle of the nest and looks around and remains when I leave 6 minutes later. I'm off. Byebye

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM EDT  
BET

3:07

Went to town, Returned to find the stream had stopped about 10minutes after I left. Restarted, had lunch, discovered it had stopped again about 10 minutes after I had restarted it. Restarted again Again stopped. It really is frustrating.

I just restarted again and there are two chicks on the nest, one with a big fish
Click on image to download

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 06:57 PM EDT  
BET

4:53

Several more frozen streams. Just restarted and found all three on the nest waiting the dinner service

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 07:08 PM EDT  
jkr

5:04 pm
Just as I got the camera up all three chicks were on the nest but two of them flew off before I was able to get a screen capture. One is left perched on the river side rim and it looks like probably SR

I have a couple of hours to watch the camera as my grand daughter is at my nieces place for supper Left thumb up

5:08 pm
One of the LA's returned.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM EDT  
BET

5:02

All three chicks went into alarm mode and followed something flying close to the nest.

Another juvenile Osprey, spent a couple of minutes flying near and hovering over the nest

Both LAs took off after him while Senior just stayed standing on the rim and watched

PS Senior undoubtedly stayed to guard her fish which she still has - for at least the last two hours

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 07:12 PM EDT  
jkr

5:10 pm
SR is eating a fish. I didn't notice she had it when I first looked. That is probably why she didn't fly off when the other two did.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:21 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate