Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Raptors Other than Eagles > Osprey
 Calgary Osprey 2017
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, April 27 2017 @ 01:44 PM EDT  
jkr

Fnally I got on here again. I have no luck keeping the forum without being booted off.. So frustrating when an egg was being laid.

I was hoping I had a picture of the two eggs but Mom moved before the screen capture caught it.
Here she is standing over the eggs at 10:33 a.m.
Click on image to download

JD, as per your report at 11:22 a.m. here is Dad standing on the rim before he took off.
I have to agree with you that having an egg coming is what likely made Mom appear so tired this morning. Glad it all worked out and she is more of her usual self now.

11:43 a.m.
Dad just landed again. We can see both eggs clearly now once Mom got up for the COTG. She then flew off.

at 11:45 a.m.
Dad finally checks the eggs after poking about in the nesting next to the bowl....and he settled in.

...and I must leave for the day.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, April 27 2017 @ 01:54 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Thanks Judy for your persistence and scaps. Its great that you got the two eggs Bravo I lost my last post but you covered the Cotg too. I am off now so have a good day everyone!

wave

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: ErnieL (offline) on Thursday, April 27 2017 @ 09:03 PM EDT  
ErnieL

***I thought I had lost the site for good! When I tried to get on this morning I went to my favourites bar to click on the icon as per usual. It had changed. I clicked on it anyway but it wouldn't bring up this forum. It was part of the Hancock Wildlife site which I had never seen before. I spent an hour searching for something I could relate to, nothing!! I had to pick up a friend who just got home from hospital to take him to the drug store so I left. Then as I just came on here I remembered posting a link to the site on my Spokt site and low & behold, it saved my bacon! Here I am & I have the proper icon in favourites as well as the other one.
***My attempt to get in was because I had just seen mommy-O stand up to present a view of the 2nd egg, it was 1144 am and the first time I had seen it. I was hoping for a third egg today to keep them closer together. Hoping it might cut down on the big bully effect in the nest later on.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, April 27 2017 @ 11:31 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Hi Ernie.wave..its good to see you...not much luck for people getting into the Forum these days. I can only get in on my cellphone and it is hard to type on this small keyboard. Sad

As to a third egg there are always two or three days between eggs Ernie....it takes a lot to produce one. Poor mom was falling asleep this morning before laying her second. Mom's first egg was laid at 5.44 pm on Monday April 24. The second came today at 10.31 am so so just 7 hrs. short of 3 full days. (TY Ernie).

At 9.20 pm Mom looks very relaxed on her eggs.
Dad was incubating them when I came back at 8 pm until Mom returned from a break at 8.38 pm. He mated with her and was off. We did not get rain today until it started drizzling around 6 pm but more is expected tomorrow. Good night and Good Luck....I hope that everyone can get into the Forum tomorrow. fingers crossed I'm glad that you made it Ernie. Smile

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, April 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM EDT  
jkr

Friday April 28, 2017

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, April 28 2017 @ 08:29 AM EDT  
jkr

Good morning Calgary

6:29 a.m.
Dad is on the eggs.
The picture speaks for itself this morning.

6:44 a.m.
Eggs were turned and Dad settled in again.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, April 28 2017 @ 09:55 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Morning all....

It's delightful to see two eggs now.....They are a marvel of a pair and sure to keep them warm.
Thank you for the amazing reports.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, April 28 2017 @ 10:02 AM EDT  
jkr

Good morning Carolyn.

7:58 a.m.
Dad is getting a bit antsy and probably wishing Mom would take over. He is up, then down, changes directions, digs in the bowl, pokes around at nesting around the bowl.
Mom hasn't been home since I turned on the camera this morning. She's a smart lady taking a well deserved break after a night on the nest.

8:03 a.m.
Dad flew off leaving the eggs exposed.

8:04 a.m.
Mom arrives home to her eggs. She didn't waste time settling in.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:17 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate