The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Redding, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam (formerly Turtle Bay)
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, April 19 2017 @ 03:59 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Thanks so much Karen!!! It is always an exciting moment to know we have a hatch!!!

Okay, here is a picture I took today(Tuesday 4/18/17 at 4:30pm of Liberty feeding her first eaglet of the 2016-2017 Nesting Season!!! I have no idea what time the eaglet hatched out, I was down there off and on in the afternoon, but this was the first feeding I saw!

Congrats Mama Liberty & Papa Spirit!!!BravoEgg hatch

Keep in mind that our "unstoppable" eagles lost their first clutch of eggs in February when their nest at Riverview collapsed in a wind storm. They moved back to their Turtle Bay nest in mid-February, did nestorations, and eventually laid 2 more eggs in March!!! Despite an extremely challenging year for all of our Wild Animal friends in the Redding area, these two managed to survive and now have their first of 2 hatches!

I didn't think that my love and admiration for these eagles could grow any deeper, but it has!loveSitting eagleSitting eaglelove

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: CA Wildlife (offline) on Wednesday, April 19 2017 @ 11:45 AM EDT  
CA Wildlife

Fantastic news, Terri !!! Thanks for being down there while the camera is down. I'll update the chart when we know how many have hatched.

Gary (Sacramento, CA)
California Wildlife
http://www.flickr.com/photos/encouragement/

Forum

Sacramento Area

Profile Email Website PM

By: Carole (offline) on Wednesday, April 19 2017 @ 11:53 AM EDT  
Carole

Exciting news Terri! Thank you for the update. Such a disappointment about the cam but the silver lining is having Liberty & Spirit back home in their old nest. fingers crossed the cam will come online before fledge. Keep the faith.

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Wednesday, April 19 2017 @ 02:05 PM EDT  
Yolande

What great news, Terri! Thank-you, and Congratulations to all of the Redding eagles supporters. And to Spirit and Liberty, who really are 'unstoppable'!

Look forward to seeing the cam up when it's up - and best to Kit!

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Wednesday, April 19 2017 @ 11:23 PM EDT  
itsgrama

Very HappyWelcomeEgg hatchWay to be there, Terri. Maybe perfect timing for better weather eh? So happy that they are back at the old homestead. Wish they could slow down the water releases, but, doesn't look like that's going to be anytime soon. They seem to be having a hard time keeping the level at 6 to 7 feet from the top.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, April 20 2017 @ 02:30 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

wave Hi Karen, Gary, Carole, Itsgrama & Yolande! Thank you for your well wishes for our newest eaglet!!!

I spent some time down there this morning and I think I may have just missed a switch? I found Spirit on the Family Tree, so he may have just left the nest for his break? He often heads in that direction!

Liberty was in the nest for quite a while! She called out several times, but I never saw Spirit and he never arrived to relieve her while I was there!
She even had to do a few wing stretches in the nest!

Obviously, I could not tell if the other eaglet had hatched out or not from the ground? But, I observed several feedings and it looked like she was only feeding in one direction again today? I also saw her do what looked like an egg roll and a shimmy down on top of an egg? Again, can't say for sure without our trusty Eaglecam! lol!

The Sacramento River releases went up even higher today! They were up to almost 30,000 cfs!!! But, the forecast looks nice & sunny for the next 4-5 days so hopefully they will slow them down next week? We want to get out there so badly to replace those P.O.E. converters so we can get streaming again!!!

Thanks for your patience everyone!!!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, April 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Egg hatchEgg hatch We have both eaglets hatched out now!

I've been able to get down to the nest a few times in the last 3 days since the 1st hatch but don't know for sure when our little #2 hatched out!

Spirit was in the nest with the eaglets this morning and did several feedings like a good Papa! He always has to have a little nibble or two when he is feeding, which cracks me up! I don't see Liberty do that when she is feeding?

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Friday, April 21 2017 @ 10:13 PM EDT  
karenbills

Oh you are so observant, Terri. Congratulations to Liberty and Spirit on two hatches.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:03 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate