Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Redding, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam (formerly Turtle Bay)
 |  Printable Version
By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 07:04 PM EDT  
karenbills

Oh what horrible timing, Terri. Are you back now? What is POE? What does releasing water from the dam have to do with rainfall? Sorry for so many questions.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 10:07 PM EDT  
JudyB

Drat!

And Big hugs

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Sunday, April 16 2017 @ 12:23 AM EDT  
karenbills

I just received this from David:

Karen, Can you please send my apologies for not answering all the emails personally.

Thank you everyone who has reached out to David either personally or through me, his assistant. I've been sending him all the condolences posted in our forums, facebook or emails sent to me.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, April 16 2017 @ 02:33 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Thank you for doing that Karen, I'm sure David feels all of our love for him right now...

Well, we gave it a shot this fine Easter Sunday folks!

We really wanted to be able to watch a hatch this season, so my husband and I headed out there this morning. But, when my husband kayaked out to Eagle Island, he found that it was submerged in 2-3 feet of water! He couldn't even see the vault that contains the converters because the water is so murky! With the releases from Shasta Dam at around 25,000 cfs, it is making it impossible for us to reach the P.O.E.(Power Over Ethernet) Converters that are in an underground vault!

Our mission is to replace the Axis Camera converter, and luckily we do have an extra one on hand! My husband also bought a waterproof box to put the converter in, and a post to attach the waterproof box above ground! So, we are ready to get this done and get our Eaglecam running again!
But, Mother Nature is in charge so we will have to wait it out until the river level recedes a bit. We will be watching the releases from Shasta Dam this week, and if they drop back down to around 10,000 cfs we will give it a shot again!

If anyone knows anymore about the expected releases from Shasta Dam into the Sacramento River this week, please let us know!
Thank you for your patience and understanding...

~Terri

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, April 17 2017 @ 12:00 AM EDT  
karenbills

Well you gave it a good try, Terri. Hope the water levels go down soon. After I made my post I later remembered that POE means Power Over Ethernet as that is what our cams use as well.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: itsgrama (offline) on Monday, April 17 2017 @ 02:52 AM EDT  
itsgrama

phone number for bureau of reclamation at Shasta Dam is 530 275-1554. Explain that you are calling about the water level and releases at the dam, receptionist should transfer you to the guys who manage the water releases. What the guy told me the other day is that they plan to keep releases at 25K if needed to offset the water coming into the lake.http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?sha. This is the link to the site I look at several times a day for Shasta Lake level.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: erikas9999 (offline) on Monday, April 17 2017 @ 03:51 AM EDT  
erikas9999

https://www.facebook.com/Shasta-Lake-273241804440/

they seem to announce levels once a week

itsgrama seems to have what you need tho Wink

Erika

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, April 18 2017 @ 12:54 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Thanks itsgrama and erika for those reports!Bravo

We have such a great TEAM here! Thank you one and all for being a part of this great journey with our Redding Eagles!

From my observations down at the nest yesterday evening(5-7pm) and twice today, I don't believe we have a hatch quite yet?

I did not observe any feeding behaviors or food being brought in while I was there yesterday or today. I also did not observe Liberty or Spirit looking down and tending to a little one. They both did what looked like an egg roll and settled back down a few times while I was observing through my spotting scope.

I did happen to find handsome Spirit perched near the nest right after a Switch with Miss Liberty...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:05 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate