https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam - 2016/17
 |  Printable Version
By: YellowRose0127 (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 04:54 PM EDT  
YellowRose0127

Hey Philjo56France, great to "see" you. I know our Ozzie has mighty wings big enough to cover all our "babies" and he does. I am so looking forward to the new nesting season-October 1st is fast approaching.

Paula H.
"The Eagle soared, and its flight said all it needed to say."-Robin Green

Forum

Gambrills, Maryland

Profile Email   PM

By: DinkeyCreekgrl (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 04:55 PM EDT  
DinkeyCreekgrl

Quote by: Pascale

Well my friends here we are !
this is a capture of the SWFEC facebook page as I know some of us do not have access to it.
We don't have the accurate schedule I guess we'll have to be glued to our computers the whole day Smile
A lot of juvies (or maybe alway the same Wink) have been seen flying through the pasture. Though it's impossible to say if it's our e9 or not..
But for sure remains so much in our hearts Red HeartCloud 9

All I could think about when I saw this picture of the nest on FB was, "God bless you Eggbert Wilson Fifteen. I feel comfort knowing you are a part of the nest, (hoping Mom and Dad left you there with proper coverings of fresh grasses and moss now!) and that E9's nestmate will remain permanently, until you decide your time is done. Your energy will love and protect and comfort your new siblings, and all of us, just knowing you are there." It suddenly got even more real seeing the nest from this view and perspective didn't it? Smile Egg hatch

My last daytime SCAP of EWF, May 22 @ 9:58am nest time.

Click on image to download

Cyn

"I know that love is seeing, all the infinite in one. In the brotherhood of creatures, through The Father, through The Son." ~ John Denver

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 05:09 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

Hello everyone. I visited the nest today. Harriet & M15 continue to strengthen their bond to each other adding grasses and sticks to the nest, vocalizing & preening together and in the guise of mating. Mated bald eagle pairs renew and strengthen their bond to each other with each new season throughout their lifetime together. The female shows dominance at times because she needs the male to be there for her and their offspring providing food and protection. M15 is starting his 3rd year as a great protector and provider. Ozzie is remembered on this 2nd year anniversary of his passing as a great mate and provider too.

A Strong Nest & Bond~More Sticks, Grasses & Bonding 09-29-17

Video Camera VIDEO: https://youtu.be/KEpBra-DTss

bonding in the guise of mating

M15 adds a nice sized long stick

Harriet standing on the strong crib rails

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Debbie (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 08:56 PM EDT  
Debbie

Quote by: wskrsnwings

Hello everyone. I visited the nest today. Harriet & M15 continue to strengthen their bond to each other adding grasses and sticks to the nest, vocalizing & preening together and in the guise of mating. Mated bald eagle pairs renew and strengthen their bond to each other with each new season throughout their lifetime together. The female shows dominance at times because she needs the male to be there for her and their offspring providing food and protection. M15 is starting his 3rd year as a great protector and provider. Ozzie is remembered on this 2nd year anniversary of his passing as a great mate and provider too.

A Strong Nest & Bond~More Sticks, Grasses & Bonding 09-29-17

Video Camera VIDEO: https://youtu.be/KEpBra-DTss

bonding in the guise of mating

M15 adds a nice sized long stick

Harriet standing on the strong crib rails

Thank you so much for your videos and love of this family. You have taught me a lot and you are a wonderful person who cares about H, M, and my first eagle E9. I fell in love the moment I saw him and what a journey he gave us.
So looking forward to this season and hope to be at the nest in Feb or early March.

aka Debbo
Ypsilanti, Michigan

Forum

Profile     PM

By: NestFriend (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 10:51 PM EDT  
NestFriend

Credit: SWFEC - 9/27/17 - Sneak Preview!!! Don't Panic

Vicki, awesome video and pictures as always. Many thanks!

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

AKA: Mimi

Forum

Profile     PM

By: NestFriend (offline) on Saturday, September 30 2017 @ 02:05 AM EDT  
NestFriend

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

AKA: Mimi

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Philjo56France (offline) on Saturday, September 30 2017 @ 02:25 AM EDT  
Philjo56France

E9's Book 2016-2017 1/4

Good morning all,
Impossible to connect my computer to "http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html"
I suppose many things are going to change soon
So before, today, for may be the last time in this SW Florida Eagle Cam - 2016/17 thread, i will be a little bit longer.

Sorry for that MaryF...

So, just a little return in our past.
After a little recap of E9's nest this season, i share two (poem and song) i found here and that say all i feel about our little, strong and beautiful E9.

Quote by: MaryF

2016/17 nest stats ~~
* Cams on -- September 25, 2016
* Eggs laid -- Egg #1 - November 22, 5:03 PM ~~ Egg# 2 - November 25th, 6:13 PM
* Eggs hatched -- - Egg #2 hatched December 31st at 7:33 AM. Unfortunately our egg #1 has proven to be unviable and did not hatch.
* Branching -- March 6th at 6:29 AM
* Fledged -- Our E9 accidentally fledged on March 14th at 7:22 AM when he slipped on the edge of the nest and fell. So far he is fine. It is our earliest fledge since we have had a cam here.
* Last seen -- May 2 at a little after 10 AM

Thank YouMerci MaryF, and all Mods i contacted during this almost past year and Bravo for your help.

Red Heart E9Sitting eagle Cry

* E9holic.Please do not try to heal me of my addiction . 14 months old.
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. Bev Shofstall of Free Again Wildlife Rehabilitation
RIP 2018: Harrison Bay (Tn) Eloise First Lady 01/14. Dollywood Eleanor(“Ellie”) 01/17. Old Creek Town Park in Eufaula (Al) Eaglet 02/04. Berry Collège Eaglet 02/22, Stevie osprey (Aus), Dale Hollow 03/06-07 DH4

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Philjo56France (offline) on Saturday, September 30 2017 @ 02:27 AM EDT  
Philjo56France

E9's Book 2016-2017 2/4

Then, the beautiful poem written by MinnaNH 2017-05-07, Thank You MinnaNH !

II: By: MinnaNH (offline) on Sunday, May 07 2017 @ 07:19 PM CEST

Quote by: MinnaNH

Hello fellow eagleholics on this sad happy day. I'm so comforted by all of your heartfelt comments, stories and poems. As I've also tried to put my E9 feelings into words, I'd humbly like to share my (somewhat corny!) poem for you.

There's a magnificent eagle we know as E9, he lived with his parents high up in a pine
We gazed as he pipped from a secret bird cam, not knowing we watched he soon acted the ham
He hatched from an egg and he bobbled his head, way up in his nest it is such a nice bed!
He cradled his sib, sadly never to thrive, in E9's heart Eggbert's soul stays alive
His parents adoring, served lots of fat fish, "I can't wait to fly high!" was always his wish
He slept in his nest with his foot sticking out, got too close to the edge, we all shouted, "Look out!"
He once took a nap with a fish as his pillow, and we all fell in love with this fuzzy young fellow
He grew like a weed and got stronger each day, soon hopping to branches in such a brave way
Flapping his wings he held on the bough tight, then one day he fell, oh what a fright!
In true eagle fashion he gained his composure, was gone for two days but returned like a soldier
He ran down the road with his pantaloons high, "Thank goodness he's safe!" we all said with a sigh
His parents taught lessons all eagles should know, great love for their E9 M and Harriet would show
He learned how to mantle, to preen and to feak, he stole fish from his dad, oh! what a sneak
He ate possum and squirrel and even a rabbit, but unzip armored catfish? Mom, you have at it!
He learned how to fly and then learned how to soar, he startled pond ducks as he skimmed on the shore
When he bathed in the water and danced in the rain, we admired in awe, our lives never the same
Each day we sat glued just observing him grow, worldwide we logged on so to view E9's show
A handsome young eagle he now had become, smart and courageous, a wonderful son
His confidence grew as he further explored, now independent, "Don't go far!" we implored
We knew in our hearts that the time would soon come, when he'd leave our lives and fly off toward the sun
Nature has goals we don't quite understand, but it's meant to be, it is part of God's plan
Then came the day E9 rose to the sky, please don't be sad, please don't you cry
High into the clouds, we then heard him squee, "I have learned from great parents, don't worry about me
I'll have a grand life, and I love you the best, you've been such good humans, now go get some rest!"

My dearest E9, I thank you for all that you've taught me; I wish you Godspeed in your new journey.
You are safe with the love of many.

Red Heart E9Sitting eagle Cry

* E9holic.Please do not try to heal me of my addiction . 14 months old.
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. Bev Shofstall of Free Again Wildlife Rehabilitation
RIP 2018: Harrison Bay (Tn) Eloise First Lady 01/14. Dollywood Eleanor(“Ellie”) 01/17. Old Creek Town Park in Eufaula (Al) Eaglet 02/04. Berry Collège Eaglet 02/22, Stevie osprey (Aus), Dale Hollow 03/06-07 DH4

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:46 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate