The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam - 2016/17
 |  Printable Version
By: Sheela-kah (offline) on Thursday, September 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM EDT  
Sheela-kah

Quote by: wskrsnwings

wave You are welcome, rainna4, Journi, KitKat11848, NestFriend and Chris Reid.

hugs, wskrsnwings

I also want to thank you Vicki, for being there, doing what you do, and just being YOU.
Last January I suddenly lost my mom... my best friend, for whom I'd become her everything, 24/7 for 8 years. Not knowing what to do when I woke up each day, after so many years of following a detailed daily schedule, (and 6 years before that with my dad), I somehow stumbled on this site while having my morning coffee. This site, little E9 and you quickly became a reason to get up and start a new day. Your morning videos and the soothing, motherly sound of your voice, transported me back to the days of my children watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood each day with breakfast. No matter what reality or circumstances surrounded us, his calm, soothing voice and simple message of inclusion, respect, love and caring, guided not only our days but also our priorities in life. I'm sure you wouldn't agree, but your voice and words of love, honor and acceptance of Nature's gifts and teachings, gently guided me through my grief, and inspired me to want to feel the wind beneath my own wings again. This summer, after 14 years of social isolation while caregiving, I have begun to reconnect with old friends, made new ones, gotten to know my neighbors, and took a position as a Community Advocate. But most important, I spend at least an hour or so daily in the forests, meadows or seaside, quietly watching and listening to the teachings of nature...and hearing your vioce. I just wanted you to know, however unwittingly, your presence in this world is important...because God works in mysterious ways.

The creature most loved by the Great Spirit was the eagle, for he tells the story of life. The eagle feather has two sides…this represents balance of all that i
Forum

Profile     PM

By: rainna4 (offline) on Thursday, September 28 2017 @ 12:10 PM EDT  
rainna4

Sheila-Kah, your so beautiful and your spirit has a star in the universe for us all to look upon. Thank you for putting into words so beautifully how you walked the final path with your parents. Your words have captured how so many of us feel toward wskrnwings and what is even more special is she never set out to be a beacon for so many of us and yet here she is a person we all look forward to starting our daily lives with..... Yes God has a plan for us all, how amazing this much beloved Eagle family has unlimited open arms for us. Nothing better then to feel accepted and loved by a single common bond.....gifts daily Red Heart
Rainna

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
author unknown
AKA: Sandy D

Forum

Wisconsin

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Thursday, September 28 2017 @ 02:10 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

Thank You Sheela-kah for your kind words. I am so happy that I have made your days brighter and whole again. God bless you for being such a faithful caregiver to your mom and dad.

Thank You to all of you for "joining" me at the nest when I visit. I love being there, watching and learning from this amazing eagle family. And I love being able to share what I see with all of you.

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Thursday, September 28 2017 @ 02:15 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

Hello everyone. I am posting the specific links to the videos for Seasons 1-6. These links allow you to view current or past videos at your leisure. Seasons 1-5 are a chronological listing. There are separate tabs at the bottom of each Season's spreadsheet to choose Ground Videos, Cam Videos and the Daily Nest Activity/Nest Notes.
Season 6 is the actual videos as they are posted. A chronological listing for Season 6 will not be available until after the end of the 2017-2018 nesting season. Enjoy.

Season 1 2012-2013 Videos link: http://bit.ly/1wJAphi

Season 2 2013-2014 Videos link: http://bit.ly/1U9p0Av

Season 3 2014-2015 Videos link: http://bit.ly/1FlPEjc

Season 4 2015-2016 Videos link: http://bit.ly/1Nqaxz8

Season 5 2016-2017 Videos link: http://bit.ly/2cSOUcL

Season 6 2017-2018 Videos link: http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/videos.html
Season 6 Videos do not have a spreadsheet listing as the first five seasons do. You can view all the videos for Season 6 in the SWFEC Video library link above using the scroll bar on the right side of the posted videos.

Click on image to download

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: rainna4 (offline) on Thursday, September 28 2017 @ 03:39 PM EDT  
rainna4

Thank you Vicki, off to get my reading glasses ! Really fantastic work and always appreciated. wave
Rainna

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
author unknown
AKA: Sandy D

Forum

Wisconsin

Profile Email   PM

By: Chrispy (offline) on Thursday, September 28 2017 @ 04:41 PM EDT  
Chrispy

Hello everyone. I am posting the specific links to the videos for Seasons 1-6. These links allow you to view current or past videos at your leisure. Seasons 1-5 are a chronological listing. There are separate tabs at the bottom of each Season's spreadsheet to choose Ground Videos, Cam Videos and the Daily Nest Activity/Nest Notes.
Season 6 is the actual videos as they are posted. A chronological listing for Season 6 will not be available until after the end of the 2017-2018 nesting season. Enjoy

Holy eagles Vicki! This is beyond awesome!

Your devotion is very much appreciated
Clapping

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Kathy M. (offline) on Thursday, September 28 2017 @ 09:08 PM EDT  
Kathy M.

Hello everyone. I visited the nest earlier today. Harriet & M15 arrived from the south to the nest at 7:40am. They both added sticks and grasses to the nest for the next hour. Watch for them flying at and grabbing the sticks, and digging and pulling up the grasses with their talons. The cams are back up for the season too.

Video Camera VIDEO: https://youtu.be/KhxWF3rePMI

Late Arrival To Nest~Both Add Sticks And Grasses 09-24-17

M15 pulling up grasses

Harriet adding a stick

Harriet (left) and M15 (right)

These photos are incredible as, of course, your videos! These guys are incredible builders and work so hard! Thanx for bringing them to us. Hope you are doing well.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking...

Forum

Central Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: NestFriend (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 12:07 AM EDT  
NestFriend

Thank you so much Vicki for everything you do. You've given me and everyone here so many great moments watching your awesome videos and listening to your description of what you are seeing and experiencing at the Pines and pastures. You have a beautiful talent to touch people's hearts.

I also want to thank Mary F and Lady Hawk! You are all awesome!

I'm looking forward to season 6 for part 2 of this amazing learning experience that started for me when E9 hatched!

Thank Youall!

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

AKA: Mimi

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:18 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate