Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam - 2016/17
 |  Printable Version
By: eagleslanding (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 08:52 AM EDT  
eagleslanding

Thanks guys for the post-irma pics/ videos. You know who u are. Tried to find u on here so don't know if u are getting this message. Vicki is on here I know. Boy what a wind on your post-irma video vicki, could almost feel the roughness of the storm in that video. Its a video taken right on the tail end of irma where you could feel the rawness of nature and the wrath of irma who had just passed through.Hope all of you who updated us are faring well post irma. God bless H&M in weathering that storm like they did out in nature and all.

Your video brought, Vicki, a edgy feeling as if I was right there feeling a touch of what H&M had gone through.lt had the unsettled feeling that a distubance in the air and land had passed through. As if u were the first person at the full pond , at the tree where mom rests. I don't think that alligator or croc is in the pond anymore. Great emotional first pics after Irma vicki. Hope the nest stays good. Irma broken branches and all.I think the foliage will fill in on the pine nest tree?

Forum

By: DinkeyCreekgrl (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM EDT  
DinkeyCreekgrl

Red Heart Much love and thanks to Vicki for the video at the nest tree, pasture and yonder pond after Irma, before even going to her own home. This had to be so difficult for her on so many levels. Not only is she still grieving the loss of her dear Tom, but to experience such a traumatic event as the hurricane and the damage all around her, her family and friends too. Then to arrive at the pasture, nest tree and yonder pond for the first time without her beloved Tom, after all that, made my heart just ache for her. Words can't express how much I appreciate what you do Vicki. You are still in my prayers daily. I am sure there was some comfort in being there and seeing for yourself what happened, but I could also just feel the tug on your heart. So many thanks to you.

I also wanted to give a shout out to Mike Cecil for the video of Harriet and M15's return to the nest! Wow...I literally cried through the whole video I was so happy to see them. Prayers answered for sure!!! Thanks to who ever found that and posted it here! Thank You

And Pascale....wow...your letter. Love, love, love. So heartfelt; thank you for sharing that with us. It is hard to imagine that very soon we will be moving on to a new chapter with this family. E9 was the first eaglet I watched and I instantly fell in love with him and this family. You know what they say about your first love. So it is difficult for me to imagine that there will be that same love for another, but I know as soon as I see those eggs, it will happen. But never, ever will I forget our wonderful, quirky, funny, independent, inquisitive, somewhat spoiled, magnificent, bold, strong, beautiful E9. Or the lessons he taught us and the spirit he brought us. Forever my baby...I love you! Cloud 9
Click on image to download

Cyn

"I know that love is seeing, all the infinite in one. In the brotherhood of creatures, through The Father, through The Son." ~ John Denver

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jackie Brown (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 01:07 PM EDT  
Jackie Brown

eaglelanding-Hope the nest stays good. Irma broken branches and all.I think the foliage will fill in on the pine nest tree?

Not sure about the neat tree pine.... but where I live pine trees do not regrow their foliage.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 04:54 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

Hello everyone. I visited the nest this morning Harriet and M15 continue preparing the nest for the new nesting season. M added the first stick at 7 AM and the last at 8:30 AM. Both added sticks to the nest, placing them together at times with beaking (placement discussions) and kisses.

Video Camera VIDEO: https://youtu.be/KddvJ_E14NM

Teamwork~Harriet & M15 Add 12 Sticks In 90 Minutes 09-15-17

Harriet adds a stick

M15 kisses Harriet

M15 adds a stick

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: rainna4 (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 05:58 PM EDT  
rainna4

Thank you so much Wskrsnwings ! Thrilled to know your at the nest and all is as it should be with Harriet and M15 going about business as usual for our new season. Just can't seem to stop smiling at both your video and the precious Eagles! Thank you again, now back to watching your video......

Rainna

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
author unknown
AKA: Sandy D

Forum

Wisconsin

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 06:22 PM EDT  
Journi

Thank YouVicki for today's wonderful video! Amazing to watch H&M gathering sticks and building their nest! Sitting eagle

You are in my thoughts and prayers....Big hugs

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: NestFriend (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 06:26 PM EDT  
NestFriend

Thank you Vicki. Love to hear your voice again! Video and pictures are just awesome! The nest looks fuller already and that is a blessing!

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

AKA: Mimi

Forum

Profile     PM

By: DinkeyCreekgrl (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 09:24 PM EDT  
DinkeyCreekgrl

Thank you so much Vicki! So great to hear your voice and see our eagles through your lens and heart again! It was a really nice way to spend some time relaxing and centering today and I really appreciate what a gift you are and you bring to us all! Thank You You continue to bring sunshine to a sometimes gloomy world. Sunny You remain in my thoughts and prayers...I know this can't be easy for you, but I also know it must be comforting for you in many ways too.

Cyn

"I know that love is seeing, all the infinite in one. In the brotherhood of creatures, through The Father, through The Son." ~ John Denver

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 12:20 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate