Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 - 2017 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 08:53 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

I just saw this ! It sounds very exciting !

Thank you so much David and gemini for posting this and opening a thread for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16kPWDi ... 64AAFA7343

Hancock here: wow -- Vancouver is going into birding history next year. THe International Ornithological Congress is holding its meeting here and it is expected that 2000 bird biologists and 30,000 people from the public will attend. Hancock Wildlife Foundation will be involved in many ways. First, we are sponsoring Dr. David Birds daily news letter -- printed and e-version of the days highlights. We met with them yesterday and they are going to support our proposal (led by Myles) of Surrey-Delta being declared the "Raptor Capital of Canada" (maybe "Birds of Prey Capital of Canada"!!! -- so we are not confused with the dinosaur afficinados!) -- the hopefully road signs proclaiming this. We will probably be listed, along with Fraser River Safari Tours, as hosting a number of birding tours through the fall season -- in our case to eagle nests and concentrations. A downer is that during the August 6 day event all the eagles will be in the north.

In any case you will hear more about this as we get closer. If any of you see other references to this IOC meeting please repost here.

Thanks
david hancock

Here is the link

forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=1032159

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Heather L (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 09:55 PM EDT  
Heather L

eagle calling

Forum

Fort St John British
Columbia

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 10:16 PM EDT  
Darlene

Hi Heather. That eagle call sounded really close but I couldn't find an eagle on either cam. Great to hear one so close though. Maybe in the tree above the cam!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Heather L (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 10:18 PM EDT  
Heather L

WOW Bev!Don't Panic Having the International Ornithological Congress conference in Vancouver is an accolade to the Hancock Wildlife Foundation , I will read all about it as soon as i'm feeling better. Got the flu and going down hill fast Cry Crazy weather right now, the eagles. I would imagine are holding on tightWindy - hold on Thanks for Zooming around Darlene Good night

Forum

Fort St John British
Columbia

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 10:22 PM EDT  
Darlene

Quote by: Heather L

WOW Bev!Don't Panic Having the International Ornithological Congress conference in Vancouver is an accolade to the Hancock Wildlife Foundation , I will read all about it as soon as i'm feeling better. Got the flu and going down hill fast Cry Crazy weather right now, the eagles. I would imagine are holding on tightWindy - hold on Thanks for Zooming around Darlene Good night

Goodnight Heather. Take care!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 10:38 PM EDT  
Darlene

8:54 and 8:57 again eagles calling close to the nest. I tried on both cams to find them and couldn't!

Eagle calling

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, September 30 2017 @ 02:03 AM EDT  
karenbills

Quote by: IrishEyes

I just saw this ! It sounds very exciting !

Thank you so much David and gemini for posting this and opening a thread for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16kPWDi ... 64AAFA7343

Hancock here: wow -- Vancouver is going into birding history next year. THe International Ornithological Congress is holding its meeting here and it is expected that 2000 bird biologists and 30,000 people from the public will attend. Hancock Wildlife Foundation will be involved in many ways. First, we are sponsoring Dr. David Birds daily news letter -- printed and e-version of the days highlights. We met with them yesterday and they are going to support our proposal (led by Myles) of Surrey-Delta being declared the "Raptor Capital of Canada" (maybe "Birds of Prey Capital of Canada"!!! -- so we are not confused with the dinosaur afficinados!) -- the hopefully road signs proclaiming this. We will probably be listed, along with Fraser River Safari Tours, as hosting a number of birding tours through the fall season -- in our case to eagle nests and concentrations. A downer is that during the August 6 day event all the eagles will be in the north.

In any case you will hear more about this as we get closer. If any of you see other references to this IOC meeting please repost here.

Thanks
david hancock

Here is the link

forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=1032159

Sorry, but this is mainly for 'birders'. It has nothing to do with eagles. Totally wrong time of year for that. Harrison Mills is already the 'Bald Eagle Capital of the World'.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: nightowl (offline) on Saturday, September 30 2017 @ 03:01 AM EDT  
nightowl

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2017

Byebye

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:11 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate