Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 - 2017 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 10:10 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

Sorry Heather I am not sure ! Usually this time of year the water on the flats is low and that could have been seagulls yesterday that I saw while zooming or some other waterfowl...?ducks .I don't know !

THe Honeycombs and all the eagles from this area head north towards northern BC and Alaska ... they will stay around the coast and rivers where salmon starts to spawn..... as soon as the spawning occurs father south the eagles will follow those fish so they can feed of them............ the eagles will arrive back here at Harrison Mills..sometime around late September into October.......

The Harrison Mills area where the Honeycombs nest..... is noted for its abundance of spawning fish from late October into December........ and what is so breathtaking is that thousands of eagles from all over have been seen during this time...and they usually stay around until the fish are gone ,they will then move on to their own territories and nesting areas.

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Heather L (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM EDT  
Heather L

Quote by: IrishEyes

Sorry Heather I am not sure ! Usually this time of year the water on the flats is low and that could have been seagulls yesterday that I saw while zooming or some other waterfowl...?ducks .I don't know !

Thanks Bev, The birds on the sandbar looked all white to me. Just curious if it is usual for there to be lots of seagulls this time of the year, right now I have to go let my ducks out of their shed , I'm late they won't be happy with me

Forum

Fort St John British
Columbia

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 10:24 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: Heather L

I saw a bird just now but not sure if it was an eagle at 7:04 flew from right to left to trees

I saw that also and I thought I saw a white tail .Maybe it was the eagle we heard earlier ! Smile
'Click on image to download
Click on image to download

Added
You are welcome Heather and you could be right .....we do have many seagulls on the flats also !

7:36am
Quiet now .Cam is on the nest

7:39am
Have to step away !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 10:54 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

7:53am
Going to take another look around !

7:54am
Small bird flying over the flats
8:01am
I zoomed all around.....It is quiet ......cloudy and overcast ! No eagles seen !

8:02am
Cam is on the nest

Have to go........I am off the NPTZ Cam .........

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Heather L (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 11:23 AM EDT  
Heather L

Hi Bev. Got back and saw you were having another look around . I was looking at nest and listening , noticed a little nuthatch flitting in and out of the nest , very quick so hard to get a good pic Click on image to download
Made me think of the mouse and if it is still around and crazy it would climb 175 ft up a tree. Glad to see more rain in the forecast. Have a great day.

Forum

Fort St John British
Columbia

Profile Email   PM

By: Liz (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 11:44 AM EDT  
Liz

Quote by: IrishEyes

Quote by: Liz

Good afternoon everyone. Welcome back Bev! Im not seeing or hearing any eagles at the moment, would the ones you guys have seen and heard be other eagles in the area than Ma and possibly Pa? I know cpl nests have started early with nestorations, would Ma come earlier, I have seen she/they come back around 10/8.. I also cant get full screen" ? My browser is up to date...Thank you

HI and thanks Liz...... Anything is possible but we don't know who those eagles were... and they could be eagles returning from the salmon runs up north...... the only true ID is when the Honeycombs come to the nest Smile

I posted this earlier today

THe Honeycombs and all the eagles from this area head north towards northern BC and Alaska ... they will stay around the coast and rivers where salmon starts to spawn..... as soon as the spawning occurs father south the eagles will follow those fish so they can feed of them............ the eagles will arrive back here at Harrison Mills..sometime around late September into October.......

The Harrison Mills area where the Honeycombs nest..... is noted for its abundance of spawning fish from late October into December........ and what is so breathtaking is that thousands of eagles from all over have been seen during this time...and they usually stay around until the fish are gone ,they will then move on to their own territories and nesting areas.

ADDED

Hi and thanks Gail for zooming !

Hi Bev. Thank you! Looking forward to seeing Ma an ? Praying for Pa's return! Have a good day everyone Smile

Forum

Southeast,Pennsylvania

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 12:57 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

9:55am
You are welcome Heather and Liz and thanks Darlene for zooming on the S Cam !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Friday, September 29 2017 @ 01:01 PM EDT  
Darlene

10:00 I just took a good look around on the south cam and there was no sign of eagles. Pretty foggy today for spotting them though.

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:39 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate