https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 - 2017 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: Jean (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM EDT  
Jean

8:57am................... wave Good morning HM friends! Karen Bills has asked me to make a post to let you all know that David and crew are going to be cleaning the Delta2 cams this morning! They are leaving David's house right now and heading out that way..........hopefully we should see them there anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour from now!

This is a great time for members to watch what happens while our eagles are away! Hope to see some of you there!

Delta Cams:

index.php?topic=Delta2#overhead

Delta2 Discussion Forum:

forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=705776&lastpost=true#1025465

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:05 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

9:02am
Hi Marg and Jean...... and thanks Jean for letting us know about the Cam Maintenance at Delta 2 ..... I will try to watch there if I can.......

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thank you, Jean and Bev - and good morning, everyone!

I know many of you are also supporting Delta 2 - and I think you all for that! And for those who haven't made a donation yet - now is a great time to do that!

Camera Cleaning at Delta 2

Today's the day! David Hancock and his team are planning to arrive at the nest site at around 9:30 this morning (Pacific time), and we'll be able to watch while they clean the cams to get ready for the return of the eagles in another month or so - archive.hancockwildlife.org/index.php?topic=Delta2.

And we need your help - please help us document the visit to the nest by posting your observations, screenshots and videos here - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=1025415#1025415.

We also need your financial support.

As you may know, Delta 2 was our first viewer-sponsored nest - and we need your help to keep the cam streaming for another year. Big thanks to those who contributed to our initial matching drive, and to those who have pre-adopted Delta 2 for the 2017-2018 nesting season:

We raised $3000 in our earlier matching drive towards the $5000 needed to sponsor this nest for the next year, and I have great news -

Up to $1000 in new donations this month will matched!

There are several ways to donate -

• CanadaHelps is the easiest way to donate to HWF - you can learn more about them here.

• PayPal also works, though it doesn't have the easy option for monthly donations that CanadaHelps has.

• You can adopt Delta 2 (or the HWF nest of your choice) for a $250 donation - read more here - or just click the CanadaHelps button above, make your donation, and use the "notes" section to let us know which nest (or nests) you are adopting, and how you'd like your name listed.

• We are also trying something new - adoption on the installment plan! Donate $50/month for 5 months starting today, and you'll be able to adopt a nest by the end of the year (or as a holiday present - see the link above)! Just let Karen know your donation is the first installment towards adoption (karen@hancockwildlife.org) - and if your initial installment is made in August, it will be eligible for the matching drive!

• You can join our monthly donor program - more info here.

• There's general information about donating, and other ways to donate, here.

Delta 2 is an interesting nest with an interesting story - as many of you know, Ma Delta suffered a serious injury to one of her legs a few years ago, probably in a territorial battle with another eagle - and she now seems almost completely recovered from what definitely appeared to be a broken leg.

And - this is a cam that lets you focus in on tiny chicks (screenshot courtesy of Windsong and clicks larger):

And also, thanks to our great zooming team, the cam also lets us watch the adults on a variety of perches a l-o-n-g way from the nest (screenshot courtesy of schoenly and clicks much larger):

We need your time and/or money to keep this camera streaming. Please help us post observations today - and now and then during the next month or so while we wait for the eagles to return (we sometimes get interesting visitors!). If you're interested in becoming a zoomer, please let Jean or me know. And if you can, please use the Canada Helps button above or the "continue the cuteness" button in my signature to help us with the ongoing expenses and the extra costs like the new router we just needed.

Thank you - and Enjoy!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM EDT  
karenbills

For those who missed the cam work today at Delta 2, the coverage starts here:

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=1025477#1025477

You will see David working on a bed of greens that he plans to use in the HM nest. He had time to do that while Myles was up on the Delta 2 nest. I wish I could give you a date when we will be at HM to do the cam work there but we are still trying to find a tree climber and it will depend on what date he is available. So please stay tuned.

However I can tell you that the lift we need for the White Rock nest tree will be delivered tomorrow evening. That means that we will be going back to White Rock on Wednesday to do the work on the current nest cam and rebuild that nest that got so beaten down by the two eaglets before they fledged. .

Thanks, Jean, for posting the announcement this morning that I forgot to do before I left home.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, August 29 2017 @ 12:07 AM EDT  
karenbills

Bev - I promised to give you an idea of the salmon count when I heard anything. Here's what the Harrison Fisheries Authority said today:

Peak fall returns are still a month away. Our top predators are good at staying close to food. So far sockeye runs have been abysmal but we are optimistic about modest pink and chum returns cross our fingers.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, August 29 2017 @ 02:53 AM EDT  
nightowl

TUESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2017

Byebye

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: AnneP (offline) on Tuesday, August 29 2017 @ 07:30 AM EDT  
AnneP

Good morning all.
Thanks Karen for the link to yesterdays cam work - I didn't get to watch at the time.

BBL

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, August 29 2017 @ 08:42 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: karenbills

Bev - I promised to give you an idea of the salmon count when I heard anything. Here's what the Harrison Fisheries Authority said today:

Peak fall returns are still a month away. Our top predators are good at staying close to food. So far sockeye runs have been abysmal but we are optimistic about modest pink and chum returns cross our fingers.

Thanks Karen for the update !

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:49 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate