Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 - 2017 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, August 21 2017 @ 02:07 AM EDT  
karenbills

I just saw on CBC's late news pics of the forest fire, Heather. It can be seen from the beach at Harrison Hot Springs. Fortunately for our HM nest site, it is on the east side of the lake so quite far enough away that it would not become a thread to the Harrison Mills area. However it is the first fire that is close enough to actually be seen from an area here in the Lower Mainland. There has been no lightning so they say that means it probably was human caused.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, August 21 2017 @ 02:52 AM EDT  
nightowl

MONDAY, AUGUST 21, 2017

Byebye

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, August 21 2017 @ 05:32 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

Good Morning H Mills and everyone ! and thanks nightowl for starting our day here !hug

Weather Report
Click on image to download

2:23am
Quiet at the nest except for a train whistle I am hearing Smile

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: AnneP (offline) on Monday, August 21 2017 @ 08:12 AM EDT  
AnneP

Good morning everyone. wave

As expected all is quiet on the poor needing repair nest.
Hope everybody has a good day and get to see the eclipse today!
I'll try to check in again later today.

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile     PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, August 21 2017 @ 01:37 PM EDT  
karenbills

Just a warning for anyone planning to watch the eclipse today if you think you can see anything at all without those special glasses. Here in the Vancouver area it was supposed to be close to 90% totality. The time has now passed and I would never have known there was an eclipse going on if it had not been hyped so much. It was still quite bright outside. Only inside my house did it seem a bit darker maybe. Since I did not have the glasses I did what they said to do on TV and punched a couple of pin holes and even a larger hole and held it up to the sun. Then I went outside and tried to view it that way by projecting the eclipse onto the second page like they showed on TV. Nothing!! So unless you are in the path of totality don't even bother if you don't have the glasses. It will be a big disappointment and to think I talked David Hancock out of doing the White Rock cams today because I thought it was going to get dark, not total dark, but dark like around dusk. Ha!

Does this look like what you thought an almost total eclipse would look to you?

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: stim (offline) on Monday, August 21 2017 @ 03:12 PM EDT  
stim

I watched the eclipse on the internet, CBC, and knowing what was going on when, found the sun's effect to get duller. Birds here did stop chirping as apparently they do! David and I agreed the light was eerie, not the normal sunsetting getting darker kind of effect. The blue in the sky was duller but sun's effect is back to it's full on normal brilliance now. We look out onto a lot of open space, trees, few buildings.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Nana2 (offline) on Monday, August 21 2017 @ 03:51 PM EDT  
Nana2

Good afternoon!! Had my grandson stay with me today to see eclipse. We made a reflection box to use. It just looked like an overcast day. But we did watch live coverage of other cities that had total coverage, that was cool to watch. I have a problem hopefully someone will know what to do. The last couple of days when I try to see live cam I get this on screen "Error loading player No playable services found". I have never had any problems before. On the explore sites I've had to change from Internet Explorer to Chrome. Any ideas?? I am not computer savvy. Thank you in advance. Frustration

Forum

Plant City Florida

Profile Email   PM

By: Liz (offline) on Monday, August 21 2017 @ 03:55 PM EDT  
Liz

Hi everyone Hope everyone was able to see a partial or full eclipse, clouds were passing over ours in Pa, gmorrris did you see anything in your Pa neck f the woods? I miss Divot n Bunker squeeing chattering whistling!! Precious bundles of feathers they are!! Have a good evening everyone Smile

Forum

Southeast,Pennsylvania

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:21 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate