https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 - 2017 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, July 31 2017 @ 09:03 PM EDT  
JudyB

Wonderful to see Divot back on the nest (thanks for letting me know, Bev!), and to read that he's had food delivered - and to learn that he's not spooked by his experience "down below" but is back out on the branches, where he should be at this stage of his development! Thank you, carolyn, for the lovely poem - and thanks to everyone who observed and zoomed and posted today - we make a great team!

Good night everyone! sleepy

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gmorris (offline) on Monday, July 31 2017 @ 09:13 PM EDT  
gmorris

6:12pm - I am signing off the NPTZ now...thank you for a good day everyone and the dedication you all have to this nest!

Gail Morris

Forum

Southeastern
Pennsylvania

Profile Email   PM

By: SueD (offline) on Monday, July 31 2017 @ 09:17 PM EDT  
SueD

6:14 p.m.: How wonderful to see Divot back from his/her big adventure! Such a smart eaglet. Right after I took this screenshot, Divot flap-hopped to our left on the branch.
Click on image to download

aka byline ~ 2012

Forum

Nova Scotia, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: Helen (offline) on Monday, July 31 2017 @ 09:28 PM EDT  
Helen

Thanks everyone. I just got home and read all of the news on the forums of Divot's return. I'm so glad it was good news. You all work so hard supporting this nest. I really appreciate all your efforts and expertise of running the cams and the screen shots. I would be completely lost without you all. Thanks again.

aka 37lizmac

Forum

Saint Ann, Missouri

Profile Email   PM

By: marjy2u (offline) on Monday, July 31 2017 @ 09:30 PM EDT  
marjy2u

Quote by: Liz

Hoping he stays on branches or in the nest. Is it warm there? Seems like he's panting.

Hi Liz ... yes, it was a warm day here today (I'm only about 75 km west of the nest area). It is currently 29C where I am, according to the weather app on my phone. It is forecast to get much warmer in the nest area - possibly up to 38-39C - in the next 2-3 days. I'm not sure if that includes the "feels like" humidex reading, but it could feel a couple of degrees warmer due to humidity.

Here's the weather forecast for Harrison Mills for the next week (trying to recall how to attach) ... maybe the increasing heat will encourage Divot to fly off down towards the cool river water. Grin

Forum

BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Liz (offline) on Monday, July 31 2017 @ 09:50 PM EDT  
Liz

Quote by: gmorris

Hi Liz. I think it is rather warm there. It is summer, the sun is out and not too much shade in the top of a tall tree! Divot also has his wings slightly open to help cool off. We are into evening here in the east but it is only a little after 5pm in BC. Divot seems happy, though, and relaxed on the branch. A little visit from Mom and Bunker would be nice now but he/s also seems relaxed alone.

Hi Gail had to step away a bit. Yes seems like it is warm there and dont understand their C compared to F in temps unless I look it up lol! Guess he had more shade under the nest lol. Yes its late here almost 10, I still catch myself writing the wrong time on a post Wink He does seem relaxed, Ive seen his talon dangling Smile hoping for Ma or both of them!

Forum

Southeast,Pennsylvania

Profile     PM

By: Liz (offline) on Monday, July 31 2017 @ 09:55 PM EDT  
Liz

Quote by: marjy2u

Quote by: Liz

Hoping he stays on branches or in the nest. Is it warm there? Seems like he's panting.

Hi Liz ... yes, it was a warm day here today (I'm only about 75 km west of the nest area). It is currently 29C where I am, according to the weather app on my phone. It is forecast to get much warmer in the nest area - possibly up to 38-39C - in the next 2-3 days. I'm not sure if that includes the "feels like" humidex reading, but it could feel a couple of degrees warmer due to humidity.

Here's the weather forecast for Harrison Mills for the next week (trying to recall how to attach) ... maybe the increasing heat will encourage Divot to fly off down towards the cool river water. Grin

Hi and thank you! Smile I had to look up the temps to see what they were in Fahrenheit, and WOW thats hot!! like 90-102? And humidity makes it worse yes. Hoping for wind and maybe many fish for the moisture he'll need!

Forum

Southeast,Pennsylvania

Profile     PM

By: Liz (offline) on Monday, July 31 2017 @ 10:08 PM EDT  
Liz

Divot did a decent PS and is hanging out on the ICB

Forum

Southeast,Pennsylvania

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 05:30 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate