The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 - 2017 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, October 14 2016 @ 06:22 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

Friday , October 14 , 2016.

Good Morning Harrison Mills, Michelle, Gail, Judy, Pat and all who watch this nest... Thanks Michelle for stopping in here last night and no worries.. the eagles and all wildlife are smart .. thanks Pat for reporting the cams and the direct access ones are down also.. so i did report those as well.. and i know all about sinuses the same thing happens to me and i agree about the eagles and all wildlife ..

Two articles ..

Do Animals Possess Instinctive Ability to Sense Impending Storms?

Of course it is a different story when there is eggs and /or chicks on the nest.. I watched many nest where eagles (and i am sure you all have also )were covered with snow and /or drenched from the rain incubating their eggs or brooding their chicks.. their 7000+ feathers protect them from all kinds of weather ..

Eagles, Weather, and Feathers!

Weather Report
Click on image to download

Special Weather Statement

I am wondering if there was a power outage at Harrison Mills and maybe Ken can reboot our cams since all the other Hancock cams are streaming .

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, October 14 2016 @ 08:09 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

5:08am
I meant to say it is very early in BC and hoping Ken can reboot the Harrison Mills cams later.. fingers crossed

ADDED

and as i suspected Judy jkr posted this

5:54 a.m.
Yes there is a power outage at Harrison Mills this morning and I would expect more outages at the coast as the storm intensifies.

BC Hydro power outages can be found here: https://www.bchydro.com/power-outages/a ... e-map.html

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, October 14 2016 @ 10:21 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

7:19a
I did check the cams and the embedded and direct access cams are still down.. I suspect BC Hydro is very busy!

Keeping good thoughts for all in the path of this storm !

ADDED
S Embedded cam is streaming.. and of course the South direct access cam is also ..WooHoo Thanks Ken

7:58am

8:02am
Trills in the distance
8:03am
Daylight and Mom's perch is empty facing the CU Flats

I am in on the S PTZ Cam

8:08am
I will leave the S Cam on the nest ... until the N Cam is streaming

One cam is better than none.. Big thanks to you Ken...

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, October 14 2016 @ 11:18 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

8:16am
S Cam switched to daylight

Please post if you are watching.. VON is here to check on me !

Thanks .

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, October 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM EDT  
JudyB

8:45 am
I've had the South cam up for a few minutes, haven't seen anything (and have now remembered to turn on the sound - thank you climber team for giving us sound on both cams! - and haven't heard anything).

I'm busy trying to finish a project so won't post much, but will try to keep an eye on the cam.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, October 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thanks Judy and Thanks.. ... I am back now.
9:02am
It is quiet wind has died down
I took a quick peek out front .It raining and too foggy to see much so i returned the S Cam to the nest !
9:56am
Another peek out front

WOW! Look at those eagles on the flats
9:56a
I also took a quick peek at the trees i didn't see an eagle there... or on the river in front of the single tree .

I am thinking about the N Cam... and i seem to remember that the last time we lost the cams due to a storm the North one was slower to come back.. the timer goes through a cycle and has to catch up... does that make sense ??

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Windsong (offline) on Friday, October 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM EDT  
Windsong

Great links you posted this morning Bev. I especially liked the ones about feathers. Glad to hear cams are back, but we'll see how the weekend goes. This storm sounds pretty intense. Luckily there are no eggs yet, so ma and pa can hunker down wherever they need to. And I think the nest will be fine, that is one granddaddy of a tree and the nest is well placed.

Fly like an eagle, and touch the sky!
AKA PatPetzing.

Forum

Virginia, USA

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, October 14 2016 @ 01:16 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: Windsong

Great links you posted this morning Bev. I especially liked the ones about feathers. Glad to hear cams are back, but we'll see how the weekend goes. This storm sounds pretty intense. Luckily there are no eggs yet, so ma and pa can hunker down wherever they need to. And I think the nest will be fine, that is one granddaddy of a tree and the nest is well placed.

You are welcome Pat ... I agree. .. I am also happy that is very early in the season and we usual don't see eggs on this nest until April ... this is one nasty storm ...

I will repost this

Sandpiper Golf Resort, BC
Sandpiper Golf Resort,BCAlerts in EffectView Full Forecast
ALERTS IN EFFECT
Special Weather Statement

Issued at 04:46 Friday 14 October 2016
The second in a series of storms is currently over the South Coast. Heavy showers will continue with this storm but strong south or southeast winds are the main concern. Wind warnings have already been issued for many South Coast regions with the strongest winds this morning.

The third and potentially most powerful storm will approach the coast late Saturday. This low pressure system will be accompanied by very strong winds and heavy rainfall. Computer weather models are
predicting a range of landfalls Saturday evening anywhere from northwestern Washington State to central Vancouver Island. A worst-case windstorm scenario for the Inner South Coast would be a landfall along central or southern Vancouver Island. However, if the storm makes landfall and tracks over Washington State, the storm would not impact BC nearly as much. As details concerning the precise storm track become clearer, warnings will be issued for multiple regions throughout the next couple of days.

###

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to pacificstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports to #BCStorm.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:09 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate