https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 - 2017 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: gmorris (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 07:54 PM EDT  
gmorris

4:51pm - I will post a couple more scaps and sign off the Sptz now.
Click on image to download
Click on image to downloads

Lots of eagles flying over the flats now! Fun to see them all.

Gail Morris

Forum

Southeastern
Pennsylvania

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 08:10 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

5:04pm
Hi again.. and thanks Gail and Pat .. Thanks for zooming Gail ! Great team work and wonderful coverage of this nest today...makes me Grin to see you all here and so many visiting eagles to enjoy !

5:07pm
The sky is looking ominous and the wind is howling.. nature is amazing .. seeing the trees take on their autumnal coat in many colors !
Click on image to downloadRed Heart

We will be seeing more and more eagles as they return from their northern migration on their way back to their own nests and territories..

I am bringing this forward

Re migration....... THe Honeycombs and all the eagles from this area head north towards northern BC and Alaska ... they will stay around the coast and rivers where salmon starts to spawn..... as soon as the spawning occurs father south the eagles will follow those fish so they can feed of them............ the eagles will arrive back here at Harrison Mills..sometime around late September into October.......

The Harrison Mills area where the Honeycombs nest..... is noted for its abundance of spawning fish from late October into December........ and what is so breathtaking is that thousands of eagles from all over have been seen during this time...and they usually stay around until the fish are gone ,they will then move on to their own territories and nesting areas..

Late November is the when the Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival takes place......i am sure David and Karen will address that.

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: amd (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 08:10 PM EDT  
amd

Thank You Gail for zooming! Each day brings more and more eagles! Really nice scaps Gail and Pat!
Hoping that these storms coming in weaken as they come in. fingers crossed
Hello again Bev, it has been a great day here for all of us, viewing together....
even with the not so optimal weather....the eagles are less affected than us it seems.. Grin

out for a bit...

Michelle

Forum

Calgary, AB Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 08:31 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

5:28pm
I agree Michelle.. This was said by a Mod on another nest that we watch Michelle when Hurricane Matthew was approaching and it is so true ~

Trust the eagles...they are very intuitive and will handle this as well or better than humans will.

That nest lost power during the storm and Yes ! the Eagles were fine and dandy! and so was their nest !Smile

I will return the S Cam to the nest soon and will zoom on the NPTZ ... i too hope we will see Mom and Dad Honeycomb on the nest this evening love

ADDED
Ok Michelle .. see you soon!

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 09:03 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

6:02pm
S Cam is on the nest and I will zoom on the N Cam ..Trills in the distance

6:09pm
No eagles seen here and none on the flats or sandbars ..I suspect they are all hunkered down safe in the trees...
I read that in a storm it is hard to see them ... they move in on the branch close to the trunk .. out of view.. where it is much safer..

6:29pm
Getting dark

6:31pm
I think I will leave the N Cam on Mom+ Dads perch close to the nest .. incase we see a fly in.. S Cam is on the nest

6:35pm

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

6:39pm
AFK for a few mins.. hope someone is watching !
6:42pm
No eagles yet! It is quiet ..except for the wind...!
Weather Alert
6:45pm
Really dark
6:46pm
IR is on .. nest is empty

GoodNight Eagles and Harrison Mills viewers.. thank you for today Michelle, Judy, Gail, Pat , Karen and Yolande ..thinking of you.. and Dan .. hope you are OK hug

6:58pm
Off the N PTZ Cam

Stay safe eagles, all wildlife and humans in the path of this storm.. hug

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: amd (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 11:10 PM EDT  
amd

8 pm -- getting home way later than I had expected....I'm sorry I missed you Bev very embarrassed
I see that it was a quiet evening....wildlife seem to know when the weather is about to change, and
waaaay before it actually arrives. Amazes me!
thank you so much for this evening's reports.....that is a such a strong message about
trusting the eagles! So very true isn't it ?

oh my! the wind is very strong and very loud.
8:08pm

Wishing everyone a good night hug
stay safe Honeycombs, and everyone.

Michelle

Forum

Calgary, AB Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Windsong (offline) on Friday, October 14 2016 @ 05:45 AM EDT  
Windsong

Good morning all Mug of coffee
2:38 am - cams seem to be down. I couldn't connect and when I checked archives on wildearth there was something from 1am, but nothing now. Assume it is the storms. I did report it on Technical thread.

Hope everyone stays safe, sorry that the storm is hitting on the weekend, but maybe it is better, maybe people won't need to travel or get out. fingers crossed

I know when the weather is changing before it does. When pressure fronts change High to Low or Low to High, I feel it in my sinuses. I usually get a headache as my sinuses respond to the air pressure. Some scientist think animals may feel similar kinds of body changes that signal a change in weather. Certainly for them to survive over the years, they need to be able to recognize a storm before it hits and get to a safe spot. Makes sense the eagles would move in on the limb towards the trunk. There would be less flexing movement of the limb closer to the trunk, and a little more coverage/shielding from the leaves/limbs.

hug

Fly like an eagle, and touch the sky!
AKA PatPetzing.

Forum

Virginia, USA

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:09 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate