https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Beulah, Michigan - 2016
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (offline) on Wednesday, March 02 2016 @ 11:18 AM EST  
MaryF

Hi Elaine and Diane! I believe I read something about the Carbon folks doing some work to improve the cam stream. That's probably why the cam is wonky at times. I'm getting that same night time snow storm right now.

Here is that video from the 29th of Feb of the pair that I know Elaine has seen. It's long but I think everybody will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9TvUXTk4Dg

You ladies need to learn how to do a screen capture LOL!! Just kidding!!! Titter Whistling

I'm guessing that this is the nest this morning --

Click on image to download

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Wednesday, March 02 2016 @ 12:00 PM EST  
Grubby

Mary... you are 110% right that we need to learn how to do screen shots. Isn't there a place here on the forum that explains the process? If in that video it was dad like you said who delivered the stick and landed on Ma... then it looks like when they have their wings closed that dad has a little whiter back from the tips of his wings. Plus I think dad's white tail feathers are a bit longer too. See if you can tell from what I told you.

Elaine... have you tried to get people from carbontv to post at the HWF site here?

When You Share Something Nice,
It's Like Having It Twice!

Diane---Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, March 02 2016 @ 12:49 PM EST  
elainemyrkle

Mary~~~Well they still must be tweeking at the cam. I'm getting last night's snow storm again. I've tried doing screen captures in the past but never could get it right. I don't want to try it on my work computer. Maybe I'll see if I can try again over the week-end.

Diane~~~From what I gathered from Linda on CarbonTV is that Mom's tail feathers are indeed darker that Dad's. Also Dad had been banded. try as I might I still can't see the bands (old eyes). I have mention Hancock a few times already in my posts hoping someone might google Hancock.

Edited~~~Now I got the cam back to today. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Carole (offline) on Wednesday, March 02 2016 @ 01:46 PM EST  
Carole

wave Elaine, Diane & Mary

Thank you for the ID info. Unless they are next to each other I have a heck of a time telling them apart.
Dad has a band. Good to know.

Hope you don't mind me popping in once and a while to post pictures. I find the view quite tranquil.

1:40pm . . . Tuned into the cam and found one on the nest. I think it is dad? If so he has a dark dot on the tip of his tail

In the list of HWF helpful hints it will guide you through how to attach screen shots to your posts.
forum/viewtopic.php?topic=5#5

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Wednesday, March 02 2016 @ 04:26 PM EST  
MaryF

Hi cococat---this post has some good close-ups of Mom. She has the black feather in her tail and grayish color around her eyes and sort of an upside down "U" on her neckline. She is a very pretty eagle.--one of us Michigan girls LOL!! I have not seen Dad's bands yet. Smile

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=847989#847989

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Wednesday, March 02 2016 @ 04:32 PM EST  
Grubby

Hello...

Elaine... what I had said was that the tips of the 'wings' are lighter on Dad when he has his 'wings' closed on the top of his back. So that means Ma's tips of her wings are darker when she has her 'wings' closed on her back. Not the 'tail feathers' So from what I gather is that Dad's back is somewhat lighter when his wings are closed. Clear as mud? Wooh hope I got this right!Don't Panic

Cococat... Of course you are more than welcome to post here! Anyone can. I live about 60 miles south of the cam so it is somewhat special to me. Thanks for the link for the screen shots. I always post at Screech Hollow. I have seen your name but can't remember where you 'perch' at.

I will be busy for the next few days. I'll visit when I can

When You Share Something Nice,
It's Like Having It Twice!

Diane---Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, March 02 2016 @ 04:33 PM EST  
elainemyrkle

Hi cococat9 and Mary, wave

I love looking at all the pictures~~~Don't stop taking them. I just tried one on the practice thread, but it didn't come out so I'll just have to keep practicing.Faint

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Wednesday, March 02 2016 @ 04:44 PM EST  
MaryF

We LOVE cococat!!! She and I used to cover a nest in Washington State. Of course she is welcome to pop in here and post any and all of the time Left thumb up no private nests here at HWF!! LOL!! hug

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 01:08 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate