Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Fort St Vrain eagles 2015-2016
 |  Printable Version
By: Carole (offline) on Sunday, April 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM EDT  
Carole

Big hug to Donna, Darlene and everyone that watched this nest.
Such a tragic lost. What a shock when they were doing so well.
Fly free. . .soar high. RIP little ones

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Sunday, April 17 2016 @ 07:59 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

I am so terribly sad, miserable and upset as I also was so hopeful this year....Donna, Darlene, Judy, Litz, my gosh everyone.....words do not come.
.....LIfting you all up in my heart, the poor parents...must be devastated.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: kittycatldy (offline) on Monday, April 18 2016 @ 10:16 AM EDT  
kittycatldy

Hello to all who post here and love this nest Red Heart

I'm sorry I couldn't post here over the weekend, I truly wanted to send out a group hug to all who love this nest.hug....Donna, Judy, Bev, Darlene and every one else.

It's Monday and a new day dawns...Mom and dad were not on the nest last night, but I'm sure they were close. Dad arrived at the nest this morning at 7:09 and mom followed.....they spent a bit of time on the nest, looking around and off they flew. Dad came back in shortly with a branch...followed by mom with some new fresh grass. Over the weekend she brought some in also and placed it in the nestbowl. Now the grass she brought in was placed over the one little one by the rail. sad Life goes on......

They are both very busy this morning with rebuilding.....we are all hopeful and I continue to pray for mom and dad Fort St. Vrain.....love

kit

Pic from this morning, Pa bringing in a stick and placing it. You can see the new grasses in the nest. And also a cross that was formed, I just saw this Red Heart

Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Monday, April 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM EDT  
golden1

Hi Kit, Thanks for the update.

Raptor Resource Project has written an excellent article about this loss. There is much data included.

https://www.facebook.com/RaptorResourceProject/?fref=nf

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, April 18 2016 @ 07:13 PM EDT  
MaryF

wave Hello to all of our wonderful members!!

I'm not sure if all of you are aware that folks here on HWF follow and report on 30 North American eagle nests with cams, our 4 Hancock eagle nests, and over 25 eagles nests without cams that have "ground crews" reporting on them--all this plus threads for osprey, hawks, falcons, albatrosses, pandas, and more !! Left thumb up

We are thrilled that so many of you have chosen our forum to post your observations to help us add to the knowledge base for eagles and other wildlife or just to read about your favorite wildlife - BUT we do need your help to keep the forum going. The server that runs our website and forum (think giant hard drives in a secure place) costs $800/month !!! WOW!! Many of you may have noticed that the forum has been down from time to time because of server issues over the last month. The hours put in by our very dedicated tech person to get us back up and to (knock on wood) solve the biggest problem are an additional cost that may average another $800/month.

A bit of good news - a year ago we only had 3 people donating monthly for a total of $47 - and we now have 18 people donating monthly for a total of $522. But as you can all see we need around $1600/month just to keep the server and the main stuff going, not including the costs for the cams at our four Hancock nests.

If you could do a small monthly donation so that we could count on your help every month that would be wonderful! CanadaHelps makes it easy to set up a monthly donation. Or if a one-time donation would work better for you it can also be done easily with CanadaHelps or PayPal You don't need to be in Canada to use CanadaHelps --Many of our American members-including me- and others use it.

Asking for money is never easy--but we do have a good thing happening here at HWF! We sure could use your help to keep it going. If you can - please help!! Help emo

~ PayPal ~

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Wednesday, July 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM EDT  
golden1

July 20, 2016

I have not checked on the nest much in June or July. But yesterday and today the eagles are at the nest. I have only seen one, I believe Mom, on the nest but the other has landed above
and they have been calling back and forth. It is wonderful to hear them.

Hopefully there will be new cams this next season and the branch will be cut away.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Saturday, September 24 2016 @ 10:22 AM EDT  
golden1

September 24, 2016

Announcement from RRP

Amy Ries and crew have been working all week to replace the cams and improve the equipment at the Fort St Vrain nest. No word yet on when live streaming will occur.

Started a new thread today. It is found here:

forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=911146

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:25 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate