https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2016 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: karenbills (offline) on Wednesday, October 28 2015 @ 11:25 PM EDT  
karenbills

Oh, Terri, your photos of Liberty are just spectacular. Thanks for sharing them with us. I especially love the one where she's taking off and her wings are vertical.

Can't wait to see you at our Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival, only just over three weeks from now.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, October 29 2015 @ 01:52 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Thank You Karen, Jean & yojopro!

Yes, I can't wait to see you guys & all of those wonderful eagles up there at the Frasier Valley Festival!

There have been a few technical issues with the firewall at TB and now with the solar panels, so we are not quite yet ready to LAUNCH the live stream yet!

I did not see Liberty go near her nest at all today, so you didn't miss anything! She was on Christmas Tree and that other Pine Tree near Bluff Branch and then back to Christmas Tree again! She eventually flew west and headed in the direction of the upper Sacramento River.

I didn't see Spirit at all, but I wasn't down there too long today!

I'll keep you posted on the technical issues & we'll be up and running before you know it!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, October 29 2015 @ 01:41 PM EDT  
Jean

Thanks for the update Terri! hug

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: CA Wildlife (offline) on Friday, October 30 2015 @ 04:47 AM EDT  
CA Wildlife

Here is an open call for information from anyone who might have specifics.

The Turtle Bay eaglecam page has a blurb on the history of the local eagles. They claim that the first eaglet(s) was/were fledged during the spring of 2006. I do not have any data for the 2005-2006 nesting season. Additionally, I do not recall my source for data related to the season that followed in 2006-2007.

Does anyone have a source of info on the eagles during the 2005-2006, and/or 2006-2007 seasons? Even one piece of info would do, but I'm looking for anything that is confirmed. Please refer to the nest data chart in the first entry of this year's post for the types of information we collect, or contact me directly.

Additionally, I would like to confirm how the eagles were named in EACH season (I only have a few noted). If you would look at the nest chart linked in the first post of this year's forum, please let me know whether the names came from a public vote, or a private consensus. If the chart denotes an incorrect naming method, then I will change that too.

Thanks!
-Gary

Gary (Sacramento, CA)
California Wildlife
http://www.flickr.com/photos/encouragement/

Forum

Sacramento Area

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, October 30 2015 @ 10:07 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

There was an alarming article in our local paper that warm water conditions in the Sacramento River there have had a huge impact on our Chinook Salmon species... Sad

"For the second year in a row, drought conditions have killed nearly all young winter-run Chinook salmon in the Sacramento River, federal officials said Wednesday.

Higher water temperatures coming out of Shasta and Keswick dams has been fatal to more than 95 percent of the endangered winter-run eggs and recent hatches, an official with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said.

“There is a real risk of extinction for this species. They are real vulnerable to water temperatures,” said Maria Rea, the agency’s assistant regional administrator.

NOAA and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service count young winter-run salmon in the river at Red Bluff as they migrate downstream to the ocean. This year the number of salmon that have been counted is 22 percent lower than at this time last year, she said.

Federal and state officials estimate that 95 percent of the young winter run were killed mainly by higher temperatures in the river, she said."

Here is a photo of Liberty from Wednesday where she looked like she was looking for fishies in the river...

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, October 31 2015 @ 12:40 PM EDT  
karenbills

Hi Terri. Our salmon runs up here have been terrible also. However the eagle numbers are already in the hundreds out on the Chehalis/Harrison estuary flats. By the time you get here in three weeks for the Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival there should be thousands. Talons crossed.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, November 01 2015 @ 03:42 PM EST  
eaglewoman

wave Hi Karen!

I'm sorry to hear that! We all know that everything is connected in nature, so if our salmon are declining, it will have an effect on so many other species, including bald eagles. Sad
I have to tell you that I will be excited to see more than 12 eagles in one place!!! Kit and I are getting excited as we get closer to our visit!

On a bright note, Liberty was spotted again this morning on top of the Christmas Tree at 8am by Sue! I got down there about an hour before that and didn't see anyone so I headed out to Whiskeytown Lake to check on some eagles we watch out that way!

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Sunday, November 01 2015 @ 11:43 PM EST  
karenbills

Hi Terri. Did you get my email I sent you on Thursday?

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:56 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate