Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2016 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: itsgrama (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 12:29 PM EDT  
itsgrama

Thanks for your responses. I would have thought the cams would have been installed already. Isn't there a cut off time for working at the nest? I do hope that they are not going to be stopped.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 12:54 PM EDT  
Jean

Quote by: itsgrama

Thanks for your responses. I would have thought the cams would have been installed already. Isn't there a cut off time for working at the nest? I do hope that they are not going to be stopped.

wave
Hi Itsgrama..........You are most welcome! ....I think the selecting of appropriate cams and accessories, purchasing, arranging a provider etc. has been a very laborious task for our group here and was a much more difficult job than was expected at the beginning of this endeavor. But perseverance and hard work has paid off and we are almost there now. The latest I've heard is that the planned installation is very soon.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 03:07 PM EDT  
karenbills

Wow, tons of information on here. Lots of work, thank you. Thank You Looking at the charts, we are right there for the eagles to return to the nest. I saw my first snowbird Oct 7......has anyone seen Spirit or Liberty yet. Liberty and Patriot were unfazed by the construction on the freeway beside their nest. It will be interesting to see if the construction of a hotel near the nest bothers Spirit. Curious whether Eaglewoman has been out and about observing yet. I'm so ready for the new season. Fall is officially here as far as I'm concerned when the snowbirds come back. Very Happy

Snowbird?!?! What do you mean? That's what I'm called as I spend most of the winter in Las Vegas at my brother's house. The southerners call us northerners 'snowbirds' when we travel south to escape the cold and snow. As Liberty and Spirit's home is in Redding I would never think of them as snowbirds. Maybe I am missing something?

Surely hope the new cams get installed asap before the eagles return. Talons crossed.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: itsgrama (offline) on Saturday, October 10 2015 @ 01:42 AM EDT  
itsgrama

LOL Oregon Juncos are snowbirds to us. They always come back around Oct 7 - 9th. I usually will see just one, then a day or two later will be a couple more ,then a few days later a whole bunch of them show up. They leave late spring. Kind of like swallows show up in spring and then leave in the fall. The snowbirds, to me, are a sure sign that summer is over. Grin

Quote by: karenbills

Wow, tons of information on here. Lots of work, thank you. Thank You Looking at the charts, we are right there for the eagles to return to the nest. I saw my first snowbird Oct 7......has anyone seen Spirit or Liberty yet. Liberty and Patriot were unfazed by the construction on the freeway beside their nest. It will be interesting to see if the construction of a hotel near the nest bothers Spirit. Curious whether Eaglewoman has been out and about observing yet. I'm so ready for the new season. Fall is officially here as far as I'm concerned when the snowbirds come back. Very Happy

Snowbird?!?! What do you mean? That's what I'm called as I spend most of the winter in Las Vegas at my brother's house. The southerners call us northerners 'snowbirds' when we travel south to escape the cold and snow. As Liberty and Spirit's home is in Redding I would never think of them as snowbirds. Maybe I am missing something?

Surely hope the new cams get installed asap before the eagles return. Talons crossed.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, October 10 2015 @ 10:50 AM EDT  
karenbills

Oh, okay then. Where are the Juncos coming from at this time of year? Thanks for the explanation. We also have lots of Juncos here in BC.

ETA: I just looked Juncos up on Wikipedia and here's what I found. We seem to have them year round on the west coast. Maybe in your particular area they are not as common though on a regular basis, since the article says they often go as far north as Alaska in the summer. Gee that sounds like our eagles as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark-eyed_junco

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: itsgrama (offline) on Saturday, October 10 2015 @ 04:09 PM EDT  
itsgrama

Yeah, our climate in the summer doesn't seem to be one that they like. Sounds like I would really like it where you live. Love those little birds. One hit my window a bit ago, dropped to porch, flapped around and ended up on the ground. I went out there..it was apparently just stunned, sitting mouth open, eyes open head back but breathing. I left it alone and went to check on it later...it was gone. So happy now. I wish I knew exactly where they come from but.... I'm just happy to see them come back. They seem to know exactly where my feeders are. My brother up in the Trinity Alps said he was seeing them this summer.

Quote by: karenbills

Oh, okay then. Where are the Juncos coming from at this time of year? Thanks for the explanation. We also have lots of Juncos here in BC.

ETA: I just looked Juncos up on Wikipedia and here's what I found. We seem to have them year round on the west coast. Maybe in your particular area they are not as common though on a regular basis, since the article says they often go as far north as Alaska in the summer. Gee that sounds like our eagles as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark-eyed_junco

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, October 11 2015 @ 04:11 PM EDT  
Jean

1:11pm............There are reports on FB today that Liberty and Spirit are back! The new cams are not yet installed.
Thank you Northern California Eagles!
Click on image to download

Last year in 2014, Spirit did arrive back on Oct. 11th also (same date)..............Liberty was later on Oct.17th.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, October 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM EDT  
Jean

More from FB: Thanks to Northern California Eagles!

Click on image to download

Here is the link to the pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/NorCaleagles

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:21 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate