Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2016 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, November 30 2015 @ 05:39 PM EST  
karenbills

Terri - The picture of the sub-adult you posted, I'm pretty sure David would refer to it as a '5 year bird' meaning it's in it's fifth year now being 4 1/2 years old. No matter, It's probably one of Liberty's kids for the reason that you stated above.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Jean (offline) on Monday, November 30 2015 @ 06:01 PM EST  
Jean

3:00pm..........WOW Bev, Judy and Karen! Great to see an eagle visiting again today!

I am not sure who this was either............Liberty does have a notch in the front of her collar.............Spirit does not. But the way the feathers are here in the s'caps..........sort of raggedy...................could be Liberty.............but not sure. On the other hand, I see where it could be Spirit. Chin

I did notice this in your s'cap Bev! A black tail feather on the right. Never saw this before, but the definition and clarity of details is way better than we had with the old cam...............so it may have been here all this time and we never noticed.

Click on image to download

Terri, what do you think? Liberty or Spirit?

Another question here Terri...............we did have a nice sized clock at the bottom of each screen.............only the Day time POV has one now.............and it is so teeny tiny that it really is quite useless unless you go Fullscreen. Do you know what happened to the clocks that were here a couple of weeks ago?

For comparison.......this was taken on Nov. 13th...........Much bigger clocks and clocks on both cams.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, November 30 2015 @ 09:04 PM EST  
eaglewoman

wave Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the great s'caps today Bev! It is hard to tell which one it was, they really look different in High Definition! I thought I saw a "notch" in the collar in a few of your shots Bev, so I was thinking it might be Liberty? I was down there shortly before that and I did see Liberty a little northwest of the nest, in a tree I'd never seen in her before! She took off before I could get a shot of her! I did not see Spirit in the area at all this morning. I'm starting to think that he might have some new hangouts that we don't know about & he probably likes it that way!Titter

A gal from facebook (Sue) saw an eagle in there & she also thought it was Liberty, and she said she got to hear her trilling for the first time with the new microphones!!!! I can't wait to hear that sound!

Gary~The old cams were both removed and what you are seeing is one of the microphones that are a separate unit from the cams. I think Joe said that if they were attached they would pick up a fan noise or something from the cams & that wouldn't be pleasant to hear all the time?

Thanks for your encouraging words, Gary, it was truly a labor of love & we know it won't be perfect this first year, but we will make improvements every year!!!Bravo

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, December 01 2015 @ 08:08 AM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: eaglewoman

wave Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the great s'caps today Bev! It is hard to tell which one it was, they really look different in High Definition! I thought I saw a "notch" in the collar in a few of your shots Bev, so I was thinking it might be Liberty? I was down there shortly before that and I did see Liberty a little northwest of the nest, in a tree I'd never seen in her before! She took off before I could get a shot of her! I did not see Spirit in the area at all this morning. I'm starting to think that he might have some new hangouts that we don't know about & he probably likes it that way!Titter

A gal from facebook (Sue) saw an eagle in there & she also thought it was Liberty, and she said she got to hear her trilling for the first time with the new microphones!!!! I can't wait to hear that sound!

Gary~The old cams were both removed and what you are seeing is one of the microphones that are a separate unit from the cams. I think Joe said that if they were attached they would pick up a fan noise or something from the cams & that wouldn't be pleasant to hear all the time?

Thanks for your encouraging words, Gary, it was truly a labor of love & we know it won't be perfect this first year, but we will make improvements every year!!!Bravo

You are welcome Terri and i did hear ?Liberty calling as she entered the nest.......the mic is working perfectly! the call was loud and clear...... her head feathers were blowing in the wind.... making hard for me to see the notch in the collar..... but you know these eagles better than anyone !
I hope there is another nest visit today for Judy, Jean and all who watch here to see.

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, December 01 2015 @ 11:24 AM EST  
karenbills

What is POV? Point of view, or something like that?

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, December 01 2015 @ 11:35 AM EST  
JudyB

Quote by: karenbills

I asked about that too, Karen, and Joe from HDonTap said "POV - point of view, as if the cam was an Eagle on the nest."

I still think of it more as an overhead cam - but POV is faster to type! Smile And it's great that they installed the cams and are covering the cost of streaming for the first two years!
Bravo

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, December 01 2015 @ 03:01 PM EST  
JudyB

12 noon

I think I hear eagles - almost certainly one, maybe two. Though it is hard to be sure with the background noise.

Keeping fingers crossed that they'll put in an appearance.

12:11 pm
I guess they were just teasing me - not hearing them any more. But one of these days.... Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, December 01 2015 @ 05:59 PM EST  
karenbills

Quote by: JudyB

Quote by: karenbills

I asked about that too, Karen, and Joe from HDonTap said "POV - point of view, as if the cam was an Eagle on the nest."

I still think of it more as an overhead cam - but POV is faster to type! Smile And it's great that they installed the cams and are covering the cost of streaming for the first two years!

Still not sure what that means, Judy. As if the cam is an eagle perched above or beside the nest....this is what they would see? Is that what they mean? I would just refer to which cam it is. Aren't they both 'POVs' then? I'm not blonde....ha.ha.ha. Just not used to different terminology.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

All times are EST. The time is now 02:41 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate