Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2016 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: karenbills (offline) on Wednesday, November 25 2015 @ 11:37 PM EST  
karenbills

Oh, Terri, this is marvelous news that Liberty and Spirit are back in their nest. Breathing a sigh of relief here!! Regarding the sound, JudyB has already explained that. Weird that Joe doesn't know you can turn off the sound on one of the cams if there's an echo. Never had a problem with that though. I will definitely be watching both cams at the same time on the same page.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, November 26 2015 @ 03:26 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Yes Karen, we are all breathing a huge sigh of relief here, too! This is very late for Liberty & Spirit to begin Nestorations, so they really kept us guessing this year!!!

To all of our forum members who are celebrating Thanksgiving today...

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Friday, November 27 2015 @ 12:45 PM EST  
Jean

9:41am.......... wave Good morning TB friends! Windy here in Redding this morning! There are no eagles in the nest right now.........but I am wondering about something and have a question!

QUESTION: Is there somewhere one could go to find an Archive of events on the nest? For example, on the HWF cams, we are connected with Wild Earth. There is a link for the Archives at WE so I can check there to see if anyone has been in a nest when I wasn't looking. Is there such a link to Archives for our Redding nest? It is a very valuable thing to have as viewers can only be here once in a while, rather than all the time. That information can then be brought forward from the Archives and posted here for documentation.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: CA Wildlife (offline) on Friday, November 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM EST  
CA Wildlife

Quote by: mjb

9:41am.......... wave Good morning TB friends! Windy here in Redding this morning! There are no eagles in the nest right now.........but I am wondering about something and have a question!

QUESTION: Is there somewhere one could go to find an Archive of events on the nest? For example, on the HWF cams, we are connected with Wild Earth. There is a link for the Archives at WE so I can check there to see if anyone has been in a nest when I wasn't looking. Is there such a link to Archives for our Redding nest? It is a very valuable thing to have as viewers can only be here once in a while, rather than all the time. That information can then be brought forward from the Archives and posted here for documentation.

Hi Jean About your question ... I am not aware of an archive for these cameras, however, Joe from HDonTap (the streaming site) mentioned that the Daytime POV cam has a time lapse feature. He indicated that he would post a sample time lapse video when that feature was set up. I don't know when that will be; I don't know if the average user will access; and I don't know if it can suffice as a event archive, but it should at least capture glimpses of events that would be harder to capture over the long term ... such as one or two daily visits to the nest by the eagles during the non-peak nesting / nestorations season. HDonTap is also streaming the cams and it is possible that they will have the time lapse once it is set up.

IN other news ... from the Daytime POV cam, it appears that a branch, twig or camera wire is swinging next to the tree trunk opposite the camera. I hope that this is not an issue for the eagles.

Gary (Sacramento, CA)
California Wildlife
http://www.flickr.com/photos/encouragement/

Forum

Sacramento Area

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, November 27 2015 @ 05:14 PM EST  
JudyB

Terri will be able to answer this better than I can, Jean, but I understand that HDonTap will be adding some sort of time-lapse feature that will let us see what's been happening at the nest, and will provide the codes for us to embed that on our site as well - once the eagles are spending more time in the nest. The archives that WildEarth makes available are quite wonderful - and I have been looking in here from time to time and haven't yet caught a visit, and do wonder if they stop by as soon as I leave. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Friday, November 27 2015 @ 05:38 PM EST  
Jean

wave Thank you Gary and Judy! I suppose we will have to wait until things get completed here with the cam set ups and functions. Judy, Liberty and Spirit have only been to the nest twice that I know of...............Once..........before the cams were installed.............Second............a few days ago after the cams have been up for a while. So I too hope to see them frequent the nest more often soon!

Gary, I think this is what you noticed.........could be a cable swinging there. I would feel better if it had been tied up to the tree trunk, but nothing can be done now. At least there are other places that our eagles could come into the tree, so hopefully it is nothing to be concerned about.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, November 28 2015 @ 08:08 PM EST  
eaglewoman

I just saw one of the adults perched in the nest tree area as we drove by on hwy 44 around 4:45pm today!

Mark reported that he saw an adult on Xmas Tree about 20 minutes prior to that! And, Jim got a shot of an immature eagle in the area today, too!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, November 29 2015 @ 01:51 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Well it was quite chilly out there this morning, 28 degrees Farenheit when I left my house! I think it was warmer up in B.C.?!?

But, my persistence paid off & I found the young eagle that Jim has been seeing down there!

My theory is that it is one of Patriot & Liberty's offspring, and judging by the age, I'm thinking it might be one of their last surviving offspring together from the 2011-2012 season? That would be Shasta or Lassen! It was in a tree not far from the nest tree so I was able to get some nice close ups of it!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:50 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate