The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2016 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, November 25 2015 @ 03:52 PM EST  
JudyB

Hip Hip Hooray! Cheers

With big thanks to Terri, Joe, and everyone else involved - here's the initial link to the cams on the HWF site - index.php?topic=TurtleBayCACam This is our "home" or topic page for the nest, and has both cams for those who wish to see both at once. If you hover over one of the viewing windows, you'll see the bar at the bottom here you can adjust the volume, or mute one cam if the echo effect gets too distracting. I'll update the Live Cams link when I get home, and add a few other options. No eagles right now - but here's what you'll see on the HWF site - and thank you so much for letting us be a host for these wonderful cams!

Click on image to download

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Wednesday, November 25 2015 @ 05:41 PM EST  
Jean

2:39pm.........That is such great news Terri! After all that you, Kit and your crew has done here it must be such a relief to actually see them in the nest.........and they were working on the nest too! I don't understand all that technical stuff either..........but I do know how to watch and document........and that I will gladly do whenever I get the chance! Now Liberty and Spirit...........come back here!!

Just wondering if this is water down below............bluish in color.............must be water.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: CA Wildlife (offline) on Wednesday, November 25 2015 @ 06:49 PM EST  
CA Wildlife

Hi Jean! Yes, that blue IS water. It's the Sacramento River. The river offers access to migrating salmon and other fish, many of which are quite sizable. The river and its adjacent riparian areas are also host to numerous birds (lots of tasty coots), reptiles and small to medium sized mammals. It's a fabulous area for predators and scavengers to thrive.

To all who made the new cams possible .... THANKS! I can already see the difference in resolution and angles of view. TWO cams are such a luxury, and I absolutely LOVE the sound. When the wind gets whistling through the microphones, I love to turn on some soothing music and just listen to nature add its beauty to the mix ... wind, birds, rain, rustling leaves and flowing water ... just wonderful!!!

Gary (Sacramento, CA)
California Wildlife
http://www.flickr.com/photos/encouragement/

Forum

Sacramento Area

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, November 25 2015 @ 07:16 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: JudyB

Hip Hip Hooray! Cheers

With big thanks to Terri, Joe, and everyone else involved - here's the initial link to the cams on the HWF site - index.php?topic=TurtleBayCACam This is our "home" or topic page for the nest, and has both cams for those who wish to see both at once. If you hover over one of the viewing windows, you'll see the bar at the bottom here you can adjust the volume, or mute one cam if the echo effect gets too distracting. I'll update the Live Cams link when I get home, and add a few other options. No eagles right now - but here's what you'll see on the HWF site - and thank you so much for letting us be a host for these wonderful cams!

THis is wonderful Judy and Ty for doing this,. and a huge TY to Terri, Joe and all..... and Hi everyone.!

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Jean (offline) on Wednesday, November 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM EST  
Jean

4:27pm......... wave Hello Gary and Bev! Great to see you both over here! We have all been waiting and now it looks as if our waiting has paid off.............the excitement is building as we hope to see Liberty and Spirit in the nest.........with sound! Thanks Gary............I was wondering about that water!

No eagles here right now.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, November 25 2015 @ 07:33 PM EST  
JudyB

Hi again! The link on our Live Cams page (index.php?topic=cam-sites) now goes to the new page (index.php?topic=TurtleBayCACam) - and at the top of the page, you can choose which cam to watch, and both are available in two sizes. I know some people really like to watch both cams on one page - and you can do that on the primary page. And I know others only have room or bandwidth to watch one cam most of the time - and we have that option available as well.

I'll be adding the links to the opening post - but now it's dinner time in Maine - so Bye!

PS - I'm doing this quickly, so if you find things that don't work as you'd expect, please let me know!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, November 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: mjb

4:27pm......... wave Hello Gary and Bev! Great to see you both over here! We have all been waiting and now it looks as if our waiting has paid off.............the excitement is building as we hope to see Liberty and Spirit in the nest.........with sound! Thanks Gary............I was wondering about that water!

No eagles here right now.

HI Back Jean........ and TY...... and Thanks again Judy B for the update.

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, November 25 2015 @ 09:13 PM EST  
JudyB

Here's the night-time view from the night cam - something I hadn't seen before. And, by the way, this is the size of the smaller cams:

And I'm fading fast and it's been a long week, so it will be tomorrow evening before I update the first post. Until then, you can find all the ways of viewing the cams on our site by using the live cams link or the link a few posts earlier (index.php?topic=TurtleBayCACam).

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating tomorrow - and Happy Thursday to everyone else!

And sleepy

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:54 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate