Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Lafarge Vancouver BC - Bald Eagle Nest
 Lafarge 2015/2016 Eagle Nest Discussion/Scaps/videos
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, March 24 2016 @ 09:24 AM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks for starting our day, nightowl!

Looks like another typical spring day:

Click on image to download

Thank you, Annemie, for the pictures of Lady - and I do think they are getting close to laying - but we'll just have to wait and see about that!

Keeping fingers crossed that Ken will be able to replace the router today - but he's got a lot going on right now, with server issues and a cam down at Delta 2 that will also require a site visit.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Steamer (offline) on Thursday, March 24 2016 @ 02:43 PM EDT  
Steamer

Quite an active day at the Pandora location today....this time of the human variety Oh My

The City of Vancouver came back and did further work on the damaged nest tree from the recent wind storm. A few days back the city picked up the branches on the ground and today they brought the whole tree crew to do a partial crown raising {clean cuts of branch removal to the lower trunk} on the tree to take care of several broken or dead branches I was told. When I arrived they had just finished the work and Lady appeared to be standing up on the nest at this time so all was good Phew

Had a nice chat with the boss and told him and his coworker about this active nest which several neighbors had already done during their work this morning. Went on to give them the rundown of the recent history of the nest and the eagles. Nice guys and again no worries on the eagles and this activity foks.

When I came back from shopping a hour later everything was cleaned up and they had left and I did a closer inspection of the tree work. Pa was observed on his favorite westerly perch right beside the nest as I headed home. Now the eagles can be left in peace to get along with the egg laying process Nodding yes

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, March 24 2016 @ 02:56 PM EDT  
JudyB

Wow - thanks for the report, Steamer - and glad they got the work out of the way before there are eggs! And I wonder if Pa and Lady have been waiting for the renovations on their nest tree before putting the finishing touches on their nest! Smile

Great that you saw them both back in the tree - as very urban eagles, I suspect it does take a lot to disturb them.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Annemie (offline) on Thursday, March 24 2016 @ 06:41 PM EDT  
Annemie

Hi JudyB, Stim. Mini, Gemini and all friends of these eagles

At 2:53 pm Pa and Lady were sitting on the rim of the Pandora nest looking intensely inside the nest bowl.
Lady made movements that showed that she was moving something around in a very defined area in the nest bowl.
Pa sitting right next to Lady paid close attention to what she was doing.
When Lady was done, she sat down in the nest exactly were she had worked on something and Pa flew off.
That was at 2:57 pm.
Stan and I were wondering whether Lady and Pa have an egg now. Chin

Ps. Stim, Mini and JudyB thanks for the kind words.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, March 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM EDT  
JudyB

Oh wow - thank you so much for that very interesting update, Annemie! And it definitely sounds promising. I do wonder what tomorrow will bring. love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, March 24 2016 @ 11:01 PM EDT  
Jean

8:00pm........ wave Hi Lafarge friends! Just popping in to see how things are going here.............sorry, can't get here much but do think of you all often! Stan and Annemie.........great to hear the news! Fingers crossed that there is an egg in that nest! fingers crossed

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, March 25 2016 @ 03:09 AM EDT  
nightowl

FRIDAY, MARCH 25, 2016

Byebye

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Friday, March 25 2016 @ 10:22 AM EDT  
Yolande

Morning Lafarge wave

Stopped by to catch up with forum news and Wow! This is great news - thanks so much Stan and Annemie! How great the nest tree work could be done without too much disturbance to the eagles - and the fact that there could well be an egg is very exciting!

Left thumb up

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 04:41 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate