Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Lafarge Vancouver BC - Bald Eagle Nest
 Lafarge 2015/2016 Eagle Nest Discussion/Scaps/videos
 |  Printable Version
By: Eastvan Girl (offline) on Friday, March 11 2016 @ 11:57 AM EST  
Eastvan Girl

I was just going to head over to the nest and saw the eagle fly out of it, too bad for me.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Friday, March 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM EST  
stim

I know where she is! Wooh I was hoping you would say Pa was now on the nest. The eagles often try out the nest bowl as they are getting it ready for eggs. Your report this morning gives us hope!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Eastvan Girl (offline) on Friday, March 11 2016 @ 12:11 PM EST  
Eastvan Girl

I think the fact that the eagles are taking garden plants up to the Pandora nest is a good sign also. Last year, Ma came quite often to the local community garden and took hay and dead plants back to the Pandora nest. With all the hay she helped herself to I think last year's nest must have been very cosy for those baby eagles. And just as I am writing this an eagle has come back into the nest..going to go check it outů

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Eastvan Girl (offline) on Friday, March 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM EST  
Eastvan Girl

Wow - as I walked over to the nest both eagles were in there, and a juvenile eagle flew to the nest. Both eagles started calling and then I think it was Pa who flew out and chased the young eagle away. This is the second time in about a 2 weeks that I have seen a juvenile come to the nest and get chased away. Perhaps it is searching for a nest of it's own..and they are defending it..I am not sure. Anyhow, everything settled down and I tried to get a couple of photos but i am a terrible photographer with a crummy camera.

Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Friday, March 11 2016 @ 01:11 PM EST  
stim

I would say the juvenile eagle could be a first year who recognizes the nest as a possible food source. Maybe 1 of the adults delivered food there. It could possibly even be one of last year's youngsters of this nest. Adults tolerate youngsters near, even sometimes in their nest tree until the nesting instinct takes over, time for eggs.
I was able to open your pictures and got the impression the eagle in the nest was standing? Could you tell if Lady has been standing or lying in the nest?
Did you click on file and insert the numbers 1 then 2 when posting your pics? You chose them fine, got them into jpgs, just 1 more step if that is the one missed.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, March 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM EST  
IrishEyes

10:16pm

Hi everyone....hug I saw this on the Tech Thread....... posted by Judy jkr

8:41 a.m.
Ken has given Lafarge a reboot.

Delta is fine.

I have notified him about White Rock -- Likely still a power outage in that area. He will most likely be checking on all the cams throughout the day as power is restored

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Steamer (offline) on Friday, March 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM EST  
Steamer

At 9.25 AM Lady was on the center of the Pandora nest and Pa was right on the end of a north westerly branch...lots of eagle "talk" at this time going on!.....

Welcome to the forum Eastvan GirlWelcome I'm sure Annemie and I have met you {probably more than a few times} Wink

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Friday, March 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM EST  
stim

wave Bev! Thanks for helping take care of us. hug

10:17 We know who this is.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:22 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate