See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam 2015/16
 |  Printable Version
By: Liv4cruzin (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2015 @ 12:12 PM EDT  
Liv4cruzin

Quote by: scylla

Quote by: Liv4cruzin

... Now, hopefully someone can confirm if it truly is Harriet w/ the more dainty/feminine looking nares.

Just in case no-one's done it...

Yes, Harriet has the prettier nose altogether! Sitting eagle She is so healthy and beautiful this season that she looks more like his daughter than his lady-love Smile

Thank you scylla....I really wanted confirmation so I could use this for identification purposes going forward.

===

Quote byscylla

Not that I'm a complainer (OK, that was a lie giggle ) but I'm having a hard time reconciling myself to the aerial nest view, as it's gradually dawned on me that it's here to stay and they don't have an alternative... except! ... can Cam2 zoom in close enough to cover the nest?

It is an adjustment. I keep feeling like I'm watching a different nest. The camera placement is now the same as several others I watch. Yes, we can thank E6 for all these wonderful changes. His/her impish personality gave me so much joy; I had to change my avatar to one of my favorite screen shots. Grin

Becky; Naples, FL
Avatar: E6 is thinking....."here's lookin' at you....kid"

Forum

Naples, FL

Profile Email   PM

By: Liv4cruzin (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2015 @ 12:17 PM EDT  
Liv4cruzin

Quote by: Jeannius

Good Morning

They were adorable this morning. I think they both jumped down into the nest. I had the sme same thought about zooming cam 2 because the aerial view is difficult for me to watch. I am thinking it will be a different story though when/if we are watching eaglets!

I suppose we'll be thankful for that view later. We'll all have a "bird's eye view". giggle

Becky; Naples, FL
Avatar: E6 is thinking....."here's lookin' at you....kid"

Forum

Naples, FL

Profile Email   PM

By: Joanner (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2015 @ 02:45 PM EDT  
Joanner

Quote by: scylla

Quote by: Liv4cruzin

Not that I'm a complainer (OK, that was a lie giggle ) but I'm having a hard time reconciling myself to the aerial nest view, as it's gradually dawned on me that it's here to stay and they don't have an alternative... except! ... can Cam2 zoom in close enough to cover the nest?

If not, how about we have a whip-round and buy Vicki a state-of-the-art cherry-picker?

I presume this is the varmint who caused the problem

===

Back to business - our happy couple have had a few singsongs with sleeps in between - this is not quite up-to-date, as the nearer one has just woken up and is surveying its territory:

I knew the minute I saw the views from the new camera that we weren't going to see pictures similar to the lovely ones on the first page of this year's nest reports. Even commented on it on page 3. Everyone seems to love the crispy clear pictures they are getting now, but personally I would give up the clarity for better views like on page 1.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2015 @ 02:47 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

wave Hello everyone. I have a correction and an explanation.
In the morning activity report that Shelli posted, I typed the wrong time....
This observation time"7:45 H to west pasture, flying quickly through the trees.
Perched in tree mid pasture tree line. Vocalizing and bobs head." ... should be 8:45

This is a good explanation about cam placement for cam 1 this year:
This year the Pritchetts installed two new AXIS PTZ cameras. The camera on the nest tree was installed higher than last years - approximately 7 foot above the nest. Camera placement is limited in the eagle’s choice of nest tree - by both the tree’s branch locations and the eagle’s preferred perching spots. Last year’s placement wouldn’t have provided views of the branches that are used by the eagles. While the PTZ pans left-right, up-down - upward views are limited by the camera’s cover. The nest camera will provide views of the nest and some of the branches where the eagles spend time perching/roosting. We look forward to the new views which the camera will provide.

I just love the new cams, all three. And I am torn between going to the nest to record... Chin ...or watching the beauty of our eagles on the new cams. Spectacular views!

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Nemorex (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2015 @ 03:23 PM EDT  
Nemorex

VickiO, thanks so much for the very helpful explanation of the cam placements. Since the Pritchetts are now providing us with 3 cams, all of significantly higher quality than before, and since the cams offer such wonderful views from different viewpoints, I would hope that we would stop complaining about the change in viewpoint. I've never posted here before so I'd also like to say how wonderfully helpful are all the reports and photos and videos made available to us by all you "ground crew." Thanks to all of you and to the Pritchetts!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: patientpatty (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2015 @ 04:58 PM EDT  
patientpatty

Vicki, You have given an excellent explanation of why the Cams are placed the way they are...especially Cam 1. I feel we will learn so much more this year with the way Cam 1 is placed - we have already been able to see more intimate interaction between M15 and H. No doubt the clarity is gorgeous and once we have eaglets there will be opportunity to see so much more of their activities in the nest, on the various tree branches, in the pasture and at the pond. I am really excited about it all and thank the Pritchett's so very much for giving us this wonderful gift of sight into our eagles lives. Hope you are enjoying a little more free time now that the Cams are on but I am sure I speak for a lot of watchers....your commentaries and videos/photos have sustained us through some good and bad times these past months. Please continue when you can. Thanks for all you have given us. I am also putting in my vote that M15 be given a name.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: PaminIndiana (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2015 @ 05:50 PM EDT  
PaminIndiana

Clapping Clapping

Thanks so much for the explanation about the cams Vicki. It really makes sense and I am just so grateful we have them at all!

P.S. Giving you credit, I posted your comment on Eagle Peeps so everyone can share in the information you provided about the cams. Thanks again.

There is nothing more beautiful than an eagle.

Forum

Profile Email Website PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2015 @ 07:10 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

Thanks Nemorex, patientpatty and PaminIndiana. Glad to explain and thank you to all of you that discussed the cam's placement this year! I probably never would have thought to post about it.
Hugs to all. hug

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:26 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate