Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam 2015/16
 |  Printable Version
By: Joanner (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 04:19 PM EDT  
Joanner

Did the camera angle get changed because of E6 playing with the cord? I am very grateful for the camera, but we won't get to see as much from the current angle. Just look at the lovely pictures on page 1. We won't see such beautiful pictures anymore.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 04:53 PM EDT  
MaryF

Joanner we all are seeing the new cams for the first time today. I'm not sure why the camera angle of the nest cam was changed. It might have had something to do with E6 demolishing the strap Grin If I find out why they changed the positioning of the cam I will post it here. The new cam is a PTZ so perhaps the position might change from time to time and give us a better view.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: dadsjazz (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 05:07 PM EDT  
dadsjazz

SWFEC Season 4

October 2015

Tribute to Ozzie

We celebrate the life of Ozzie the Eagle devoted partner to Harriet and protector of their many offspring. Ozzie valiantly endured the many challenges of Eagle life with tenacity and courage. He displayed fierceness in defending his territory and gentleness tending to his young.

Mystery surrounds the workings of nature. We observe, record and study trying to understand life as an Eagle. Ozzie taught us the way of the Eagle is to propagate and protect their species at all costs. The plight of the Eagle is to survive and thrive in harsh realities of daily life. Ozzie’s example serves to remind us why the majestic Eagle is the symbol of strength and freedom.

Ozzie’s inherent warrior spirit drove him to attempt to recover his territory and mate. The forceful fight may have decided his fate.

Ozzie’s legacy will carry on from those who came before him to the offspring he successfully fathered and reared. Beloved Ozzie’s memory will be forever etched in our hearts.
Native American lore speaks of the Eagle as the connection between man and the Creator. Soar to the ultimate height Ozzie and carry our prayers with you to The Great Spirit.

In loving memory of E3 and E5.

Summary by dadsjazz

Ozzie the Powerful (capture from video wskrsnwings)
Click on image to download

Devoted Dad Ozzie and E4 greeting Mom (Capture from video Urdognu)

Tender moments with Dad Ozzie feeding E5 and E6. (Capture from SWFEC dadsjazz)

Video by Urdognu
Ozzie Defends From Intruder For 1 3/4 Hours http://youtu.be/opybEFjv8vo

Ground video by wskrsnwings
Behaviors Are Not Always As They Appear https://youtu.be/MI7Pc4Uz2zA
So Blue The Moon~So Quiet Harriet~Fly Free Ozzie https://youtu.be/dOUS7ZyWHEg

Avatar of Ozzie, the beloved Eagle
In loving memory of Ozzie, E3 and E5.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Julie Powell (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 05:35 PM EDT  
Julie Powell

Thank you! Beautifully said. Although we will miss him the "Cruel" Survival of the fittest has worked for millennia.
This is a good reminder of how fragile these wild birds are.I hope for Harriet's sake FV is up to Ozzies standards.Lets all make a pledge to CROW or Audubon in Ozzies name.He will never leave our hearts! Sitting eagle

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Val (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 05:41 PM EDT  
Val

Good evening everyone who comes to this beautiful nest!

RIP Ozzie. My heart is heavy with sadness upon learning of your passing. May you fly forever free with
your babies and others recently lost. You will always be remembered for your faithful commitment
to your mate Harriet, fiercely defending your nest from intruders and providing for your babies season after
season. It is uncanny how one bald eagle with such class and personality could become so popular and
loved dearly! Surely all the treasured memories will be forever imprinted in our hearts. This will surely get us
through the grieving and in time heal all or hearts.

Many. many thanks and with our love to the Pritchett family, ground crew, moderators and this close knit
community for blessing us beyond measure. The many gifts bestowed upon us of learning, caring, compassion
and love has and will continue on in the new season. Also, my hat is off to the tremendous staff (doctors & medical team)
at CROW. They genuinely went the second mile to provide the very best of care to our Ozzie man. They not only did this
once but two times!!

We are going to be on ready and on the edge of our seats to see how God's plan will play out for our sweet and precious
Harriet and this wonderful nest. It will be a wonderful experience with an inside view of nature and life as it happens.
May all take good care and be blessed!

Hugs & love,
Val

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 05:51 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

Such nice posts about Ozzie from everyone. Hugs!!!

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 05:57 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

First day of ground observations for Season 4. Very Happy

Ground Observations: Thursday, October 1, 2015

6:05-6:50 I am at the nest. Harriet is perched on the outer attic branch of the nest tree. There are no other eagles in the pasture or tree. Harriet is quiet again this am, vocalizing twice.

6:51-6:57 The SA (sub adult) we have been seeing frequent the nest tree and following Harriet flies in from the NW. Harriet vocalizes long and loudly with "head-up" as the eagle approaches and lands in an upper right branch of the nest tree. It is the SA (sub adult). The SA vocalizes also. Harriet continues to vocalize.

6:57-7:00 Harriet starts continuous vocalizations and launches to the branch stub mid-way to the upper branch.
She continues vocalizing, even shrills, as she launches to the upper branch beside the SA. The SA vocalizes too. The SA moves slightly away with Harriet next to it on the branch and then it hops farther away on the branch. Harriet continues to vocalize including a "head-up".
7:00-7:10 There are no eagles on the cell tower. Harriet is vocalizing less now and preens, scratches, readjusts her feet and watches the area SE to SW. The SA readjusts both feet and watches the area to the SW.

7:10 Harriet flies from the nest tree to the south and the SA is right behind her.

7:12-7:15 I hear Harriet vocalizing in the stand of trees across the road by the cell tower. No eagles are on the cell tower.

7:20-7:30 Harriet is vocalizing frequently and loudly in a tree by the cell tower. The SA is perched below her vocalizing also. The SA flies from the tree heading north.
Harriet flies shortly after heading NW over the tree lines and out of sight. The SA flies from the East and follows Harriet to the NW.

7:30-7:50 I check the power poles but no eagles are perched there.

7:50-8:30 I am back at the nest. There is no sign of any eagles in either pasture. I am told that two eagles were seen soaring/flying south before I arrived back at the nest.

8:30 I am headed home. The way of the eagle continues to unfold before our eyes. May we observe and learn and not judge or predict. <3 you Ozzie.

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Val (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 05:57 PM EDT  
Val

Good evening Vicki,

You are so precious and loved and we dearly appreciate your dedication and unconditional
love that flows from you. May you feel the love and our hugs towards you!!
Have a wonderful evening.
val

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:47 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate