Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam 2015/16
 |  Printable Version
By: flexpat (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 09:42 AM EDT  
flexpat

Wonderful news, Glasscutter! Felt your excitement flowing off the page.

Thank you to the 'group' for the mornings nest activities.

Have a great day all. Smiles

Everything in moderation.
Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: PaminIndiana (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 10:00 AM EDT  
PaminIndiana

What wonderful news for you Glasscutter! I have recently had a new great grand daughter born and having a new baby around is such a blessing. Red Heart

GOOD MORNING ALL!! wave

Sure was a surprising but great day yesterday to see our M15 return. What a handsome guy he is. Thankful to all the ground crew and the SWFEC team for waiting to confirm his identity. Very professional and responsible team, thank you. How easy it would have been in the early morning dark hours dark at the nest, to assume that M15 was still SA. I would have made the same conclusion myself, I'm sure.

But now we know and I welcome M15 (Mr Persistent) back with an open heart! Let's get down to making some eaglets. Egg hatch:

There is nothing more beautiful than an eagle.

Forum

Profile Email Website PM

By: Cat (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 10:20 AM EDT  
Cat

Is it now 10:20 FL time?
There is an eagle sitting on the upper right branch in Cam2. I have not noticed any zooming so I don't know whether it is Harriet or M15 ...

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: PaminIndiana (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 10:42 AM EDT  
PaminIndiana

Quote by: Cat

Is it now 10:20 FL time?
There is an eagle sitting on the upper right branch in Cam2. I have not noticed any zooming so I don't know whether it is Harriet or M15 ...

I am sure it is Harriet Cat....

There is nothing more beautiful than an eagle.

Forum

Profile Email Website PM

By: Cat (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 10:46 AM EDT  
Cat

And so she is gone. I want to see her with M15 ...Welcome

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 01:54 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

This is wonderful news everyone! It made me have a huge smile yesterday to see M15 back with Harriet. Thank you faithful reporters for all you do day in and day out.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: Cat (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 02:43 PM EDT  
Cat

I am confused every night (EEST) when this thread shows first less than 20 pages and short after it over 30 pages. Do people add pictures on their previous posts and then take them away - why do the page numbers vary from and to and back so often?

There is again an eagle on the right upper branch, but only one ... Harriet? Why not M15 as well?

Harriet is such a desirable female eagle - why in earth it doesn't work yet? Red Heart

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 03:31 PM EDT  
JudyB

Quote by: Cat

I am confused every night (EEST) when this thread shows first less than 20 pages and short after it over 30 pages. Do people add pictures on their previous posts and then take them away - why do the page numbers vary from and to and back so often?

Hi Cat - and welcome to you and to all the new members!

What may be happening is that you may see a different number of pages before you log in. Members can choose how many posts they see on a page by clicking the Account Settings link in the upper right (under the green heading and the black menu bar), and then clicking the Forum Preferences tab. As you can see in the picture below, I have chosen to have 15 posts on each page - and when I'm logged in, I see 12 pages (second image below) - and when I'm not logged in, I see 23 (3rd image); the number of views is higher in the 3rd picture because this is a very popular thread right now, and I took the last screenshot several minutes after the first.

I don't actually remember what the default number of posts is, but it's probably different for logged-in members. And the reason I'm answering your question here rather than sending you a private message (PM) is that other people have probably wondered about that - and because if you find forum pages are opening very slowly, the first thing to try is to have less posts on a page. Many of the posts here have pictures, and it can take quite a bit of memory for them to open - having less pictures on a page can help!

Click on image to download

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:07 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate