The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam 2015/16
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 11:02 AM EDT  
MaryF

October 1, 2015 post by flexpat--moved to new thread by MaryF

Dear Friends...like yours, my heart is heavy. And I am so sorry for our loss. A few notes please...lets take a moment to thank all those involved that brought us this wonderful experience the past three years. The Pritchett Family, Photographers, Videographers, Moderators, and all the other volunteers who devoted their time to keep us informed and feed our thirst for knowledge. Let's thank our beloved Eagles, Ozzie and Harriet, without whom we would not be participating in this forum. A thank you to CROW for their hours of care and devotion to heal Ozzie enough to set him free. While some of us may have questions, now is not the time to ask as it will not bring Ozzie back. Illness is complicated and bodies become weak...Mr flex developed Septic Shock within hours while in the hospital. And PLEASE remember that Ozzie had several months of pure freedom...what an Eagle deserves...before his passing. To dear, sweet Wskrs...my heart aches for you and all who truly loved and respected Ozzie. Respectfully, flexpat. Sad

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: dsguill (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 11:40 AM EDT  
dsguill

woot woot camera is steaming
Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: tomp2001 (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 12:00 PM EDT  
tomp2001

Well take a deep breath Tom calm yourself, in with the good air out with the bad air, Windy - hold on that's what they teach you when you study the martial arts.When you loose focus they tell you go back to the basics and that is breathing. There is no life without breathing and it give you focus and that warm feeling of living.I asked my sen say so many times how do you sit and breath when the world around us has broken our hearts. sad He told me close your eyes clear your mind of your worries and breath nice deep breaths feel the air, hear the air , that's your breath your life and it is fine. He was right it is fine because when I open my eyes the world that does not wait for us has moved on. Big hugs It's not easy breathing today but I will its what we do. What choice does life give us it calls to us animals it demands that we move on. I am , I will, heal and so will all of you. Take a breath today, take many , live life hug a friend, kiss a loved one,let them know how valuable any life is especially theirs,I loved Ozzie I just didn't know how much, loss shows you how much, healing from this will teach me how to be a better human. Thanks Ozzie for the lessons Godspeed my friend. Sitting eagle Harriet close your eyes and breath sweetheart !You have many lessons left to teach me, and I can not wait for you to live on and make us smile again ! Very Happy Have a wonderful day my friends and Remember always I LOVE YOU ALL and I want you to know that. Peace and a BIG SMILE for you all better days are a coming! wave Don't Panic Red Heart

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Gracentux (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 12:21 PM EDT  
Gracentux

I took a deep breath. Harriet, we wait for you!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: tomp2001 (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 12:32 PM EDT  
tomp2001

I forgot to post this here from my face book page yesterday but I wanted to share it with you all still !sad

So my computer takes a crap Bash computer I have to go get it fixed good thing I now have windows 10 get home :confused: and my router takes a freak break,Don't Panic 10 hrs later I fix it I am getting pretty tech save. Why to finally get online at about noon and find out Ozzie has passed . sad I have to pause for a bit sorry tears are flowing the tuff guy is not so tuff it seems ! Cry I try so hard to keep the human out but Ozzie you just dug in deep and there was no way around it. I am very sad and I should be I just lost a large part of my life. Cry Hanky Wow Ozzie you were so great such a good dad and mate it took almost loosing your life and then loosing your life, I knew you would but I did not tell them I knew you loved Harriet and that nest more than life itself it meant all to you . You know there is no better sacrifice to a human then to give your life for someone else, in your case I think giving your life for your nest and your mate counts as much . Bravo You are and will always be my friend and Hero Godspeed Ozzie I hope I can live up to you! Now it's time to grieve and heal , and move on because life is not waiting on us and that's what Ozzie would want just as he always found a way to go on till the end,we will to so A BIG SMILE for all of you and for you too my friend OZZIE may you find peace you knew we loved you and may all of you find peace too. The future eaglets of this wonderful nest await us so does more happiness, I am glad I know the difference and it's times like these that teach me so BIG SMILES KIDS Grin life goes on Happy days will come again what a wonderful roller coaster life is it takes my breath away and makes my heart sing ! Whistling How boring it would be without living it !Very Happy

Forum

Profile     PM

By: arlash (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 01:43 PM EDT  
arlash

I was saddened by the death of Ozzie the Eagle. He and Harriet touched so many lives, and sent many an eaglet on the path to adulthood.
I cared for an injured hummingbird this past summer that had probably lost a dispute like Oz. He was injured and only lived two days despite
being fed nectar and insects by hand. When he passed a nurse told me that in her business, what happened to the small creature was described as a 'good death'. The bird was safe, warm and cared for when it slipped quietly away. I take comfort that Ozzie passed the same. He was surrounded by those that cared for him and in the thoughts of countless others. We should all be so fortunate. So long Ozzie, and thanks to all who cared for him.

Forum

NY

Profile Email   PM

By: tomp2001 (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 03:04 PM EDT  
tomp2001

Debi Elfast-Kelly : Since I have been watching and learning about eagles I have found another family and family helps get through the hard times, so we are all here for each other to celebrate the life of OZZIE and not mourn.

Tomp Eagle: I agree Debi Elfast-Kelly we mourned and grieved yesterday that's for respect , now is the time for celebration Ozzie and Harriet had what many humans can only dream of a wonderful life. Ozzie showed why they are our national symbol, how their lives are so much like ours, but in high speed. If Ozzie was a man his shoes would be hard to fill. He lived, his life, had meaning, he has a wonderful legacy in all his little ones, and the devotion earned from Harriet, man what a great life he had, and what a great death also. I know that sounds stupid but we are all going to die, doing it on your terms and defending what you love, and being comforted in the end and not going out alone wow a great life can you ask for more, take a breath Tom ok better. Hey Oz yeah I am thinking about you I do that for all my loved ones that are with you now say hey for me to E3 and E5 and have some fish heads ! wave Red Heart Thank You tea

Forum

Profile     PM

By: PRFDAL (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 03:43 PM EDT  
PRFDAL

Two wonderful national articles on Ozzie.

USA Today "Ozzie, famous bald eagle, dies"

Washington Post "Ozzie the bald eagle, a webcam celebrity for millions, dies fighting for his love"

Lots of local and some national coverage.

A testament to the impact Ozzie had on humans and the legacy he leaves.

Portia

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember,
you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion
to reach for the stars to change the world".
-Harriet Tubman

Forum

Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:11 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate