See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam 2015/16
 |  Printable Version
By: FlaNative9 (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 08:50 PM EDT  
FlaNative9

NEST OBSERVATIONS CONTINUED

4:34 pm both into nest tree. They both flew in together, that was kewl Grin

4:43 Harriet moved closer to SA and he takes off for a lil fly about around the nest tree and ends up in the nest.

4:47 adult flies off toward the north. Zoom finds 2 eagles on the power poles.

All is quiet tonight in the nest. Have a great evening everyone sleepy

Candi

"The cell tower is now the tree that used to be"

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: kltarvin (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 08:53 PM EDT  
kltarvin

I normally just read the posts on this forum, however, when I was reading posts about the Reuters article on Ozzie's death surfacing on the web Oct 1st, I thought I would post. I was shocked to read that article myself! I wanted to contact someone to look into the source of that article. I am pleased to see that someone has since I had no idea how to do that. Shame on Reuters for writing assumptions and false information. Especially at this time when we are all mourning Ozzie crossing over the Rainbow Bridge. RIP Ozzie, I will never forget you. I love you. And I pray that M15 was just driven off out of the territory by Ozzie and did not have life threatening injuries as Ozzie did unfortunately.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 09:52 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

wave This is the first of two videos today.

Video Camera VIDEO: https://youtu.be/FANmAdRWPkk

Mutual Vocalizations~But The Male Leaves Early 10-06-15

Harriet and the sub adult (SA) exchange several greeting vocalizations. This is a highly pitched chuckling sound given in a laughing manner and is often heard during courtship with both birds making the call. The SA moves some sticks in the nest but does not bring new sticks and leaves early to the NW. The way of the eagle continues to unfold before our eyes. May we observe and learn - not judge or predict.

both early this am
Click on image to download
sub adult perching in the pond tree
sub adult flies to the NW

Thank You FlaNative and Shelli for posting the observations.

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglesrock29 (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 09:53 PM EDT  
eaglesrock29

Flexpat, thank you contacting the authors about that article that Reuters carried. I read that article a few days ago and it was filled with inaccurate information. The only thing I believe that CROW said is this statement by Dr. Heather Barron: "He went out in a blaze of glory," Barron said of Ozzie. "He fought the good fight." Dr. Barron was amazing in her care of Ozzie for his prior injury and I watched all the videos she participated in. Dr. Barron took great care and time both in working to heal Ozzie and answering many questions by so many of Ozzie's fans. Dr. Barron is a true Rock Star and CROW took amazing care of Ozzie. So for my part, I will wait to hear further from CROW and the results of the necropsy. As said, sepsis is a really serious deal and many do not survive. I take comfort that Ozzie is not suffering anymore. As Dr. Barron said, he "went out in a blaze of glory. He fought the good fight." He defended his territory to the end. A brave and beautiful Eagle. I will never forget his bravery and what a great protector he was to Harriet and his eaglets, dedicated provider, and gentle Eagle Dad with a fondness for sticks and their appropriate placement Smile. Miss him so much but we will follow his beautiful Harriet as she starts a new chapter in her life,

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 11:23 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

This is the second of two videos today.

Video Camera VIDEO: https://youtu.be/6OT1QqOnYCk

Vocal And Beautiful~Harriet Gets The Work Done 10-06-15

Harriet preens, vocalizes and snoozes before flying for a stick to use in the nest. The sub adult does not return to the nest area while Harriet is there. The way of the eagle continues to unfold before our eyes. May we observe and learn - not judge or predict. Ozzie would want us to go forward with Harriet. Miss you, Ozzie.

Harriet stretching her wing
Harriet breaks the branch end
Harriet

VickiO

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Shelli22sweet (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 11:58 PM EDT  
Shelli22sweet

NEST ACTIVITY - WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 7th

Sitting eagle Mornin' Everybody! Mug of coffee Have a great day!

~ Keep it real...Peace ~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: EAGLEPEEP (offline) on Wednesday, October 07 2015 @ 09:41 AM EDT  
EAGLEPEEP

wave wave

Good Wednesday Morning Shelli! Hope we see lots of Harriet and Sub Adult today. Have a great day everyone.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Wednesday, October 07 2015 @ 01:18 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

NEST ACTIVITY/OBSERVATIONS: Wednesday October 7, 2015
(reporting by FlaNative9, Tomp Eagle and myself)

FlaNative9:
6:52 am I've been up since 4:30 and there's been no activity that I have seen. Nothing reported in the chatroll viewer messages overnight either.

wskrsnwings:
6:05-7:05 I am at the nest. There are no eagles in the nest tree or pastures or surrounding area.

7:25 Two Eagles (perhaps Harriet and the sub adult) fly from north to the south southeast along the west pasture skyline and out of sight.

7:30-8:00 Two black vultures are perched on the cell tower. No eagles are seen or heard at yonder pond. No Eagles are seen on the power poles.

8:00 I am back at the nest. No Eagles are seen or heard.

8:10 The SA (sub adult) flies in, vocalizing loudly and lands in an upper branch of the nest tree. He flew in from the south.

8:14 The SA flies from the nest tree to the northwest and out of sight. He was looking around in all directions mostly to the north and northwest while in the nest tree.

8:50 I am headed home. The way of the eagle continues to unfold before our eyes. May we observe and learn - not judge or predict. Ozzie would want us to go forward with Harriet. Miss you, Ozzie.

Tomp Eagle:
9:46 am Harriett in nest tree. SA brings little stick in nest. well he's trying. Harriet vocalizes.

9:48 they both left. well that was fast.

FlaNative9:
9:47 Harriet leaves tree. SA up in attic.

9:53 SA still in attic. 10:00 SA still in attic. 10:30 SA still in attic.

10:44 Harriet on OCT

11:06 Harriet takes off of OCT towards the church area.

12:00 pm ish SA not in the nest tree anymore when cam2 panned back. Not sure the time it panned back.

VickiO

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 03:52 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate