https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam 2015/16
 |  Printable Version
By: Jeannius (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 06:40 PM EDT  
Jeannius

I found it by doing a search for 'Rueters article on Ozzie the bald Eagle' . I may be able to copy and paste it on here if it wont cause upset to anyone. Let me know

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jeannius (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 06:41 PM EDT  
Jeannius

www.reuters.com/article/.../us-usa-flor ... 82015100...

Copy and paste this link in your search

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: flexpat (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 06:43 PM EDT  
flexpat

Jeannius (have always loved that username!)...I'm am not sure about Rueters blip of an article but I have written them asking they include their source of info and correct their article. It was wrong of them to grab info off the wire without revealing the source of that info as most wire services do. That report could have originated anywhere and it was also written to have the reader think millions of viewers watched this on a live feed before the cams were even operating. We'll wait and see if they respond to me. Flexpat

Everything in moderation.
Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat P (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 06:54 PM EDT  
Pat P

I looked up the Reuters article about Ozzie. They got a few facts right, but a lot of them were incorrect. I would advise anyone that watches the SWFL cam to read the article with great caution and not get upset. The Pritchett Family & CROW have already given us the facts concerning Ozzie, Harriet, and M15 (FV).

Pat Pop

My church is God's great outdoors with all the creatures

Forum

Blue Ridge Va

Profile Email   PM

By: Jeannius (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 07:04 PM EDT  
Jeannius

Thanks Flex. Years ago when I got my first computer my nephew created Jeannius as my screen name.My first name is Jeanne! Typically I have not listened to any news article when it has come Oz and Harriet. I have stuck with CROW and what was posted at the Pritchett website. Today when chat was open I saw something about that article so I did a search on it. As I have just re read it the quotes by CROW Dr. Only say he fought a good fight and they did CPR on him. They'd don't really quote the Dr as saying he died of cardiac arrest. So I guess they are assuming and most likely embellishing the story as news reports often do! I am just curious about what really happened at CROW, as all the reports were so positive. The last thing I read was where CROW said the next report they would give would tell us how long he would need to be there. I know this is nature and nature isnt pretty. I just wonder what the heck happened to him!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: flexpat (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 07:27 PM EDT  
flexpat

Jeannius...just to put you mind at ease. I am not an expert but have experienced the wrath of infection and resulting Septic Shock. It's a slippery slope and one that can change very quickly even when the patient is under medical care (my experience is with an otherwise healthy Human...not an Eagle.) One moment it is under control and the next can be critical. As I told Reuters, Ozzie was not wearing a GoPro so any info as the exact timing of his activities and illness is pure speculation. I understand your initial concern as I saw that on chat as well, read the article then wrote them about their incorrect information. You are right to stick with the facts coming from SWFEC and CROW. Those of us connected to this nest and these Eagles will get the real information from them when that information becomes available. And here's a hug from me to you.

Everything in moderation.
Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jeannius (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 08:03 PM EDT  
Jeannius

Thank you Flexpat. I am so glad you contacted the reporters, I hope you hear back from them.
Back at you on the hug! I appreciated that. Hope to see on the chat soon. I know it will be a tough season this year for all of us but I think I can do it!
Thanks Again!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: crayj46 (offline) on Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 08:06 PM EDT  
crayj46

hmmmm, no article i can see about Oz there. not to worry, i likely don't want to read it anyway...thanks

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:03 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate