Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 12:07 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: alicia

Quote by: amd

Can we please get more close ups/zooms of her face? Smile I missed it and only got a couple of screen shots....Thank you!! Also, any guess as to Dad's age?

Hi Alicia, that is a good question about Dad's age....I know that Mom was approx. 21 years old this spring, according to David's calculations and Dad is definitely younger than her.....but perhaps JudyB will have an answer for you when she arrives online today. or maybe Bev or Yolande will know but I think they are off line for a bit at this time.

I would love to sign in to get some close ups of Sandy's face, that one of my most favorite things to do, but unfortunately I am away from home, and don't
have my set up to get in on the cams (using my sister's laptop) I tried to find the info that I need looking through my (PM's) private messages but cannot find
the info that I need to sign in properly. I'm sorry. but someone will be here soon to zoom again....surely Smile

8:08 am Sandy's looking a bit warm -- nice morning sunshine
No visits by Mom or Dad since I first signed on....

wave Hi Yolande

Alicia here is the time line re Drtver and Putter

Thank you so much for that info. I do have another question - when Putter and Driver fledged, did they stick around? Did they learn to fish? Were the cameras able to catch them near Mom and Dad at the River? How long did they stick around after they fledged and did they leave the territory together? Thanks! Oh and can Sandy see the River from the nest? If so which position? Staring right on the branches? Or left?

Thanks Michelle for your response...

Alicia here is the time line re Driver and Putter

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=697896#697896

We don't know how old Dad Honeycomb is...

There are s'caps that show that Sandy can see the river from the ICB on the left

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: amd (offline) on Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 12:16 PM EDT  
amd

Nice pics of Sandy, thank you Sandy(Maggie1) Smile

I must apologize Bev, Alicia, and all -- I thought that I had read somewhere that Dad was most likely younger than Mom....I edited my original
post very embarrassed sorry about that, and thank you Bev for clarifying and confirming that we really are unsure of his age. hug thanks
for posting the link to last year's season, what fantastic memories of a fantastic season! Mr. and Mrs. H are incredible!
9:17 am Sandy is content, preening
Click on image to download

well, I was hoping to catch a food drop this morning while I was here, but I must get going.
--heard a few quiet calls from Sandy at 9:19 am, not with an urgent or pressing tone though

Have a wonderful day Bev,
and also to everyone following hug

Michelle

Forum

Calgary, AB Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 12:35 PM EDT  
Darlene

Good morning everyone! It looks like Sandy is ready to go anytime, he/she is much more confident flying between branches and nest.

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 12:38 PM EDT  
Yolande

Hi again - lots of great questions and links this morning - thanks everyone!

Sandy was having a flap-a-thon: Back and forth between the nest and the ICB where h/she is now.

lovely fan-tail, Sandy!

Lots of sun on the cam lens now - and for the next while!

wave Hi back Michelle! I had the impression Dad was younger too - and I don't know where I got it! THX for clearing that up Bev.

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: alicia (offline) on Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 12:40 PM EDT  
alicia

Did Putter and Drive get to see their parents fish? Were the babies seen at the river? With them? I'm trying gauge if they were seen. My DC Eaglets Cam did not zoom to the Anacostia River from the nest, obviously, LOL. So the curiosity of whether you were able to see that the babies followed the parents around and watched them hunt is very helpful. Why is the loading of each page on the message board so slow? It's always been that way. And one more question...how can I view images??? Except go through thousands of pages. Is their a link (like other websites and/or FB) where you can click on the gallery of viewers images? Really trying to see past pictures as well as views/close ups of Mr and Mrs. H and going page by page is tedious and super slow. Any suggestions on that? Thanks for all the help thus far! <3

May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.
Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 12:41 PM EDT  
Yolande

A few more..

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 01:10 PM EDT  
Yolande

Did Putter and Drive get to see their parents fish? Were the babies seen at the river? With them? I'm trying gauge if they were seen. My DC Eaglets Cam did not zoom to the Anacostia River from the nest, obviously, LOL. So the curiosity of whether you were able to see that the babies followed the parents around and watched them hunt is very helpful. Why is the loading of each page on the message board so slow? It's always been that way. And one more question...how can I view images??? Except go through thousands of pages. Is their a link (like other websites and/or FB) where you can click on the gallery of viewers images? Really trying to see past pictures as well as views/close ups of Mr and Mrs. H and going page by page is tedious and super slow. Any suggestions on that? Thanks for all the help thus far! <3

Hi alicia - will try to answer a couple of your questions. We didn't see Putt or Driver at the river - their coloration is almost uniformly dark at that stage, and, while our cams are great, it would be hard to pick out a juvie perched that far away [unless we were really lucky!] I suspect that the eagles are sometimes perching on the riverside of the trees, where our cams cannot reach.

But we do know that at least one of the eaglets, Driver, was at the river and maybe watching, or waiting for, a parent. One of our zoomers, Darlene, did a vid of Driver following Mom back from the river. She has a fish in her talons and Driver followed her back to the nest to feed. Here are some scaps from Darlene's vid: You can just see Driver by Mom's left wing tip in the 1st scap, and in the 2nd scap, you can see Driver clearly.

Aug3/15

We have a media gallery where individual members keep albums. Look at the top of this page and you'll see it in the black bar. Sorry I can't be more helpful on that!

As to the forum, sometimes it's slower than at other times - it could have something to do with our server, and/or with the amount of 'traffic'.

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 01:37 PM EDT  
Yolande

Sandy is so quiet - looking around and towards the river often..

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:43 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate