The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Other Birds and Wildlife > African Wildlife
 Djuma/WildEarth Live Safaris - 1/18/10 to 8/28/11
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: CJ () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:02 AM EST  
Anonymous: CJ

Quote by: BBE

OK, thanks to Connie, Terry and Sly and PEB's tips = my photo is finally posted.

Connie, would it be reasonable to have a Q/A thread set up for us to ask each other techie questions ? instead of in this Djuma thread.

Hi Ann,

Maybe a better place is to take them directly to the Technical Help thread.

We now have Ellies at Gowrie Grin

By: Anonymous: CJ () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:06 AM EST  

Ellies ~

Click on image to download

By: eiguoc (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM EST  
eiguoc

2 elles came for a visit.
then another

its snow in Toronto

Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:21 AM EST  
Anonymous: slygirl

Morning Gang! Jigga is sick this morning, and I should be at the laundry - ah geez!

Quote by: BBE

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to not show all the smileys / emoticons? I know two members from the 'old' forum for whom the 'action' ones may trigger a migraine headache. And I get quite nauseated with them there when I am posting. For me to post I am going to have cover that side of my screen or not post. There was a rule on the 'old' forum about animated items - not allowed.

The smilies bother me, too, BBE...way too many of them, and way too many 'noisy' ones. The page is SO WIDE that it's easy to hide them by sliding the page over. Which brings me to another irritation...The page is SO WIDE that with it 'restored down', so I can fit it and the cam, I can't see the entire posting area, so I can't see what I'm posting. This is going to make it impossible when it comes to posting observations for Eagle activity. It was tough last night, and not much happened here!!!

2. Will we ever be able to see several posts while we are typing? I had to bring up a second screen in order to follow the how to post an attachment instructions.

The only way I was able to view all the other posts on the page while I was posting, was when I was quoting someone else's post, like now (and then the posts are in DESCENDING ORDER - just the way I like them! CORRECTION: sorry...I was wrong about this. I am able to see the other posts on the page when I'm typing a new post, as well as when quoting...and may I repeat...they are in DESCENDING ORDERWink, and they are below the post box...but you have to slide the page over to be able to scroll thru them, BBE!!!!

And...about the link you left CJ, about the mysterious ''box"...it just brought me to the top of page #2...same with the link you dropped, BBE Puzzled

On that note, I am taking myself off to bed.

Night all.

Lots of this new place is most discouraging...it's one thing if you are just posting, say in an area where a cam isn't being watched at the same time. But we are all about watching and posting at the same time here at Djuma and at the Eagle Cam threads...so it's going to come to a time when frustration gets the better of some of us.

Herman on just now to tell us the Jigga is still not feeling well, and the guys are working on her! I've GOT to get a move on...see you all later on wave

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:35 AM EST  
Anonymous: slygirl

Quote by: eiguoc

...Does it seem like there is less on a page....

I wish I could bookmark this thread like before & put it on shortcut so it comes right to here instead of having to sign in everytime. Even when bookmarked after signing it it goes to main page. My only complaint.

Hi Pat wave

You can adjust the number of post you can view on a page in your account settings. I have mine set for 25.

And I've got the Djuma thread bookmarked to my FireFox toolbar...brings me right to the thread without having to 're-sign' in. If you use FireFox, remember to bookmark it while you're signed in, it will take you to page #1, but you won't have to sign in again!

Really leaving this time!!! wave

By: eiguoc (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM EST  
eiguoc

Possible drive in 10 min. I found I had to sign in the next new day. Will check setting. YEY Patrick is back

Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: CJ () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:47 AM EST  

Hi Sly & Pat wave

They are up and running and seeing Francolins and their chicks. Oh my, I have to get ready and get off to Don't Panic

By: eiguoc (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 11:31 AM EST  
eiguoc

They are on their way to some lions. Apparently one is laying in some bushes at Gowrie

Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:03 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate