https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > H.W.F. Social Events
 FledgeFest 2015 at Harrison Mills
 |  Printable Version
By: Heather (offline) on Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 04:40 AM EDT  
Heather

After our lunch, a brief speech from David, and a song performed by Judy B and her husband, we all headed outside to say our good byes. Just as I was about to pack my camera up, my husband called me back over to the front of the restaurant. He pointed in the direction of a late coming visitor.

I'm assuming this is one of the parents of the two soon to be fledglings! He/she flew over everyone's heads before settling in a tree right in front of the entrance of the restaurant.
Click on image to download

What a wonderful way to end a wonderful lunch!

Again, it was good to see everybody. I wish we had a little more time to catch up with all of you. Hopefully we'll see you all at the Festival in November!!
Hugs
Heather

aka shrub

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 11:32 AM EDT  
elle

Good morning! Long, fun day yesterday and great to see friends and make new ones and get to know some of our members better.
A HUGE thank you to Darlene/lovesthebabies.
A HUGE hug to Annemie Wink
Sharon, your name tags were beautiful and you were missed! I fully expected to see you there.
David hug
JudyB and Charlie: Ian recorded most of the song you sang on Charlie's camera. I hope you upload it when you get home for all to see. Enjoy the rest of your trip here on the West Coast and maybe see you again before you head east.
If I list people's names I will invariably miss someone so I won't do that. Just great to see everyone!

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 12:19 PM EDT  
stim

I see the summary of FF 2015 has begun well with some good commentary to describe a bit of our day. Since pictures of our eaglets and parent have begun with some wonderful shots and I know how some await shots of fellow eagle lovers here I go.
I apologize for any names and pictures of people left out. This was before the second wave of HWF friends arrived, standing on the path from restaurant to nest tree. It is a magnificent tree.
Awaiting the wing show.

From left to right: mmud, Marg/sunshinecoast, Earl/Mr. sunshinecoast, Ellen, Gary, son of /Sunshinecoast, behind Gary with binoculars is son of Yolande/yojopro, (I know what he's looking at!) in front is JudyB talking with Bev/IrishEyes who was able to join us that way, Charlie husband of JudyB, Yolanda/yojopro in the striped top, Pat, Archie/husband of Daye/maisie and Daye.
If I have made errors please let me know and they will be corrected!

David and Karen have joined us with a few more friends. David in the middle pointing something out to Mark, son of Marg/sunshinecoast, Karen handing out name ids in white, marjy2u, Linda P, Lisa, Heather/shrub and Stuart husband of Heather/shrub. Is that you Jean/mjb behind Heather? I'm sorry I didn't talk with the lady in the green who was with Ed.

In this shot I think we are adding Ed on the left hidden by greenery. My husband was there off the beaten path looking at old rusted machinery. Grin

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: marjy2u (offline) on Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 12:26 PM EDT  
marjy2u

I also had a great time and met some new friends, as well as catching up with others I hadn't seen in a while. Lunch was delicious and it was great to watch the babies on the screen in the dining room. I think they were tired after showing off for us earlier, though, as they seemed to be enjoying an afternoon nap. Wink

Thank you so much, Scott and Heather, for sharing all your wonderful photos to commemorate the event. I am amazed that you were able to get the quality of shots that you did, given that the visibility was limited. Definitely needed those huge lenses of yours to get in that close.

JudyB, it was such a pleasure to meet you and it's wonderful that you and hubby were able to travel from so far away to attend!

Looking forward to seeing many of you again in November.

Forum

BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Steamer (offline) on Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 02:22 PM EDT  
Steamer

Wonderful day yesterday Nodding yes

Really great to meet some old friends and finally put some faces with the forum names in the flesh Smile

Loved the song Judy and Charlie and seeing the adult perched close by near the entrance of the restaurant as we all left I took as a sign...at good sign Cool

Thanks for the excellent pictures of that special moment Heather Left thumb up

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 03:07 PM EDT  
Jean

12:01pm..................It was great to see so many faces yesterday at FF out in Harrison Mills. I was snapping general pictures.............here are a few. I don't know everyone's names..........so will simply post the photos for you to see.

There are 2 here........do you see them? Driver and Putter.

Larry.

Diana in the middle, Karen Wheatley to the right.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 03:14 PM EDT  
Jean

12:09pm..........David and Karen.

Annemie and Stan.

Judy.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 03:24 PM EDT  
Jean

12:19pm............Betty Anne and Marg talking to PatB in England via Skype.

Judy, Yolande, Yolande's son..........Linda Lucas and Patti Chabot.

TV screen in the restaurant showing Putter and Driver on the branches outside their nest.

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:32 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate