Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary - Enmax 2015
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Wednesday, April 15 2015 @ 11:26 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

This is fantastic news! Wow, it made my day/night/evening/tomorrow/week/month.....you name it!
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: BET (offline) on Wednesday, April 15 2015 @ 11:29 PM EDT  
BET

DKY et al

Here is the current comparison image

Click on image to download

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, April 16 2015 @ 02:24 AM EDT  
Bluebird1

Looks like the gang's all here!! Good spotting, Christine that's two out of two for you this year! And I'm glad you were here too Ernie and DKY.

I goofed and decided to watch the Flames first playoff game in five years and didn't turn the computer on until nearly 11 pm so I missed the party, but I am overjoyed to hear the good news of Mom's arrival tonight and happy most of of you came in to see her. Thanks for your posts and s'caps, I can stop worrying now.

After yesterday's snow which stayed in my yard until mid-afternoon it was a lovely day today and so much nicer for Mom to come home to. And that was sweet of Dad to greet her with a fish, I'm sure he was more relieved than we were.

It's great for Dad's sake that he didn't have to fend off the pesky crows and magpies too long on his own. He may have had worse soon asthe bird line said that another osprey was sighted on the platform at Sarcee and Glenmore Rd. a few days ago.

I agree with you BET that Dad has a penchant for placing sticks behind the platform and perhaps extending the nest a bit as they have in past years. It won't take the two of them long to rebuild the nest now. "Happy days are here again." Grin Hip Hip Very Happy

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: ErnieL (offline) on Thursday, April 16 2015 @ 06:40 AM EDT  
ErnieL

***I didn't actually see her fly in, she was on the nest standing there when I happened to look at my monitor. First glance I thought it was Daddy-O but something didn't look right. I couldn't find the white in the middle of the black spot on the head & there was signs of dark breast feathers. I thought it might be due to fading light but while I was posting the question he showed up with the answer.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: ErnieL (offline) on Thursday, April 16 2015 @ 06:43 AM EDT  
ErnieL

Quote by: DKY

Yippee! This made my night. I'm not an experienced watcher but I'm guessing that we don't need "iris scans" to confirm this is Mom - based on her returning to the nest and the easy acceptance by Dad. ? would this be right?

***I don't think there's any doubt but I haven't done any comparisons either.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, April 16 2015 @ 09:33 AM EDT  
jkr

Thursday April 16, 2015

Well I am beyond ecstatic to see that Mom arrived home. I wish I had had time to check the forum last night to catch up on the news instead of worrying whether or not she would arrive home.
I can't thank you all enough for the reports and screen captures Big hugs This made my day !

7:32 a.m.
Not that she has turned around so I could have a full view of her but I'm pretty confident this is Mom rearranging sticks.

7:39 a.m.
Dad joined Mom on the nest to enjoy the morning sunlight, and there is not a crow or magpie in sight, thank goodness.

7:49 am
Dad took off across the river.
With the slow autofocus on this camera it looked like two osprey leaving -- one on the nest and one already half way across the river-- but once the focus adjusted it was just Dad. With the autofocus problem we're bound to have a few out of focus images because it apparently happens when there is action.

7:50 am
Dad returned with a long stick. He took a moment to place it and fly off once again. Mom has been standing watching him in action. She's having a well deserved rest after her long journey.

7:54 am
Dad was back with another stick. Once he landed and moved the sticks around he promptly lost his latest acquisition over the side. I can only imagine how many sticks will be laying on the ground by the time he's done. I feel bad for him. Hugs Dad.

7:59 am
He's in and out with a new stick each time. He's going to need a well deserved fish soon.

At one point Dad moves a long stick in front of Mom. It seemed his intention was to place it where she was standing but she wasn't giving him an inch. He soon gave up and left it where it was.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, April 16 2015 @ 10:17 AM EDT  
jkr

8:16 am
More sticks. I can't keep up with him.

8:35 am
Mom has a turn at trying to find a fit for a long bent branch after Dad had no luck with it.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Ferenz (offline) on Thursday, April 16 2015 @ 10:22 AM EDT  
Ferenz

Glad to have them back

Ferenz, Berlin (Germany)

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate