The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary - Enmax 2015
 |  Printable Version
By: Janet Preston (offline) on Wednesday, April 22 2015 @ 06:35 PM EDT  
Janet Preston

3pm MST A very fleeting pass by the nest. Goodness it looked like half a tree up there !!! Dad at the front, Mom and the back. Wish I could have seen that being delivered. Love reading everyones updates, Thank you !!
Oh the pole is not crooked, it was me, no time to set up the tripod.
Click on image to download

"Laughter is Gods' sunshine"
Forum

Calgary

Profile     PM

By: BET (offline) on Wednesday, April 22 2015 @ 07:52 PM EDT  
BET

Hi All!

Janet, thank you again! Wonderful photos. They do show the bark very nicely too.

I had recorded the day while I was gone. I have the delivery etc of the bark and here are the best 3 images. Most of the event was triple exposed. I wish they would do something to fix it, but I have the feeling they don't really care.

Dad brought the bark in. He and Mom both worked on the end - couldn't move it at first as Dad was standing on it. roadrunner Then he picked it up by the other end and moved it to the wall where it being nicely curved, fit nicely

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: ErnieL (offline) on Wednesday, April 22 2015 @ 09:39 PM EDT  
ErnieL

***Nice clear pictures. Thanks. For a nest that started out looking so crude it has really taken shape. It's a work of art!!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, April 23 2015 @ 12:14 AM EDT  
Bluebird1

Quote by: ErnieL

***Nice clear pictures. Thanks. For a nest that started out looking so crude it has really taken shape. It's a work of art!!

I agree, Ernie. All it needed was a woman's touch. You bring in the sticks, Laddie, and I'll do the rest, and Supermom did, and it was good. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

Thank you, Janet and Bet for capturing the bark! Bravo I was a minute too late looking in and gasped when I saw them wrestling with it. I have to salute Dad for that. I noticed he was bringing in a few bigger branches lately but that was amazing! What a thing to witness Janet, so glad you were there. Cloud 9

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, April 23 2015 @ 08:07 AM EDT  
jkr

Thursday April 23, 2015

Good Morning Calgary .

TODAY
Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. High 15C

TONIGHT
Becoming partly cloudy near midnight. Low 2C

I love the bark delivery pics and posts. Thank you all so much. Wish I'd been here to see Dad deliver something that size. I can just imagine the sight that must have been with him in mid air having a monster piece of bark dangling from his talons.

5:57 am
Through all the pixels Sad Dad flew in and mated with Mom as soon as I brought the camera up.

6:28 am
Mom has been standing mid nest watching the river. Dad hasn't returned since the mating.
And...the camera finally cleared up for the time being.

6:34 am
A crow just flew close to the nest. Mom watched but didn't seem too upset by it.

I'm concerned about all the crows in the area this year. If any of you watched the Sidney eagle nest a few years ago we watched a crow land and steal an egg within a split second of Mom Sidney leaving her nest. I hope we don't have the same story play out here.

6:38 am
Dad returned to the nest with the small tail portion of a fish. He came in from the right of the nest with his feet out of view so I didn't notice it on the fly in, but as soon as he landed he proceeded to pull it off his foot. Mom didn't seem all that hungry but she finally took the fish which wasn't much more than a morsel.

6:42 am
Both adults have flown off.

6:53 am
Nest is still empty.

7:02 am
Mom returned to the nest and immediately began working on the nest.

7:03 am
Dad returned and began helping Mom. These two make a great pair.

7:38 am
Mom has been alone for the majority of the past half hour.

8:19 am
I've been away from my computer but returned see that Dad is home --- then he promptly flew off at 8:20.

8:21 a.m.
Mom flew off -- Empty nest.

8:25 am
Mom's back.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Thursday, April 23 2015 @ 10:23 AM EDT  
lilywriter

God morning all,

I have been having a lot of problems with the forum so it is nice to see the pages load this morning which gave me a chance to see catch on all the goings on. Great pictures, great s'caps, and great stories. Thank you.

I posted a question on the Enmax page asking if the camera's pixelation problems can be fixed. I used to have an email address for the camera people which I will see if I can find. If someone has one, let me know because I will add my friendly request for the camera to be fixed.

Have a great day everyone.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, April 23 2015 @ 10:30 AM EDT  
jkr

Good morning Christine.
We are sure hoping Ken can get the Hancock replacement server operational very soon. Doing the transfer of information/software into the server is taking forever.

I wrote to Enmax with the email address that BET shared a few days ago. It's webcoord@enmax.com
So far I haven't had a reply from them but if we all send them an email maybe they will finally acknowledge the problem. I don't know if they can fix the pixel problem but if not it would be nice of them to at least let us know.

8:41 am
Both on the nest.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Thursday, April 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM EDT  
BET

Morning All!

I really like the hopefully final placement of the bark. That river side corner has been worrying me as it was left open - no sticks and no grass. That nest arrangement occurred back in 08 (? - one of the early years of the cam operation) and the oldest chick kept trying to get to that edge to see the sights. She didn't fall in, but it was scary.

I will be gone again for a good part of today and tomorrow as well. I will keep the recorder running. If you note some interesting activity - note the time and post a message so when I skim through the recording, I will check out that time closely for good images to post.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:33 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate