Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary - Enmax 2015
 |  Printable Version
By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Sunday, April 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Hi Michelle. Byebye

I'm sorry that you can't get the feed as I'm having no trouble. Puzzled Perhaps those of us who came in earlier were able to make it.

Mom is on the nest at 11:50 am and has been for some time. Dad just was in for a mating attempt and it seemed more successful than an earlier try which ended up being only wishful thinking on Dad's part.

Mom remains gazing at the river in the lovely sunshine. Yes, I'm very glad whatever it was blew away.Grin

Enough of that!

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Sunday, April 19 2015 @ 09:20 PM EDT  
BET

7:15pm MDT

Well, the inability to log on to the forum was a source of major irritation today. So no posts from me 'til now

The nest bowl has been widened and lined with lots of grass
Click on image to download

Now there is room for two to cozy up and survey their territory.

Space invader - I couldn't see it but our paiir are actively watching it and beaks are opening and closing in what is most likely threats.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Sunday, April 19 2015 @ 10:24 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Yes, BET, we were all in the same boat with the forum down this afternoon. Sad Thanks, Ken, for getting it up and running once more.)

The nest is shaping up as Mom regains her strength and Dad is so eager to please. Wub

8:24 pm The two have been resting on the nest at last as of 8:06 pm. They seem to truly delight in one another's company and it is a joy to see. Smile

Dad flew off and returned with a stick two times. Mom didn't seem impressed as he tried to place them where she was standing. Grin

At 9:03 pm Mom did a bit of nest work and then left for the night. Good night

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: amd (offline) on Monday, April 20 2015 @ 12:50 AM EDT  
amd

Good evening everyone,

I totally agree with you JD, these two are like two peas in a pod, they truly enjoy each other so very much.....I had popped down
to view the nest this afternoon just after 3pm......I watched them come in to the nest, swirling so gracefully around the nest together,
it was like a dance ..... during the half hour that I was there, they remained quiet mostly, just heard a few quiet chirps at one point;
there were probably about 4 or 5 pairs of geese at different locations on the peninsula surrounding/below the nest, all happily taking turns at the
honking....I didn't see any crows, but I sure could hear a few "cawing" in the distance, probably hidden in the trees ....glad that they seem to have
pulled back from bothering Mom and Dad....now, the other osprey from earlier today, hopefully understands that this nest is off limits after today....

Today, while driving down by the Bow river, I noticed another couple of O's have arrived at the Memorial Dr./Crowchild Tr. platform/nest.....they are looking happy,
and Janet had mentioned to me about Mom returning to 22x nest...so they are definitely moving back into the area now....the Fish creek platforms (2 closest to Macleod Tr.) which are just a few blocks from where I live, still seem to be vacant, but I am sure not for long....

Thank you JD, Bet and Judy for the great reporting here, this nest is really coming along!

Michelle

Forum

Calgary, AB Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, April 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM EDT  
jkr

Monday April 20, 2015

Good Morning Calgary

6:34 a.m.
Dad home alone keeping an eye on the territory.

6:46 a.m.
Up and away.
One lifted off the nest and the other appeared to have come down from the camera pole. With the way the pictures break up it's hard to tell if there are multiple birds or one bird in multiple action. Isn't this what they call multi-tasking ? Grin
I sure do hope they can fix the camera issue so we aren't seeing multiples each time action takes place.

6:52 am
Back with a long thin branch. Puttered about for a moment then flew off once again.

7:04 am
Nest is still empty

7:08 am
Mom returned home.... then she's off and awhile later she returned with yet another long thin branch. She's really building up the crib rails this morning. No chick will escape this nest if she has a say in it.

7:59 a.m.
Mom's been standing on the nest after doing a bit of nest building. Not much else going on after all the branches were brought in.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Ferenz (offline) on Monday, April 20 2015 @ 10:08 AM EDT  
Ferenz

Ferenz, Berlin (Germany)

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, April 20 2015 @ 10:24 AM EDT  
jkr

8:23 am
Posting this s'cap only to show that they have both been accounted for this morning. Dad flew off at 8:24 and returned with another stick at 8:25 a.m.

8:33 a.m
Dad brought in a stick which looked to be at least two + feet long. Mom got up to help him maneuver it and it fell over the side before I could catch a shot of it.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Monday, April 20 2015 @ 12:11 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

wave

Good morning. It is a lovely day here and our osprey are taking advantage of it and building up the nest beautifully now, Thanks for the morning posts and s'caps, Judy and thank you also Ferenz for your s'cap.

10:04 am Mom is laying on her nest enjoying the warmth of the sun.Sunny Our nights are still cool and I still feel she hasn't regained her usual vitality. Dad has been busy bringing fresh branches and it's good to see Mom able to rest without any nest invaders at the moment. I must get busy here too. Byebye

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:31 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate