Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2015
 |  Printable Version
By: elle (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 03:01 PM EST  
elle

That was fabulous Jean! Thank you. If that were me in the boat I think I would have been terrified though. The transient Orcas are meat eaters. Oh My Whistling Resident Orcas are not. So awed I would not have been afraid ? I wonder. Anyway this could easily happen to us when we are kayaking. Wooh Or swimming! Yowza.

Yes, lots of tea but unfortunately green tea gives me a tummy ache ( took me years to figure that one out Roll eyes) so I drink red tea now ( rooibos) and lots of other types too. I am having chamomile right now and drinking lots of water. Lots of sleep, too. Last night 10:00 p.m. - 9 : 00 a.m. this morning! Yardley Dear catwas very happy to finally see her breakfast and she let me know she was a bit annoyed at having to wait so long.

roadrunner Sleeping in makes the morning disappear very fast........................Out

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 05:21 PM EST  
txelements

Dreary Day wave.......at least it got to 40 today.

Happy l2th, Doree; that's a long ride in your line of business.
I see we have 3 Atria facilities in the Dallas area. I agree with your thoughts on their expansion costs not including pay raises/overtime for their dedicated employees. Nodding yes

Carolyn & other kitty lovers; the day after Christmas techs at a local Lexus dealership removed a kitty stuck between the heat shield & grill of an RC Oh My. They had to cut the shield with metal snips to free it.
One of them adopted it & named it RC for Rescue Kitty. They also didn't charge the customer for the service call. Smile

I guess Cal & Bud took the hint, eh Scott? Titter

Jean & Sal........I went over to the old clocksworks tread looking for the FNC link & got lost reminiscing. Grin
My only disappointment was that the slide show links worked no longer. That would be great fun to watch again. Smile

elle, Jean's Fish: freaked me out just watching & imagining being in the situation. Wooh

I made a big mistake walking Culp Branch today. I took a trail that pooped out & decided to follow my nose. I easily found the lake shore & swung west but never could find the old road that led back to the truck. I didn't want to back track; that was tooooo far. Whistling

So, I just headed south, tromping thru where I could. I never got lost because I could see the lake & a very tall cell tower south of my house as well as hear the distant traffic. The upside is I found several more ponds, one with an old beaver lodge. The downside is I am worn slap out! Zeke has been "laid out" since we got back, too. Grin

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 06:19 PM EST  
nonniejean8

I just had a chat with Ed on FB. He gave me permission to share his art work here...said I was welcome to share anything he posted on FB. Smile

I chose two of his lovely oil paintings and copied his descriptions:

"Anna" oil on panel, 16"x20" A commission from Russia. I really enjoyed painting this, capturing a moment in time.

Click on image to download

For those that are experiencing the Summertime heat, a little something different I painted a few months ago... some may not have seen, Girls at Sea, oil on canvas.

Also thought you may enjoy seeing a picture of Ed and his 2 children, David and Anastasia...this was taken in 2011.

I told Ed about our HWF EA group and all the fun we share...also extended an invitation in hope he would join us. He was receptive to our invitation. Hope he will join us here soon soon...also tell us more about his radio program plans.

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Jean, Ed's pictures are superb. He and is family is precious! Thank you for including him.

Lynda, green tea is tricky. Hot gives me a stomach ache, cold does not. Brew a pot of it, then put in the refrigerator. It's yummy. It was my drink all over Japan (they do not drink sodas).
Green tea is in vending machines and each area has a different variety.

TX, your hike sounds like fun! I know getting lost is not always the best, but since you were not lost, it was good, right? I betcha Zeke loved it.

It is cold and rainy here. Judi, thanks for your sweet thoughts. Doreen, I am sorry your facility does not treat employees better. I went to the nursing home today...been in kind of a slump about that and also posting on the Forum, but forced myself in. It was a good visit with Jannice (pronounced Jennice). A few others were extremely happy to see Bleu too. We left uplifted.

Enjoy your Saturday evening everyone....smiles to you,
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 06:42 PM EST  
nonniejean8

The Orca video scared me too, elle-elle & Texie...when I saw the fin my first thought was SHARK! Then, of course. I worried the boat would be upended. Oh My

Glad you enjoyed it, Judy...brave soul you are, GF. Clapping

Oh My at you losing your trail today, Texie. Big hugs

Happy you are back home now...we have one of those Wintry Mixes falling here...sure wouldn't want to think about you being out in that! NO

The FNC link you were looking for is:

http://clockswork.nl/fridaynighters/

I think so too, Carolyn...have loved both those paintings from the moment I saw them last week.

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM EST  
txelements

Ed's art is beautiful, Jean. I especially loved the "from behind" canvas. I've always loved that sort.
What a beautiful family he has....the love glowed. Red Heart
Thanks for the FNC link. I don't have it on fav with Jess' laptop; not wanting to add anything. Hopefully by next Fri. I'll have ours back.

Yes, Jean & Carolyn, I was not lost, I just didn't know exactly where I was. Grin
We came out further east than I thought. Mike had dropped us off & ran a quick errand nearby. He was waiting up front & if need be I could have called & ask him to honk the horn.....Oh the shame. Titter

Not a drop of precip here & low will only be 32.

Iona, SDP mail call was another fun & interesting one this afternoon. Among other things they talked about all the volunteers & how invaluable they all are. Wub

Linda.......Hoping your quiet today due to another one of your great adventures. Nodding yes

Somewhat watching NFL playoffs here........Mike more so than me, but I do like a good game.

NestYas Big hugs

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 07:40 PM EST  
deewerms

Carolyn great tips for the cabinets, unfortunately, Snoopy went behind my dryer, then behind the stove, and that ends at behind the cabinets, is partially blocked by insulation wall, but this bruiser cat just pushed through it all, i'm hoping he was almost stuck behind stove and it scared him as he hasn't gone back there again Phew he is so nosey, beyond his name Titter jumped in the dryer today as i was unloading it, nice warm clothes Grin funny about the buttons with Lori and Eli, lucky they didn't swallow any or choke fingers crossed

Scott, ty on the congrats, been a long haul, started there full time and lot of OT also, same old story, always short those days too Roll eyes oh my, i better check my floor vents, think a couple are loose and lift easily Oh My hope they didn't read your post before i get to it. glad that all the bears got straw this year too, it is so extremely cold there. great update and pics. so, Lucky wouldn'y share his den with Holly, what nerve! he is sleeping in her old den, so she probably thought there wasn't a den for her, sure hope she is toasty warm in there fingers crossed

Jean, ty, and how true, how many of us read any manuals way back then, then i turned opposite and read on many internet forums and learned as much as i could absorb, taught myself quite a lot, now can most of the times fix my own pc. stay warm, if you can Wink what beautiful oil paintings by your friend on fb, Ed, just gorgeous. Red Heart he and his children very nice looking also. his talent is beyond words Nodding yes

ty Judi, my cats didn't open the cabinet door, entered from another route, read post to Carolyn above, long story. Snoopy would probably chew the elastics off anyway, he is a troublemaker, period. Grin i'll just have to accept it and hope he calms down. this is still all new to him, having rooms to wander about. hope your mom is better soon, fingers crossed i had my pneumonia shot this year too, every five i believe, very important, and i have my Spiriva inhaler for nighttimes, COPD and emphazema from smoking Sad to translate Anna's words in fb, i rght click and click translate, and it puts it in english, most of the times, you have a translater with Bing or whatever you chose. try it out. glad you are feeling better

Elle, sleeping late must be going around, true, makes the day seem much shorter, but feels so good Cloud 9 hoping you'll be back to yourself quickly fingers crossed

Naoma, good to read there are still nice people in the world, lucky RC that he didn't get killed in the motor Oh My ty, has been long ride, mostly good but when new people takeover and start rearranging everybody's lives, well, not too many happy faces left there. quite the adventureous walk you had, Z and you should sleep like babies tonight Nodding yes nice though that you found more ponds and a beaver lodge Left thumb up

have a good evening everyone, and sleep well Byebye

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 08:42 PM EST  
anna-holland

Judy, " Gees I wonder how Anna and Ruud are as they haven't been on Facebook just to promote Ruud's new web page which I can't read a lic because its not in English very embarrassedShh don't tell anyone I only speak 1 language Oh the shame
Titter"

I am almost every day on facebook....Ruud to, but he don`t post often. Ruud`s new website , he has a translation button on the right upper side. Thanks for your resevation with text I need a translation ( lol ) . We don`t translate everything ....because people who want to make a appointment with Ruud are often Dutch Nodding yes ( and most friends are Dutch in Holland Puzzled ) Byebye

Jean, I saw the paintings he is so good Nodding yes

Almost still here, last visiters from the neighbors are going slowly to their home , just not creep Roll eyes

Good night

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:59 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate