The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2015
 |  Printable Version
By: mmud (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 05:44 PM EST  
mmud

Cute "chilly" icons Jean. Titter
I do remember Ed at Ruud & Anna's EL show. I would try to drop in when I can once he's up and running. Smile

Beautiful pics of the eagle, red squirrel, and the tug on the freezing Illinois River Linda. Smile
The cold isn't too bad, but with a strong wind like that it's extremely hard to stay out for long.

Hopefully the rain doesn't turn into an ice storm Carolyn. They're still cleaning up here after our minor one.
So many trees with broken branches but no damage to any of the nests I've visited recently. Smile

Nice that you were able to keep relatively warm on yesterday's walk Naoma. Smile
I didn't realize that feral pigs were such a problem. Watched part of some reality show about the guys hunting them.
I've switched dentists since the golden crown and it was a lot more costly to get it than to remove it. Yesterday wasn't a great deal of fun but my mouth feels pretty good today. Grin
Cool vid explaining the Alberta Clipper et al.

Thanks for another update on J 50 elle. Pretty cool that another orca helped with her delivery. Mother nature is quite amazing. Smile

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: Iona (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 06:04 PM EST  
Iona

Hi Nesties

Naoma since you don't have your laptop, I'm not sure if you have seen SDP's newest addition

Wanda, on Laura's lap during mailcall

Click on image to download

Chardon Ohio
35 miles south east of Cleveland

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 07:38 PM EST  
txelements

Jean.....it appears we get the colder end of the clipper than our BC friends do. Grin
I didn't know Ed was an artist; hope he'll let you share his work with us. Nodding yes

elle, feel better soon, & I love your touching story of J. Red Heart
They will never admit to fault or damage from the fracking. If you recall, the citizens of Denton just miles south of me & north of DFW, ban it in last Nov.'s vote. They were the first to do so in tx & & less than 12 hours later 2 law suites were filed.
From Ballotpedia........"One was filed by the Texas Land Office and a separate suit was filed by the Texas Oil and Gas Association" More are expected to follow.

On another note........The Keystone XL pipeline from Canada to the Gulf that the Senate voted down last year had already started construction in OK & Tx. I'm guessing they still expect victory & just view that as a set back. Why else would they spend so much money "before" it was approved?

(((Iona)))......I just read of Wanda today. I'm so happy she found Crazy Acres to give her a home.
I had a black lab once I named Wanda because "she wondered up" one day & I could not find the owner. Smile

The laptop's part has now been ordered. How ridiculous this process has been. I was told that Costco will replace their electronic products on the spot if they fail in the first year. I wish I'd bought it there. Nodding yes
Jess left her laptop here for us which I greatly appreciate. It does have a different touch & takes longer to use due to "operator error". Grin

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 08:34 PM EST  
deewerms

my 12th year anniversay with my place of work today the 9th, Atria assisted living, they are building 30 new places in Canada right now but telling us how broke they are with no over time allowed, like i care! haha, hardly can do my 2 days a week lately, they are all over the country with many facilities in some states, like Texas.

Elle, hope you are feeling better soon. good you are just resting as much as you can, and drink plenty of fluids. J50 so cute, and interesting about the midwife orca Clapping wish for you to feel brand new by tomorrow Left thumb up and i think the health reports are the most important too, like you, for sure, little things like frozen pipe can be fixed so i am grateful every day. Left thumb up

Judi hope you and you mom are feeling better soon also. lots of fluids will help you also Left thumb up

Carolyn, the cats sure do never stop snooping around, sometimes causing grief too Wink but they are worth it, i guess Chin

Naoma, good to see you can post at night and hope they fix your pc soon, maybe cheaper to get another one if problems continue, they are very reasonable now, but do hope you can get yours back soon fingers crossed i would love 37 right now, have to wash tomorrow and dread carrying my laundry back in when it's wet, heavy, in the cold, i have no washer but have my own dryer, so hate using theirs and paying. hope it's warmer. cute and good video Thank You

Scott, ty for great bear update, wonder why no hay this year (that i can see) in Ted's and Lucky's den? thought they had lots last year, know Holly did for sure Grin couldn't even see her at times

Jean, love that song, thanks love can't leave the cabinet door open much now that i have the lovely kitties, in fact, Snoopy is the cause i believe of my frozen drain pipe, got back there in corner and pushed all the loose insulation on top of the drain pipe running along the floor back there my landlord told me caused the problem, i had it on floor back there cause i can't use that space, is too deep, so insulated floor a bit and never had a pipe freeze, but we did have wicked cold that night, -4 or so and 40-50mph wind! so not shocked pipe froze really, we rarely get so bad. Oh the shame like your little guy shibbering, am borrowing it, ok Grin

Linda, pipes are up inside trailor mostly hidden by carpenter, who boxed them in but ends are able to get heat, so get to stay warm mostly, just was too cold that night, plus cat disturbed and piled loose insulation on top of water drain pipe stopping heat from reaching it, little stinker gets there by squeezing behind fridge and dryer and then stove, ends up in cabinet, is an older mobile home. awe, love the pics, eagle, squirrel and tug boat. Wub

Iona, Wanda very cute Wub

wave Anna, Annie, Rose, Dede, Laurie, Kathy, Bev, Starr, Candy, Gord, and everyone, enjoy your evening and sleep well Byebye

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 10:41 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi All!

Doreen, I child proof my house with cats around. My thoughts on the kitchen sink is a child guard latch to close that cabinet so they cannot explore it. Another simple trick which costs virtually nothing is take a thick rubber band and loop it tightly over the knobs so it can not be opened by kitties.

One of the funniest images I can give you is when Lori was younger walking into my bedroom and seeing her playing with the button jar from my sewing cabinet which she opened. Eli was helping her as after all he is the helpful older brother. The buttons were everywhere! I wish I had taken a picture before cleaning it up. Well, that lead to an intricate system of ties to keep her out of the cabinet and to this day I have it on it for the cats to not get to the spools. They are so inquisitive and sometimes, yes sometimes, you wonder how they always out think you. Smile

Good luck Doreen....your facility sounds like a typical mess.

Good night to all of you!
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: mmud (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 10:55 PM EST  
mmud

Nice s'cap of Wanda with the group Iona. Smile

Costco does have a great replacement policy for electronics Naoma. HP (& probablay Dell) do things a little differently seeming not to care much about what is best for their customers. Smile
I think we all run into the "operator error" issue now and then. Titter

Congrats on 12 years with Atria Doreen. Smile
All of the bears were given plenty of straw except for Holly. She was giving plenty of leaves for her natural den.
Cats do like to explore anywhere they can find access to or anything that isn't in it's normal spot. I got up one morning to see the cat had pried up one of the floor vents but thankfully didn't crawl in. That woulda been fun trying to get him out of that. Titter

Cute story about Lori & the buttons Carolyn. Good plan to child proof everything from the kitties too. Titter

Suspense in a Treetop - UPDATE January 9, 2015

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: mmud (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 03:00 AM EST  
mmud

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Saturday ~ January 10, 2015

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM EST  
nonniejean8

wave Deep Freeze Friends...

Additional cold day photos, Linda Left thumb up...amazing how the tugboat & barges make any progress on the frozen Illinois River. Oh My

Nice the freezing rain skipped you yesterday, Carolyn...expecting some in our area today. Sad

Texie ~ Funny how humidity makes such a difference in how 32 feels in Texas v/s Colorado. Nodding yes
Have walked with just a light jacket, in CO, with that temp...felt nice...not so nice in TX.
Operator Error is a fact of life that originated with birth of the computer. Sadly, few took time to read the handbook...including me. Whistling

Oil companies will not admit to anything here, elle~elle...that was our seismologists talking.
Thought you may enjoy seeing this Orca encounter:

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/p ... en-dinghy/

Happy the cavern in your mouth is feeling better, Scootie. Big hugs
My dad always told me I'd grow a gold tooth in mine if I didn't poke my tongue in the empty space...danged mind of its own tongue...no gold tooth for me. Titter
Wub Suspense in a Treetop Wub

Crazy Acres welcomes Wanda...thanks for sharing, Iona
Clapping Congratulations Clapping on 12 years at your workplace, Red Heart Doree Red Heart
You're welcome to snag any little guys I post here...big ones too. LOL

Nice chatting with you last nite, Sal. Big hugs

Stay warm, Friends...

Big hugs

Byebye

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:01 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate