That is a wonderful video.

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 06:27 AM EST  
nonniejean8

wave NestieGang..
Still here, but no complaints...my den is toasty warm. Smile

And no more earthquake complaints outta me...not after realizing you're between two major faults, SweetSilver...and after reading about your 4.8 shaker.elle~elle. Oh My

Linda, your “Arctic” pictures are amazing...so are you, GF for being able to withstand those sub zero temps in order to get them. Clapping

Yep, Carolyn, Mother Earth has been known to pack a wallop when the non listeners mess with her too often...and rightly so. Nodding yes

Annie ~ “Snow Fleas” Video Camera was great...I shared it on my FB page...thanks, GF.

Texie ~ This, “arctic air” has grabbed my attention...sure hate to see the freezing rain predicted to accompany it starting tomorrow. Roll eyes
“Cricket Chirps: Nature's Thermometer”...interesting...but NO for me...not as long as I can click on the weather channel, GF. Whistling
How long did it take you to defrost, after your brave hike in the cold today? Puzzled

Pray your Sweet Mom is over the flu soon, Judy.

Glad y'all enjoyed the cricket recording...another beautiful part of the Symphony of Earth we are blessed to hear with the help of today's technology.

Thanks for sharing, “Newborn orca J50”, elle~elle..
Hope you're feeling better soon, GF. Big hugs

Iona, sending you a very warm Big hugs, GF.

Red Heart Doree Red Heart, hope that, “darn kitchen drain pipe” stays flowing for you.
Have you tried leaving the cabinet door propped open so the house heating will get in there (not enough so the kitties can get in there)...
Or leaving a small lamp (regular..not an energy saver bulb) on in there when temps are expected to be so low? Those things work here.

That's okay about the tree, Scootie...we'll just dub it an evergreen, since it still has leaves this time of year.
I'd stay snug in my den too, if I were a bear...smart creatures....electric blankets would help too, if I were a bear. Smile

Do y'all remember Ed (from Houston, Texas) from our EL's show chat sessions?
Ed and I are Friends on FB now...he was telling me about starting his own radio show soon...set up much like Ruud's.
Told him I would pass the info & link along here...soon as he has it up and running.
I am excited about this and look forward to joining in the chat during the show...hope many of you will be too.

Think I'll mosey on over closer to the fire...all that snow at WRI has me shib-berrr-ing!

Stay warm Friends and enjoy your day...

Big hugs

Byebye

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 08:32 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Good Morning Friends, Sounds like some of us are still in the Freeze. Sorry Doreen to hear about your frozen pipes. You have had some might cold temps for sure and snow. Are your pipes wrapped under your mobile home?

Lynda, sorry to hear you have been under the weather. I hope you are feeling better today. Earthquake in Tofino, one of my favorite area. NO

Scott, Titter "Your Dentist went Gold digging". I hope his digging was not to painful. Nodding yes

Annie, Who would think "Snow Fleas"! Wooh

Jean, Carolyn, and Naoma, I hope the shaking has stopped my friends and your weather warms up soon. Snow

Thanks to all for your comments on the cold photo shoot. The real killer is the 30 miles an hour frigid winds hitting me in the face. I stay close to my car and out in the cold for short periods. My eyes water so bad from the cold I have a hard time seeing my subject. Grin

Here are a few from yesterday.
Click on image to download

Red Squirrel eating breakfast and warming up in the bright sun.

Tugboat and barges heading up the frozen Illinois River

Hugs and Love to all, have a great day and stay safe and have fun along the way. Heading to work today, no weekend work so far this month. Big hugs

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 10:42 AM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Morning.......

Linda, your pictures are breathtaking! Must be kind of like the weather? The red squirrel is my favorite, albeit how could I not love the eagle. He, though is so cute.
Don't get too cold now. Your slogan at the bottom of your post is my favorite.....I am known as a "wanderer". I have a t-shirt to prove it!

Lynda, Jean, earthquakes are not the best fun, be careful. I know Lynda, yours was in Tofino and remember how pretty it is. Yes, messing with mother earth is not smart

Cold and rainy here today, could have been freezing rain, so happy it's just this.Hopefully the Dallas area won't freeze, makes getting around on the elevated highways up there next to difficult.

Doreen, that frozen pipe was the pits! Glad it is better now, and of course the kitty got into stuff, that is what they do. Smile

Snow fleas, gold digging, very diverse subjects. Miss Pebbles gives you a big kitty Hi. Bleu is snoozing.
Catch you later!
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: txelements (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 01:17 PM EST  
txelements

Hello Friday......our high is to be 37 today; I'll take it with a smile. My walk yesterday was good as I dressed properly & tried to stay out of the direct wind. No pics Scott, but I did see what I believe to be feral pig tracks. Wooh They tend to be active at night but I'd sure hate to walk upon a sleeping sounder of them.
That must have been an expensive "dig" especially since first he charged you to put it in, then charged you to take it out. I hope you at least got some NOS out of the experience. LOL

I can't remember who discovered the cricket thermometer but i'm guessing it was a nature lover who had time on their hands. Grin

Wonderful World, Jean.......Red Heart
I dress so warm for my cold walks that before long i'm unzipping the outer jacket. I've never walked below 32 deg. & I stay in the woods & would not be able to do it in the open & gale force winds. NO
Also, the walking activity gets the warmth flowing. Smile

Light bulb lamps (no shade) work great in small pump houses for the water wells.

I do remember Ed. How in the world did you come across him on the WWW?

Most gorgeous bald eagle & squirrel, Linda. Bravo
Amazing what the tugs can handle. Nodding yes

We could use the rain, Carolyn. For now they are not expecting any troubles from icy accumulations.

I found this l 1/2 min. vid. interesting on the weather channel this morning.
Up Close & Personal with an Alberta Clippper

NestYas wave

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 02:21 PM EST  
nonniejean8

Quote by: txelements

I do remember Ed. How in the world did you come across him on the WWW?

Ed is also friends with Ruud on FB, Texie.

He saw my reply one to of Ruud's posts...

Sent me a PM and asked me if I was the same, "Jean" from Ruud's radio show chats...

Told him I was and he sent me a Friend Request.

So nice getting acquainted with him...seeing his two young children - a son and daughter, and learning more about him.

He's a bachelor...quite handsome...not sure if widowed or divorced...and way too young for me...drat it! Titter

He is so nice and an amazing artist...may ask him if I can share one of his oil paintings here.

Re: Your Video Camera ~ So nice of Alberta to share their Clipper with us...NOT. Whistling

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 02:58 PM EST  
elle

wave Still feeling a bit nauseous at times Sad All part of the January cleanse and detoxification process I expect. Roll eyes

Naoma: I heard that about crickets determining the temperature before. Amazing.

New Orca baby girl was likely delivered with the help of another orca " midwife". How cool is that! And she is hanging around with her grandmother a lot. So wonderful.
J 50

Well fracking is not the cause of our earthquakes here. We live on a fault. We know it. We live with it. The San Andreas fault is connected with Annie i in California too. And the Pacific Plates and all that. But we do have fracking elsewhere in BC as is Scott's bugaboo and rightly so! It is a nasty business. Evil Doubt the oil companies in Texas will admit to that.

Dee: Your year is not starting out as hoped! Except the really good news is your health report is excellent. And that is the most important thing.

judi: You too!

Byebye

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:02 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate