nonniejean8

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 03:33 PM EST  
elle

Yes we had another earthquake near here yesterday.

4.8 Earthquake in Tofino

Jean: That cricket recording is divine. It would be nice to listen to when meditating and/ or before going to sleep. I found it very soothing.

I have not been feeling well for the last few days so I am taking it easy and spending a lot of time sleeping. Not respiratory. I do have to go out today for a short jaunt though so hope I can manage.

Love and hugs to all Red Hearthug

Oh and by the way. The recent Orca birth is a girl. Smile

J 50 is a girl

Out

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 04:14 PM EST  
txelements

Feel better, elle & your Mom too, JuD Big hugs

Jean.....
beautiful cricket choir. Smile

Here's another interesting fact; the idea has been around since about 1900.
From Farmers Almanac:

Cricket Chirps: Nature's Thermometer

To convert cricket chirps to degrees Fahrenheit, count number of chirps in 14 seconds then add 40 to get temperature.

Example: 30 chirps + 40 = 70° F

To convert cricket chirps to degrees Celsius, count number of chirps in 25 seconds, divide by 3, then add 4 to get temperature.

Example: 48 chirps /(divided by) 3 + 4 = 20° C

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Iona (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 04:41 PM EST  
Iona

HI Nesties

I'm just trying to stay warm here. Was -1 when I got up and is now a big 7.

Doreen Want to let you NCTC Cam is now working Full of snow right now, but someone had been in the nestbowl

Chardon Ohio
35 miles south east of Cleveland

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 08:47 PM EST  
deewerms

darn kitchen drain pipe, of all pipes, froze last night, thanks to -25 wind chill weather, had nephew here but couldn’t find where it froze, anyway, long story short I had to leave to go to oncologist apt, alls well, Left thumb up then got home and landlord, owners son, worked with me for 2 hours and he fixed it, I’m in a mess here with everything from under sink all over the place, but no leaks and the water drains now, thankfully Clapping back is sore from being way under the sink thawing pipe with dryer, but so happy the draining is fixed. will be short post tonight as i am very tired, and tomorrow have to start putting everything back under sink, after i fix the insulation Snoopy disturbed Sad and i love the Berry Collage eagles, i followed them silently on/off last year, they are so lovey to their chicks and to each other it is precious. i read all the posts and loved all the pics and vids too, and yes Iona, haven't had time to get back to NCTC to see new posts, hope to tomorrow, still freezing here so hoping no more pipe or drain woes. ty Scott for updates, and enjoyed your ride. and ty Linda for your pics, i see you and my weather close right now, stay indoors weather for me, my fingers really get numb fast will be free tomorrow fingers crossed and have more time, very tired now so goodnite friends and sleep well, and stay warm Left thumb up

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 11:24 PM EST  
txelements

Scott & BC et al.......It's hard to believe that Chilliwack weather is warmer (still cool) than the rest of us; even Tallahassee Florida. Wooh.

Doree.....may your pipes stay flowing. Nodding yes

Our temps are cold. Northwind steady. Took a 30 min. walk today in the Culp Branch Wildlife Management area closest to the house. Good to get out & somewhat clear the cabin fever; need more. It's an area bordering the lake from when they created Lake Ray Rob. I found 2 ponds covered in ice. There are remnants of homestead foundations, fences & other rememberies of "before the lake".

More tomorrie.........BearHugs All Around. Stay Warm, Luvies

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 02:24 AM EST  
mmud

Thanks for the tectonic plate map of Texas Jean. Good that the seismologists are saying some of the quakes are connected to the fracking process. That argument has been going on for over 30 years now and I doubt it's over yet. Titter
I do know that the tree you asked about is not a willow. I also know that it's green but you didn't want to be seconded on that. I can id more types of birds than I can trees. Smile
I liked the pose of the tree topping eagle too.
Interesting recording of the crickets "singing". I did a little reading on that and it has been going around for over 10 years in various manipulations and incarnations.

Beautiful pics of the frozen and freezing waters and wildlife Linda. Hopefully the temp. will get to a more comfortable level soon. Smile
Trumpeter Swans in flight are so pretty.

wave Carolyn

Great vid on the snow fleas Annie. I like the way he described them as miniaturized herds of bison grazing. Smile

It's too bad there aren't any wild bear den cams this year Naoma. It was often hilarious watching the cubs testing the skills they would later use in the outside world. Titter
As to the fracking, I'm always amazed when they say pumping all of those chemicals into the ground won't cause problems. Out of sight, out of mind I suppose.
I wonder who thought of using crickets to figure out what the temperature was.
The temp. here is supposed to be around 40 for the next couple of weeks. I did not use crickets to come to that conclusion tho. My brain just isn't working properly I guess. Grin
Looking forward to any pics you have from your walk today.

wave Judi

Hope you feel better soon elle. Smile
Thanks for the update on J50. She is such a little cutie.

wave Iona

Great to hear another appointment was all good news Doreen. Smile
Bummer about the frozen pipes and the clean up though. On the up side...it could have been worse.

My dentist went digging for gold today and struck it rich! My gold capped molar now sits on my dresser drawers. Titter

Behind the Scenes Tour - UPDATE January 8, 2015

Holly's den (from behind)
Click on image to download

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: mmud (offline) on Friday, January 09 2015 @ 03:00 AM EST  
mmud

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Friday ~ January 09, 2015

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:55 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate