You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2015
 |  Printable Version
By: mmud (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 02:49 AM EST  
mmud

Wow Jean! I hadn't heard about the earthquakes. Good to hear you're ok. Smile
Still must have been very scary. Thanks for the links. I hope that's the end of them.

wave Carolyn

Thanks for the Berry College Eagles first egg vid Iona. I hope you're well. Smile

Quite the jump in temperature Annie. Wooh
Sam must be a very sound sleeper if the earthquake didn't wake him. Titter

They're doing the same type of fracking in northern BC Judi. I don't think it will have any affect on us. When the big one hits here we'll know about it! Wooh
(It can hold off until I'm no longer here tho!) Titter

wave Naoma

Progress - UPDATE January 7, 2015

Holly in her den - Jan. 6, 2015
Click on image to download

Wednesday's drive

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: mmud (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 03:00 AM EST  
mmud

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Thursday ~ January 08, 2015

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 07:04 AM EST  
nonniejean8

Good Frosty Morning NestieLuvs
We have a nippy...or as a much loved Nestie once called it...nipply...17°F here.

Thanks for your comments and concern about the quaking in my area of North Texas. Big hugs

Annie ~ I believe I remember you telling about the one that had your pool water sloshing and bed rocking & rolling...scary.
Also remember thinking how happy I was not to be living in California. Little did I know there was no need for me to live there, as the quakes would soon be visiting my town.

Carolyn, Annie, Texie, Judy, & Scott ~ The seismologists  are now calling these, “man made quakes”...caused by “Fracking Disposal Wells”...not the act of drilling itself.

Quite a bit of that currently going on here...voted and approved by our City Council some years ago...against citizen complaints this very thing may happen.
Another strike against our, “we'll do it our way, like it or lump it” governing bodies.

Add the fact there is a fault line that runs from Irving/Dallas area down to San Antonio. It is called the Balcones Fault and it is the shaded area in purple:

Believe Irving is right smack dab over the epicenter of that little darlin. Whistling

Hearing/learning all this doesn't improve the situation...still just want the fracking and quaking to stop before enough damage is done we have a big one.

Thanks for letting us know about the Berry College Eagles first egg, Iona.

I enjoyed going along on Wednesday's Drive, Scott, thanks for the invite.
What type tree is that in 16th picture? Reminds me of a Willow...and please don't tell me it is a green tree. Titter
I enjoyed seeing all the pictures, and especially love that set of three...18th picture reminds me of a Christmas tree with a majestic Eagle topper. Red Heart

Wishing all a good day...

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 09:18 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Good Morning Friends, Stopping in to say hello from the Arctic!!!! Freezing sub zero temps here with the wind chill. Still got out yesterday, but time out of the car was limited. Still not many eagles, hoping to see more today. Ice sheets floating down the rivers and the Brussels Ferry closed. The Trumpeter Swans are finding some refuge at the Riverland migratory Bird Sanctuary. here are a few photos of what is happening in my neck of the woods.

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 09:29 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Jean, Very interesting man made earthquakes. I hope what ever is causing them, stops. Smile

Scott, I very much enjoyed your last outing photos. Left thumb up

I hope Doreen is doing alright in her neck of the Arctic!!!!

Have to run, hugs and love to all. Snow

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 09:35 AM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Morning.....

Beautiful Linda, albeit frigid for you.

Jean, Great explanation. The map is fascinating. I was putting in my mind places I have been and what is under the earth.
"Don't mess with Mother Earth".......no one listens.

Scott, Great drive and thanks for the bear report.

Annie, I slept through a quake in Japan when I was 16. It was not a big one or I guess I would have awakened.
Have a great day everyone not listed
Oh Iona, the Berry chick is a lovely gift.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 11:57 AM EST  
AnniesKatz

waveNestieLuvs

Judi, Sorry you're still fighting the flu GF. Sometimes they just miss with the vaccine like they did this year. They start working in February on the vaccine for the following flu season and since there are mutations, it just isn't always as effective as it could be.

Scott , Snow has fleas!Wooh Who knew! Just had to look them up and they are amazing little critters.

SnowSNOW FLEAS (Springtail).

Beautiful photo of the flying eagle...catch up with your drive first chance.

I knew you were really frigid there Linda but still you got most beautiful photos!

Jeannie, We are smack between two major faults. I fear the San Andreas most. I think about how geologists are always finding new fault lines and the danger they pose. There are too many to count in California they say. The largest quake here occured 63 years ago; fracking started after that.

Hi Carolyn, You must be a sound sleeper like Sam. The second coming wouldn't wake him.

Have a Wonderful day Nesties. Big hugshugRed Heart

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: txelements (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 01:36 PM EST  
txelements

wave Brrrrrrrr The waving hand needs a fat coat & a big glove. Grin
I hear we have a reinforcing shot of arctic air coming in tonight; meaning the rest of you probably already have it.

Doree, it appears to be especially cold, even for your area. Stay safe & warm.

I was sure wrong in stating the hawk, merlin/kestrels & eagles did not like photo ops, Scott. Wooh
Once again, amazing the black bears eat something so small as snow fleas. Nodding yes
Thanks for the interesting link, Annie. I'd have had to look it up, too. Nodding yes
So, Scott, I guess the cubs learn tree climbing skills from practice in the den on Mom. Titter

Feel better, JuD tea

Linda....
as cold as I've been the last week, your winter pics make for a warm feeling while viewing your beautiful work. Left thumb up

Great info on the tectonic map, Jean. Nodding yes
From what I understand, Wooh Whistling......they create fractures in the rocks, inject fluid into the cracks & force them further open. That allows more oil and gas out where it can be extracted. I wonder if that causes the ground to settle and it'd be interesting to know just how much settling has happened around the old Texas Stadium site where a lot of the quakes have been centered.

The Edwards Aquifer is part of the Balcones (pronounced Balconeys) Fault Zone & one of the largest aquifers in the world. A whole other interesting story. Smile

Carolyn.......it's rather chilly for your part of texas. Nodding yes

Big hugs Sal, PJ

Byebye for now

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:29 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate