Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
  Hastings Street/PNE Nest, Vancouver - 2015 - 2017
 |  Printable Version
By: Annemie (offline) on Saturday, September 16 2017 @ 03:40 PM EDT  
Annemie

Stim, the uneaten baby birds came down after Survivor lost his nest. H did not know how to fed himself on a branch. Some other well eaten stuff came down with the nest and some stuff was eaten and disposed of while the nest was still in operation.

Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Annemie (offline) on Saturday, September 16 2017 @ 03:46 PM EDT  
Annemie

I had a lot more prey pictures but must have deleted them by mistake. Frustration

The baby crow pictures are not in order and neither are all the other pictures.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, September 16 2017 @ 06:38 PM EDT  
karenbills

Wow that's a lot of prey that fell off the branch. Thanks for the pics, Annemie.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Tuesday, September 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM EDT  
urban Eagle

Rant Friends of these Eagles,
I hate too be the one to burst our bubble specially when I was the one blowing it up..
But I just got off the phone with David H , who just got off the phone with Parks board and sad too say that I had to cancel the man lift and that this nest build is back on hold till .....Frustration
My apologies for jumping the gun in making such a bold statement , When knowing we are dealing with the Parks board,my heart goes out too you Diana ,I wouldn't have the patience Big hugs
I would like to personally add a big thanks too Annemie and Stanhug for all you have done and cared for this nest and Eagle family.
Sorry Ma and Pa Hastings ,we tried
LarrySitting eagle

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Mission

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, September 19 2017 @ 05:43 PM EDT  
karenbills

I just got off the phone with David. We just want everyone to know that this is a perfect example of why David never ever deals with nests that are on public property. Just way too hard to obtain all the necessary permissions with all the red tape that is involved in dealing with any type of government be it local, provincial or federal. As Larry says, we tried.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: vkahri (offline) on Tuesday, September 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM EDT  
vkahri

Here's another image of prey under the nest tree. Photos are a mixture of before and after the nest fell. I saw the cormorant bird (black-neck and yellow beak) under the cottonwood tree across the street.

My PNE Hastings eagle photos and video clips are view-able to the public on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/vicki.kahri (Vancouver). Login with your Facebook account is necessary to connect. Facebook album DNP47 Summertime with eagles and heron fledglings. (Go into photos-albums and look for DNP47 album, or scroll down my Facebook home page and click on the DNP47 link, otherwise it will just show just some of the photos).

I decided not post the video clips here due to technology problems and I had too many eagle photos to post when I joined the forum -- Vicki

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Wednesday, September 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM EDT  
karenbills

Thanks for posting your pictures here, Vicki. I'm not on facebook so only what is posted here becomes part of David Hancock's research.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: diana (offline) on Saturday, October 07 2017 @ 02:20 PM EDT  
diana

Hi everyone

I was texted by one of the groundskeepers at the PNE that one of the Eagles returned yesterday October 6, 2017. I am not at that nest very often so I'm sure Annemie or Vicki will keep us posted when the other one returns.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:47 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate